• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares Special Camera

Lil Nuggets

The guy who spins his pencil thinking its cool
Did anyone let their nostalgia run rampant and actually get through the lost in nightmares dlc with the difficult to use classic camera?
picutre.png

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I did...I don't remember where I heard about this, but I heard about it RIGHT after LIN came out...I never play LIN any other way...I honestly think they should make a spin-off game where this is HOW it plays the entire time...

Lil Nuggets

Yeah it'd be great but apparently noyone in capcom likes the classic resident evil style anymore.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah it'd be great but apparently noyone in capcom likes the classic resident evil style anymore.
I don't think that's true...I think they like them..Hell...They like them enough to include them in the RE6 special edition...Just, games have changed and evolved so much, that making a full on game in that style would be financial suicide...If it's a big budget game at least, like RE6 is...

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I unlocked this after beating Chapter 3-1, to my surprise.

I looked up how to do the classic camera, did it, smiled, opened a door, expecting it to switch back to over the shoulder view... but it didn't.
I had no idea you could play THE WHOLE DLC with it. This is amazing!

Edit: I found myself trying to do old habits like pressing square to walk up/down stairs. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: Aw, it switched back. :(

I guess it's because the combat would have sucked with it turned on. I wish they did what RE3.5 did; have a fixed camera, and OTS view for aiming.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
I had no idea it was possible to have classic camera mode :O I need to replay it again anyway (still need achievements :p) and I am deffinately playing it like that :D

potato

Never knew about the classic camera until today. Does it work on coop netplay? Happens to both players? How do you aim?

Lil Nuggets

Never knew about the classic camera until today. Does it work on coop netplay? Happens to both players? How do you aim?

Yup you can do it online and splitscreen, but it will only happen to the player doing the specific requirement. Aiming is the same and has to be done with the right analog stick, which makes this difficult to use. Thankfully its not very often an enemy will pop up in the mansion.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I played with it on and didn't like it. It felt wrong. The modern RE games should never be played with the classic controlled camera.

And while some people may like that camera angle, even if only for the nostalgia, I never liked it, simply because it made me feel like an outside observer while the behind-the-back camera angle made feel like I was there with the character.

Top Bottom