• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Most hated Weapon!!

Hoady

I never had that problem with the minethrower.Just pop one in there legs the most they can do is make ground while falling over lol.

marcel_resident;74687 said:
i hate all the super guns because the game turns too easy and i think
those weapons are made by lossers

Yeah i reckon i never liked the infinite guns or something upgraded thats way to powerful, i kept a seperate file for that and never played it.I liked keeping the bolt action with slower reloading because it looks way cooler haha.

As for my most hated weapon i'd have to say the matilda, its completely useless on my part Striker came real close.

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
I am doing an all Matilda runthrough now and I rather like it. Yeah it burns through ammo very fast but it requires conservation unlike the Blacktail or Red9.

Useless weapon?
Mine Thrower: Thats what Grenades are for
Punisher: 5 Enemies in a row...... in what video game are you going to ever get that!
Chicago Typewriter: Makes the game too easy. I wouldnt mind an Infinite Ammo handgun with max 1.5 power though.
Infinite Rocket Launcher: For the same reason as above.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I use the Mine Thrower. But I think that the ammo from the mine thrower is scarse and such because for one good reason: the weapon itself is quite powerful.
Oddly enough... I've never actually used the Mine Thrower and I have no explaination as to why. Is that the one where you can only get ammo by increasing the capacity?

hellgirl223

Honestly, I don't hate any weapons; some are better than others, yes, but I'd never come to hate them XD
Each weapon does damage to enemies when you use them correctly, even little damage.

sadistic_greyfox

I have a major Hard on for bolt action rifles. Increases the intensity of the game, you have to land that first shot.

Like everyone else, The mine thrower. I cant think of one time that gun ever got me out of a jam, all it did was take up space.

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Really? I've never tried using it XD
What's the thing that makes it suck? :O

Its the weakest Handgun, has a so-so capacity, and has the worst feature of any Handgun, Piercing.

Not only is it rare to line up a headshot, AND get a second target, but the exclusive extends that to 5. Already, if you are aiming for the head, you will very likely not hit your secondary target. You need body shots to use the gun properly, and even then, the chance of lining up 5! I used the Punisher breifly and the most I could line up was 4, and that was in the Village Fight and the Cabin Fight. Those are the two most crowded parts of the game. Normally, you will rarely get 2.

I do admit I like the gun aesthetics. The design of the gun is based off of the sexy Five-seveN. The sound it makes it badass too.

hellgirl223

Its the weakest Handgun, has a so-so capacity, and has the worst feature of any Handgun, Piercing.

Not only is it rare to line up a headshot, AND get a second target, but the exclusive extends that to 5. Already, if you are aiming for the head, you will very likely not hit your secondary target. You need body shots to use the gun properly, and even then, the chance of lining up 5! I used the Punisher breifly and the most I could line up was 4, and that was in the Village Fight and the Cabin Fight. Those are the two most crowded parts of the game. Normally, you will rarely get 2.

I do admit I like the gun aesthetics. The design of the gun is based off of the sexy Five-seveN. The sound it makes it badass too.
oh, haha XD ill make sure not to use it lmao

the Punisher is also the gun you get from the merchant for free right?
/just asking

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Yup, not that it's worth it. I guess you can sell it. Or use refund your medallions for it just before the Cabin Fight, use it there, then sell it afterward. Thats all its really good for.

aoshi

I don;t hate any weapon as each weapon has its significance. But least preferred is sniper as it is slow and not effective in short ranges and highly mobile targets. Then again ,depending on such circumstances, TMP would be much effective. Also I don't like sniping in a survival game dealing with half-dead enemies.I would rather use Shot guns, TMPs and hand guns.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

Oddly enough... I've never actually used the Mine Thrower and I have no explaination as to why. Is that the one where you can only get ammo by increasing the capacity?
No, not quite so. I don't find alot of darts for it, but I often get 2 or 3 from random spots. But if you use it often you'll be out of darts almost all the time. I think the darts are only slightly less common than magnum ammo. Magnum ammo is more common because there are some spots that always will give 5 or 10 rounds. I'm not sure if there is any mandatory dart spots in the game.

The Punisher's exclusive upgrade is not that useful, but I think it's much more useful than what it's rumored to be. It's true that you almost never get more than 3-4 enemies in a row, but do remember that many enemies carry shields. With two enemies in a row and both carrying shields, you'll need a penetration factor of four! If you put a third enemy without shield into the mix, you might be able to utilize its full penetrating capability.

codename: HUNK

I love the default handgun. Tune that sucker right up an watch heads explode! best exclusive ever. gives you an edge while keeping a sense of challenge. Go through the game using nothing but that and your knife and you can have a ton of fun. I hate the handcannon, though. Once you get that souped up, the game loses a lot. there is no challenge and the overall experience is just less rewarding.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
The Punisher's exclusive upgrade is not that useful, but I think it's much more useful than what it's rumored to be. It's true that you almost never get more than 3-4 enemies in a row, but do remember that many enemies carry shields. With two enemies in a row and both carrying shields, you'll need a penetration factor of four! If you put a third enemy without shield into the mix, you might be able to utilize its full penetrating capability.

I agree with you. The number of times that he exclusive will ever help is about 1-0 times during the whole course of the game since all the enemies never group up together in 1 spot and about the only time they group up is when you are in the village, but even then you can't rely on the Punisher's exclusive since the gun is too weak and you would change to another weapon, unless you are trying to get through the whole game just by using the Punisher. I think a better exclusive for the Punisher would be higher firepower. I think the only credit that I will give to the Punisher's exclusive is that at least it isn't the worst/useless exclusive. I think that honor goes to either the Riot Gun or Bolt Action Rifle. The Riot Gun is a trashy gun from the start as it is basically the same as the regular Shotgun with the exception that it the Riot Gun costs more for everything. The Bolt Action is useless by the time you get the Semi-Auto Rifle and by time you already got enough money to buy the exclusive the Semi-Auto Rife is already available to buy.

Also, and I know that this is a little bit knit picky, but dosen't anyone think that the Punisher doesn't make sense. Think about it for just a second. It is the only handgun in the game that can shoot through mulitple people and the other handguns don't. So that means that the Punisher should be the most powerful gun in the game, but yet it is the weakest.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I hate the handcannon, though. Once you get that souped up, the game loses a lot. there is no challenge and the overall experience is just less rewarding.
You could say the same about the Chicago Typewriter and the Infinite Launcher? The Handcannon takes up less inventory space than them. (Assuming the cannon is same size as other magnums.)

codename: HUNK

yeah, though, if you try to go through the game using nothing but the rocket launcher, that can create a challenge, too. It's hard not to blow yourself up. The chicago typewritter just straight up sucks. It gets so aimlessly boring. It just makes me want to kick puppies, shave cats, and steal candy from babies.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Riot Gun,

Utterly pointless,especially at the stage in which you can get it. I always just stick to my tried and trusted 12gauge.
Plus the Riot gun is a good all-rounder... which is a kind way of saying it's retard-proof.

Top Bottom