• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Main Game and Seperate Ways - the ultimate RE 4 experience

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
As part of my current RE Saga playthrough I have just started RE 4 again and like during my last few runs on this game I decided to fuse Leons campaign and Adas campaign (Seperate Ways) into one run. Meaning I continually switch between both campaigns to play them in the right chronological order. For example I started with Ada Chapter 1 and rang the church bell and then switched to Leons first chapter, played with him until he finds Luiz and then switch back to Ada on Chapter 2 etc. Of course some events are overlapping and sometimes Ada ´s campaign jumps a bit ahead but overall this to me is the most satisfying way to play RE 4 for a number of reasons.

First of all I LOVE Ada as a character and Seperate Ways is actually my favorite thing in the game. The way she plays, moves (the hookshot is so badass) and her interactions with Wesker (who does not appear in Leons campaign), Krauser and Leon are really awesome and Sally Cahill is just killing it in this game as Ada.

Secondly, I really love playing things in chronological order and see scenes and interactions from two different perspectives and how everything comes together when seeing it chronologically. Playing both Leons and Adas campaign together and almost at the same time gives also a better and more complete view on the events and story, especially in regards to Weskers involvement. A good example would be Krauser. First fighting him with Leon and then only moments later finishing him off with Ada, then helping Leon to kill saddler and then switching to Leon and killing Saddler is really awesome and my favorite way of experiencing RE 4. Additionally I usually skip scenes that I already have seen before on either campaign so it flows more niclely toghether.

Its also interesting to switch between Leon and Ada all the time as it gives the feeling of them being more connected and parallels to each other in the story. It also is pretty cool to compare their styles more closely that way. Ada seems more elegant and stylish but with less firepower (since she has no upgrades) and she also takes much more damage. While Leon is more powerful with better weapons and more resistance to damage and its really interesting to alternate between those two.

That's a pretty cool way to play, it gives it like a Revelations feel , like switching between Jill n Chris, and Clair and Barry. Im getting it for PS4 and cant wait to play it for the however manyeth time.

Top Bottom