• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 More Noooob questions

Al74

Here's a few things that I am stuck on...

What's the point of the treasures? Can I just sell them?

Can you buy ammo?

Finally, how do I get the Sheva to use better guns than her pistol. Is there any way to control what she uses? She seems to run around with the pistol, switch to shotgun, fire off a round then use her pistol and run around with that.

Thanks folks

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yes, you sell the treasures.

As for buying ammo, you can only increase the capacity of your weapon - and in doing so, your weapon becomes fully loaded to its capacity. I think the difference might be stored in your inventory, I'm not entirely sure. But no, you cannot buy ammo on its own, you just have to find it.

As for controlling what she uses; I think the best way is to watch the weapons that you give her. If it's a more difficult chapter, perhaps its best to take away the pistol or the stungun. Attack/cover mode might have an impact in what she uses as well.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
For treasures you can sell them them get some money.

The ammo can't be bought. The only ammo you can buy are grenade launcher ammo and mines. If you want any other ammo you are going to have to buy a gun that has the ammo and then sell it.

To get Sheva to use better guns just tell her to attack and she will switch her gun with something else in her inventory or just do what La Femme Fatal says. However if you tell her to attack then you are going to have to watch her because she goes gun crazy and she loses health faster than having her to follow you also she may run way far away from you so if she is dying and she is not close then you can saftly say that she is a goner.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I didn't want to start a whole thread on this so I figured I would continue the noob/random questioning here.

Just out of curiosity, can the infected still put you in an armlock from behind and slam you on the ground?

Like in this picture:
ResidentEvil5.jpg

Or is this just something they featured in the trailer for looks, because I have yet to have this happen.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
STAR_738;59989 said:
I didn't want to start a whole thread on this so I figured I would continue the noob/random questioning here.

Just out of curiosity, can the infected still put you in an armlock from behind and slam you on the ground?

Like in this picture:
ResidentEvil5.jpg

Or is this just something they featured in the trailer for looks, because I have yet to have this happen.

It is only in the trailers. I wish they didn't took that out, but there is no reason why and the game is still great so I shouldn't complain. But I wish that they didn't took that out.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ah OK.
Yeah it's still a great game without it, but it's still an awesome little maneuver that they should have kept in the game.

Xcessive_Evil

Al74;59038 said:
Here's a few things that I am stuck on...

What's the point of the treasures? Can I just sell them?

Can you buy ammo?

Finally, how do I get the Sheva to use better guns than her pistol. Is there any way to control what she uses? She seems to run around with the pistol, switch to shotgun, fire off a round then use her pistol and run around with that.

Thanks folks
Yes, you can sell them. The point of them is to not only get a trophy for collecting them all, but to use the cash to upgrade weapons.

The only ammo you can buy iirc is grenade launcher ammo.

She will only use what she picks up, or you assign to her before the round. You will see when you use Sheva, Chris is no different. some actually say Chris is worse as an AI than Sheva.

Top Bottom