• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Main Difference Between Original Resi Games (1-3, CV,1re,0,) and More Recent Ones (4-6, Rev 1,2)

Hey, just wanna take this time and give you all my opinion on what I feel is the most changing factor of the Resident Evil games. I love and played each game so many different times and I dig everything about them. Im only mentioning the difference of games cuz of the camera and play style, but what I feel the most difference in the game is the ITEM BOX found in all the original games. and also your INVENTORY.

Any time you play the old school Resident Evils, If I need a key to get in a door, that's taking up an inventory slot for what I can bring with me. Now that's part of the challenge as well, its one of the factors that make the game difficult, In the later Resident Evils, Any key items don't take up an inventory slot, focusing more on weapon upgrade and ammo n herbs. This is just an appreciation of the different types of game your able to play within a Resident Evil franchise.

Obtaining pesetas and gold and skill points is super f'n fun. Its something that made Resident Evil 4 a totally different feel from the old school ones. I like both aspects, and Resident Evil 7 that's coming out, I feel the series might change again. I know the demo storyline isn't important, it was just a way to show us what the game style will be like, and that inventory seemed old school. My bad if this is super long I just think its an important aspect of the game, having an ITEM BOX throughout all your locations to hold everything(1-3 CV, 0, 1), that's something that makes the game fun, and choosing what to bring with you even keys n ****.
With Resident Evil 5, its cool theres only 9 slots, and in between chapters its almost like you got a big ITEM BOX for everything you've acquired.

These are just reasons why each game is awesome to me and it makes each game unique and fun. Just thought Id like to share it with you all.

plant99

V-ACT
Obtaining pesetas and gold and skill points is super f'n fun. Its something that made Resident Evil 4 a totally different feel from the old school ones
Yeah, i agree. I think the fact that weapons had to be slowly worked up to and unobtainable until you reached a certain point was the best part. Points were fairly and evenly distributed with a hierarchy of points rewarded depending on enemy slain.
Any time you play the old school Resident Evils, If I need a key to get in a door, that's taking up an inventory slot for what I can bring with me.
This.

I miss deciding on what to ditch and what to take. It's even worse when you play the game on a harder difficulty. However, i never really thought of it being unique- many 90's games had the keys as being part of your inventory.

IMHO, it's a shame video-games have thrown this inventory concept out of the window. Like COD is just a task of following an NPC. Even """""rpg""""" games have just become poor.

Revelations 2 inventory scheme is extremely similar to the original games. All key items and keys and stuff are included in your inventory, even though you have much more spaces. Claire and Barry start with 10 then you can get 15, Moira and Natalia start with 5 then get 10.

Im thinking Resident Evil 7 is gonna go back to that aspect of gaming which is awesome. It will make the originals have more in common with later games. Im up for the challenge.

And Resident Evil 4, when you go to your inventory, it pauses live actions just like the originals, Resident Evil 5 and up has a live inventory change, you gotta be fast when doing herbs and stuff.
Im pretty sure Outbreak 1 n 2 had the live inventory swapping. Those games are definitely fun and challenging but not as epic as the main series.

So it looks like Resident Evil 7 is going back to having the ITEM BOX. it also looks like according to the demo as well, that there are 4 inventory slots for your weapons, and 8 inventory slots for everything else, ammo, herbs, and key items.
-That to me is super exciting, The original Resident Evils, I liked how everything, even an ink ribbon, took up an inventory slot. Resident Evil 4 changed the way items are handled. Im a fan of both, cant complain about any Resident Evils, Each games has its own inventory scheme...

- I like in Revelations 1, you can only have 3 weapons at once, but they have the Weapon Box throughout the game.
-And Revelations 2 is probly the coolest. Start out with 10 slots for Claire and Barry, 5 for Moira and Natalia, then it can increase to 15 for Claire and Barry, and 10 for Moira and Natalia, and that's the first game since Resident Evil 0 where a key item takes up an inventory slot. Super old school.

Top Bottom