• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Matilda Appreciation

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
I personally love the Matilda in almost every RE game it appears in. It's amazing to look at, and if you are ammo efficient, the three round burst can be amazing.

It is a damn shame it's restricted to New Game +. I can pretty much only play New Game on Pro, it's the only way I can enjoy the game now due to it's difficulty. This pretty much restricts me from using my favourite gun in the game.

Side note: I don't think there is, but does anyone know any glitches to get the Matilda on a new game, or a mod for the PC version to start with the Matilda only?

So let's all appreciate the awesomeness that is this gun!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
How many games did they put the Matilda in? I thought it was just RE4.
Anyway I liked the Matilda, but usually I have the Chicago Typewriter so I never use it.

ProMode

I should try the Matilda again. Yeah, it's super sweet but if it's your only pistol, you have to master the pressure on the fire button to fire one bullet at a time and I think it ended up being more annoying than anything else. I just didn't have enough ammo to keep up with it.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
Well the Matilda is a Heckler and Koch VP70, which was Leon's starting pistol in RE2, and the Wingshooter in RE6 is also a model of the VP70. The stock is a actual attachment as it also served as a holster of sorts for the gun. It also appears in ORC and UC which is a total of 5 games.

I just like the Matilda as its a reference to 'Leon: The Professional'

Last edited:
Top Bottom