• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Merc Dies At The End Of RE6

Do you think the Merc will die at the end of RE6

• Totally, he's virus fodder...

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No way, He's to badass to die...

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is it just me, or do you think the merc is the type who is gonna be a tragic hero type and die at the end...He just kind of reminds me of characters like that...Like the Apprentice in Force Unleashed, or Steve in RE...He's cool, and he'll have a badass moment, but in the end he'll die...Who thinks he will...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Depends on whether or not he's Steve Burnside/Alex Wesker... I wish Alex Wesker would turn out to be a girl... Or Steve Burnside all along. His dad was an Umbrella Employee, he could have easily been adopted and kept a secret. Since there's multiple Wesker children and all, I'd presume some of them would have been adopted by Umbrella employees. I need to stop with my conspiracy theories... They're just so much fun!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Depends on whether or not he's Steve Burnside/Alex Wesker... I wish Alex Wesker would turn out to be a girl... Or Steve Burnside all along. His dad was an Umbrella Employee, he could have easily been adopted and kept a secret. Since there's multiple Wesker children and all, I'd presume some of them would have been adopted by Umbrella employees. I need to stop with my conspiracy theories... They're just so much fun!
Alex isn't a girl though...The Japanese files say it's a boy...As far as Steve being Alex...I highly doubt it...His dad was real low on the Umbrella payroll...If Steve were adopted he'd have been way better looked after than that...Also, Spencer obviously knew Alex during his adult life...Steve was Claire's age or younger...And Steve didn't have near the intelligence that Alex is said to have...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Alex isn't a girl though...The Japanese files say it's a boy...As far as Steve being Alex...I highly doubt it...His dad was real low on the Umbrella payroll...If Steve were adopted he'd have been way better looked after than that...Also, Spencer obviously knew Alex during his adult life...Steve was Claire's age or younger...And Steve didn't have near the intelligence that Alex is said to have...

This is true. I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part, I'd love to see Steve again. Hell, I'd love to see a lot of characters again that I probably won't. Damn unfinished story lines!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This is true. I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part, I'd love to see Steve again. Hell, I'd love to see a lot of characters again that I probably won't. Damn unfinished story lines!
Well...We can't call Billy's unfinished if that's what you mean...His is technically finished...Rebecca and Barry are iffy...Steve is DEFINITELY unfinished, and I think Capcom will eventually explain what happened, whether he's the Merc in RE6 or not...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Well...We can't call Billy's unfinished if that's what you mean...His is technically finished...Rebecca and Barry are iffy...Steve is DEFINITELY unfinished, and I think Capcom will eventually explain what happened, whether he's the Merc in RE6 or not...

Yeah, I'm guessing Rebecca will appear or be explained in damnation whenever that comes out. As for the mystery character in RE6... Sheva, a new main character didn't die in RE5 and neither did Josh... So I doubt this new character will either. Capcom tends to only kill off unimportant characters for the most part. Maybe they'll surprise us though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, I'm guessing Rebecca will appear or be explained in damnation whenever that comes out. As for the mystery character in RE6... Sheva, a new main character didn't die in RE5 and neither did Josh... So I doubt this new character will either. Capcom tends to only kill off unimportant characters for the most part. Maybe they'll surprise us though.
But Sheva REALLY didn't add anything to the story...Neither did Josh...They were just kind of there...Josh helped a little...But neither fit the "tragic hero" archetype like this guy seems to...And yea, I'm willing to bet our little Rebecca is gonna be all grown up in Damnation...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
But Sheva REALLY didn't add anything to the story...Neither did Josh...They were just kind of there...Josh helped a little...But neither fit the "tragic hero" archetype like this guy seems to...And yea, I'm willing to bet our little Rebecca is gonna be all grown up in Damnation...

Yeah I really didn't like Sheva or Josh. I hope this new character will bring more to the table than they did, it seems like he will so far. A more matured, hardened Rebecca sounds pretty good too. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah I really didn't like Sheva or Josh. I hope this new character will bring more to the table than they did, it seems like he will so far. A more matured, hardened Rebecca sounds pretty good too. :)
By hardened what do you mean...I really don't want her being a colder character....

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
By hardened what do you mean...I really don't want her being a colder character....

By hardened I mean a bit less sensitive (More like Jill Valentine) but not a cold hearted bitch. lol I just think after all this time she'd be way more experienced and a bit hardened from the events... For example, she may separate herself a bit more from people and not get so attached, but still have feelings.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
By hardened I mean a bit less sensitive (More like Jill Valentine) but not a cold hearted bitch. lol I just think after all this time she'd be way more experienced and a bit hardened from the events... For example, she may separate herself a bit more from people and not get so attached, but still have feelings.
I can see how she would need that...And it'd be more realistic...But if it happens, I'm definitely gonna miss the naive, cute, smiley girl she was...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I can see how she would need that...And it'd be more realistic...But if it happens, I'm definitely gonna miss the naive, cute, smiley girl she was...

Me too, but it will also be a good change and she'd be a more believable playable character. I just plain miss her character, it would've been cool to have played as her in RE:ORC as a mini game. /:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Me too, but it will also be a good change and she'd be a more believable playable character. I just plain miss her character, it would've been cool to have played as her in RE:ORC as a mini game. /:
Hell, I hear even Chris is gonna be in ORC in a mission...I think we should've seen her before HIM...

Jakeykins18

Useless
I think he'll probably jump into something or somewhere (killing himself) so whoever wants a cure through his blood for whatever virus it is can't get to it b/c they screw him over somehow in there deal for his blood.

Good theory? :3

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm sorry and don't want to offend, but doesn't the title of this thread remind you of a certain song by Andy Samberg...

WHEN THE MERCENARY DIES AT THE END OF RE6 I...

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

IN MY PANTS.

Top Bottom