• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Mod/DLC idea: Using characters for other chapters?

JRfromGermany

Hello RE fans.

I am not finished with the game yet but i already hope to see a mod where you can use someone like Jake for the Leon missions (just as an example).

I think when you finished the game it shouldn't matter anymore which character you choose to beat a chapter. Even the videoclips could stay the same. It would be a nice idea, are there already rumours for such a mod/DLC?

greetings.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Hello RE fans.

I am not finished with the game yet but i already hope to see a mod where you can use someone like Jake for the Leon missions (just as an example).

I think when you finished the game it shouldn't matter anymore which character you choose to beat a chapter. Even the videoclips could stay the same. It would be a nice idea, are there already rumours for such a mod/DLC?

greetings.

When the game hits Steam i'd imagine PC game modders are going to come up with all sorts of crazy stuff!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You mean like, for example, playing Leon's campaign with Jake and Ada instead of Leon and Helena? Sounds fun. I had the same idea a few days ago, but I don't think Capcom will actually release a mod like this. Fans most certainly will, as they did with RE5, at least for the PC version; I don't know if it works for consoles as well. But of course the cutscene animations should be adjusted so it still fits the character models. For example, Jake and Sherry looking into each other's eyes can't be the same as Chris and Piers doing that, because Chris and Piers are the same height, while the other two are not. It would look really strange in some cases if the animations in cutscenes stayed the same while the characters are swapped.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Are you talking to me? Well, I have quite some... more obvious pictures, including certain body parts that are usually hidden... and an uncensored version of my signature. :p Just PM me if you're interested. ;)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
well I'm a part of a Resident Evil modding community that will definitely be working on such things.

Whether I have a hand in the modding myself remains to be seen.

It really depends on how easy the tools are going to be to access the files and such.

But I'm pretty sure character swapping would be easy.

But I really would love to be able to see model importing such as some of the ones I created for RE4.

Take these for example as a few of the mods I created for RE4.

But with that being said, I kinda doubt we will get this type of modding in RE6 if its anything like RE5 where full model importing hasn't been done yet.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i am not fond of the mod idea that the op said in their original first post, if you want that wait for the pc version and if you are technically sound (good with computer modding). go for it, but i for one am not for the mod. but i am eagerly awaiting for DLC (game-add-ons) to come to the game-market place :)

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Yes, there will definitely be mods for this kinda stuff. As for *official* DLC, Capcom has shown a disinterest in disrupting "story elements" (or something), which was Capcom's response to being asking if players could use Mercenaries Reunions characters like Excella as costumes in the campaign of RE5. Personally though, I like the idea...

Top Bottom