• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 main protagonist in RE7

Solidfire93

i say Jill as the main protagonist for RE7, with a Monster that chase her all the time like Nemesis !
a scary Survival Horror RE game mixed with a small(not much) tiny bit of action game play !
just like RE4 used to be at the beginning....
take us back to a Mansion or a Castle with an underground Lab.
give us limited ammo and weak pistols that take 7 shots to kill a standard zombie !
i wish that After RE2 remake,RE7 go back to Survival horror Roots...
i realy miss Tank control !
the fixed camera angle.

what do you think ?
which protagonist you want to see in RE7 ?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Gimme Chris and I want there to be lots of action and explosions, beards, and *pepperonis and bullets!

*Pepperonis are Chris' nipples

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I doubt it'll be Chris or Jill. Sorry guys! I would love to see Jill return and we might actually see her because Revelations 2 hinted we will see her soon. We also had two numbered titles with Chris recently. I will admit that I would love to see Chris have a beard and be all Obi-Wan Kenobi! That would be amazing :3 And then the Sith Lord Alex Wesker will cut him down and he'll become one with the force xD jk jk

I really would love Natalia to be the main character and have her fight Alex, with the whole game taking place in her head. I think this would be a great way to bring the horror back and Capcom can use it as an excuse to make some truly terrifying moments. Though.... everyone has heard this from me by now xD

There's been a rumor that William Birkin is going to make some sort of an appearance. Maybe Sherry can be a character? Hmmmm I have more than a few theories on why Sherry would actually make sense. Plus her feeble nature would allow for a better survival horror experience than the most experience BSAA or DSO agents could provide.

black 93

I think we'll have Jill solely for the fact that there's a lot left unexplained about her after RE5 and because pretty much every other character has been back since. I think we're also gunna see Jake come back, and maybe a new character. I do think though that after 7, capcom is gunna need some new blood. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire are all in their late 30's/ early 40's. Jake's young and is an awesome character despite what people say about him. Jake just had the misfortune of debuting in what many say is the worst RE game. Sherry was one of the few things in RE6 that wasn't really criticised, and i would like her to become a more prominent character. I think it's finally time to move on a little, Jill's the only older character that i have any real questions regarding what she's doing now. Chris is with the BSAA carrying on for piers, Barry's settled with his family, Claire's still with terrasave, Leon's still an agent, what's Jill doing? Once capcom cover that, im more than happy for some new characters to get some attention. Also i can definitley see some development of Natalia/Alex thrown into 7 as well.

Agent Spike

I think it should be someone new. I don't know but I'm kinda getting tired of the same batch of characters OR use Rebecca, Billy, or Sherry again.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I'd love to see Jill again, don't get me wrong but saying she's in rehab isn't really a closure in my eyes. But I think we'll never see Jill again and here's why:

Jill's entire purpose in life to me almost seems to be to support Chris. She survived Racoon almost single handedly with a Tyrant chasing her, she's a co-founder of the BSAA and all that only to fade into the dust as merely Chris's partner or a side-character that isn't important to the series? Capcom is just f*cking with me a big time. Making Jill simply a co-worker of Chris (Capcom insists on calling her Chris' partner ergo co-worker [So not even a close friend? Ummm.... Has Capcom ever played RE5 again?? Did they understand the plot of it?? It wasn't just about killing Wesker like RE6 mentioned that in the files... But yeah let's leave it at that]) I noticed that every character that isn't linked either to Chris or Leon becomes unimportant to the series. Just an observation.

Other than that I don't think Capcom can do her characters any justice. Only Mikami-san could, since she was his favorite, but when he left they turned her into a joke, plus she's terribly inconsistent. But I blame Capcom for that one (Makes me wonder, do they even pay attention to the story/characters???)
So, since she became unimportant to Chris, she became unimportant to the series as well. Sad but true, but then again I never considered Capcom to be good story-writers in the first place. The plot is too convoluted (like many games that come from Japan) and too many retcons. I don't even know what's canon anymore. LOL

I bet we'll see Chris, Rebecca or Leon to be in the next game. Afterall, they'll release a new CGI-movie and that is supposed to be a reboot, if I'm not mistaken. (Then they'll have a legitimate reason to kick Jill out of the franchise, without explaining themselves why they did that. LOL).

TBH. I'd love to see something like ME3 Citadel DLC did. All important characters in a game in order to say your last goddbyes to them. But I'm sure Capcom will never pull off such a thing :p

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Given how RE7 ended, and assuming they want to continue the story they've been telling, I'd say Jake is a pretty safe bet. As for who I'd like, I would like to see just about any of the more unsung fan favorites come back.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Given how RE7 ended, and assuming they want to continue the story they've been telling, I'd say Jake is a pretty safe bet. As for who I'd like, I would like to see just about any of the more unsung fan favorites come back.

I think you mean RE6 xD and RE6 ended with 4 different endings. Though the only post credit scene that is even worth mentioning is Jakes, which was decent. I think they will continue his story at some point but given his character is more action based. They will need to be careful. They may even go with Sherry as she a very venerable character. Considering the story of Alex Wesker. This would only add to her story. I think that the who G-Virus successfully bonding with her and that she can live up to 400 years is something that someone who seeks immortality would be very interested in. There is definitely many different ways the story can go, and I'm sure Jake will be a part of it.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Yes, I meant RE6. Slip of the fingers. Anyway, Jake's little desert bonus scene is the end end of the game, and if Capcom are doubling down on the canon they were working from in RE6 (and the play suggests they probably are), it's a high likelihood they'll pick up there. Personally, I wouldn't mind it. He could be annoying, but he was incredibly fun to play as in my opinion. I found it really odd that people reacted so negatively to him, because I can remember loads of people back in the 'classic' days begging for a character who could do the things he can. Then, when they finally got it, they were like "WE NEVER WANTED THIS! ROT IN HELL, CAPCOM!" xD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
To be honest. I think Jake is one of the most fleshed out and well written characters. He was more human than most of the characters in the series, despite having his powers. His character was very believable and the growth of a hero.

I still can't figure out how he was ever annoying? I think he's quite likable and relatable. Up until RE6 and Rev 2. Most of the characters in the series were static characters within the game. This was probably the biggest plague of the series. Jake is a very dynamic character.

black 93

To be honest. I think Jake is one of the most fleshed out and well written characters. He was more human than most of the characters in the series, despite having his powers. His character was very believable and the growth of a hero.

I still can't figure out how he was ever annoying? I think he's quite likable and relatable. Up until RE6 and Rev 2. Most of the characters in the series were static characters within the game. This was probably the biggest plague of the series. Jake is a very dynamic character.
Couldnt put it better myself. Capcom definitely seem to be trying to add some depth to these characters. Like before revelations 2, Barry was just a big goofy guy who said amazing dialouge lol. We knew he had a family but that's as far as it went. In revelations 2 we saw different side to Barry, kind of an emotional one. A desperate father trying to find his daughter, we saw him bond with Natalia, we saw how conflicted he was with himself about his daughter polly being hurt and him and moira been estranged. That's probably the most depth any character has had in any RE game. Jake developed so much over RE6, he started off as a cold money hungry mercenary, and by the end of the game he cared deeply about Sherry, was willing to use what he had to fight bio terroism for nothing, and was the complete opposite of his father. Chris is another one, people hate the fact that he was suffering with PTSD in 6, but i loved it. It made him more relatable, especially since we have experienced everything with him, it's perfectly understandable that they guy could be messed up after all the stuff he's dealt with. That end cutscene of chris' campaign when he's eating in the bar alone and a soldier comes in and says "we've received new orders" and then we see Chris walking out the bar ready for another mission was great. It gave me feeling that Chris was thinking no matter what, i have to keep fighting. Im definitley liking this stuff capcom is doing, we've been with these characters for years and this kind of stuff just makes them even better.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Couldnt put it better myself. Capcom definitely seem to be trying to add some depth to these characters. Like before revelations 2, Barry was just a big goofy guy who said amazing dialouge lol. We knew he had a family but that's as far as it went. In revelations 2 we saw different side to Barry, kind of an emotional one. A desperate father trying to find his daughter, we saw him bond with Natalia, we saw how conflicted he was with himself about his daughter polly being hurt and him and moira been estranged. That's probably the most depth any character has had in any RE game. Jake developed so much over RE6, he started off as a cold money hungry mercenary, and by the end of the game he cared deeply about Sherry, was willing to use what he had to fight bio terroism for nothing, and was the complete opposite of his father. Chris is another one, people hate the fact that he was suffering with PTSD in 6, but i loved it. It made him more relatable, especially since we have experienced everything with him, it's perfectly understandable that they guy could be messed up after all the stuff he's dealt with. That end cutscene of chris' campaign when he's eating in the bar alone and a soldier comes in and says "we've received new orders" and then we see Chris walking out the bar ready for another mission was great. It gave me feeling that Chris was thinking no matter what, i have to keep fighting. Im definitley liking this stuff capcom is doing, we've been with these characters for years and this kind of stuff just makes them even better.

100% agreed. To add with what you said about Barry. I loved how he saw himself as a failure of being a father. Something he seeks to amend with Natalia. The bad ending was just tragic for Barry. Alex could have killed him but instead left him with a far crueler fate. To make him suffer with his guilt and failure as a father. I honestly can't think of many villains in literature that is capable of such cruelty as Alex Wesker. Despite of how brilliant she is, she's ****ed in the head. That ending kind of in a way reminded me of the ending to the first SaW film with the twist where the killer walks away and slams the door shut as he says "Game Over".

I never liked Chris until RE6. He was a very human character in that game. Very well written and believable. I will admit that I think it would have been more impactful if Pier's took his place and it was Chris who made the sacrifice and had that horrifying moment of where Pier's arm was lost. Peoples jaw would drop, people would be angry sure, but it would have been a very well written scene. The whole game felt like a build up for Chris to succeed by Pier's. The sacrifices in The Marhawa Desire where Pier's almost died and Merha saved him and the build up for his character also seems to point out that this may have originally been Capcom's intention and then they chickened out.

I really hope that Jake goes on a mission to find out the truth about his father. It would be a good way for Albert's legacy to be preserved in the series while progressing the story. As much flak as RE6 gets, and it certainly has some very poor elements in the game. The physics and AI was god awful, something the series is well known to excel at. The story was a huge improvement for the series. Another problem was that people did not like the story regarding the villains, something every RE game empathises on. RE6 was very much like a Fast and Furious movie where the game main focus was the interaction between the protagonist. With this in mind. The story goes from good to great. The whole Carla plot was stupid. Capcom used Ada's mysterious personality as a ruse to make an uninspired and unoriginal plot with the whole bait and switch by using a freaking clone. There is nothing wrong with a bait and switch, there is a problem when you use a clone as the twist. Simmons on the other hand had great potential to become a fantastic villain, and one that could have been reoccurring.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
RE6 was definitely more Leon's game so I just hope it is not him as the leading character in RE7.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think it was all of them equally. Only Chris had the best and most human story. We probably won't see Leon again until RE8. He always was a start of the even numbered titles.

Unknown

Leon was promoted more in 6 because he was the first protagonist they decided on and his campaign had zombies.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It just had everything to do with Leon though since Ada/Carla played a big role in RE6. But I agree that Chris' story mode was the best of the bunch.

Last edited:

Unknown

Actually, the irony of RE6 is that Leon is the poster boy for it, but he is actually the least important character in the game. His campaign is actually about Helena and her hatred for Simmons, and he spends most of the time asking people what is even going on.

Top Bottom