• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Merchant?

RegeneratorHater24

Do you think they'll put a merchant in the game, sticking with the Re4 appeal. Or will you have to find it all yourself like the older games? Personally, I hope they stick with the RE4 idea.

RegeneratorHater24

Maybe they will have a merchant, like a un-infected villager there or something... Or maybe Claire will give you stuff throughout the game

RegeneratorHater24

If they do have a merchant, I can't wait to hear the theme for him/her. I loved the theme for the merchant in RE4, it was so serene.

geweapon

Ok, just confirming what I suggested this is what Jun says in that interview:

[font=Courier New, Verdana][size=12pt]"As far as the Merchant goes, he's pretty popular, we know a lot of fans out there like him, I can't actually say whether he's going to appear in this game or not though right at the moment, but I can tell you that there will be(off course) a weapons upgrade system available in the game."

Jun Takeuchi, RE5 Interview.[/size][/font]

He also says that (in no particular order):

[font=Courier New, Verdana][size=12pt]"There are going be over 20 weapons you will be able use in the game"

"I can tell you that you will be able to get your hands on some pretty interesting weaponry throught some interesting methods."

"As for the green herbs, that is one strange plant, seems to grow where ever you go in the world so we're sure it will appear in Resident Evil 5 aswell."

Jun Takeuchi, RE5 Interview.
[/size][/font]

Cousintony

It still sounds a little like no merchant to me. (my opinion) but still might be a guy to upgrade. Or maybe like one key location with new weaponry. who knows......

geweapon

In my opinion, I think that there will be a 'Merchant' but probably not the same one as seen in RE4 due to capcoms reasoning of trying to re-design everything while still using features from RE4 ie. The control system. and just guessing but probably the upgrade system too.

geweapon

I think thats the case. Unless he jumped on a plane and flew to Africa lol, customs might have something to say about that with the arsenal he carries around :D

Cousintony

[quote author=geweapon link=topic=338.msg7496#msg7496 date=1214534233]
I think thats the case. Unless he jumped on a plane and flew to Africa lol, customs might have something to say about that with the arsenal he carries around :D
[/quote]

lol :D

Cousintony

[quote author=RegeneratorHater24 link=topic=338.msg7500#msg7500 date=1214537417]
I hope they do have a merchant, its the highlight of a level. Usually, when there's a merchant, its usually (not always) a safe zone :D
[/quote]

Even if its not a safe zone, You still feel safe ;)

RegeneratorHater24

Lol yeah, if I was in Resident Evil:
Merchant: What're you buyin?
Me: Sorry I'm not suppossed to talk to strangers...
Merchant: What are you selling?
Me: What?
Merchant: Ah, I'll buy that at a high price!
Me: Ahh pedofile!!
Merchant: Come back anytime!
:D :D

Top Bottom