• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 'll be back !!

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Sure, it's Wesker I'm talking about, but now we're looking at it in retrospect. By the time you are referring to, he was nothing but "another villain". He didn't even have red eyes by that time. I doubt that the original developers of Resident Evil were already planning to bring him back, and I never even thought of it after finishing the game for the first time.

Imagine he would have stayed dead and Irons would have returned instead. No one would be talking about Wesker anymore.
Imagine a Resident Evil 10 that features Piers (who is a well-established main character by then) and a new partner who dies at the end. Someone will claim: "He'll be back! After all, Piers came back too, didn't he?" And someone else will answer: "Yeah, but it's Piers we're talking about." You get my point? As Jenevieva said, we don't know what the developers are planning for those characters (and I'm even sure they don't really know it themselves, otherwise they wouldn't have to do so many remakes to set things right).

Then let us sound stupid together, because I can't handle bad endings for good characters either. Actually I don't really care if we ever get to play Piers again, if only I know he's alive and well. (I would still appreciate it, though.)
Think about what you're saying. Piers sacrificed his life to save his Captain. It was an emotional decision that took a lot of courage. If they brought him back all of what he did would have meant nothing. You have to know the difference between a good moral death and a bad one. Piers died for a good reason and he isn't coming back. Which isn't a bad thing if you think about it this way. Its good story telling.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Oh, I do think a lot about what I'm saying, thank you. So Jill's return after throwing herself and Wesker out of the window to save Chris makes her self-sacrifice meaningless? Or is it just "bad story-telling"?

Reactions: Jen

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Oh, I do think a lot about what I'm saying, thank you. So Jill's return after throwing herself and Wesker out of the window to save Chris makes her self-sacrifice meaningless? Or is it just "bad story-telling"?
Sigh, again think about what you're saying. Why do you keep comparing Piers to staple series characters like Wesker and Jill? Jill never died. Piers actually gave his life to save Chris. If you knew anything about Capcom you would know they have a thing for killing off new characters in their game series. Piers is gone and isn't coming back, but think what you want.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
And if you knew anything about Capcom, you would realise that no one-off character on the hero side (except Steve) has ever died yet. Some of them never appear again, but they never die. Also, if you had consciously read what I wrote in my other posts before, you would have noticed that I'm not comparing Piers only to "staple series characters", and that Wesker was not that kind of character anyway when he "died" for the first time.
But I'm not going to sit here and listen to someone "sighing" at my comments and basically questioning my ability to think clearly. This discussion (with you, at least) is over for me.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I don't think anyone really knows how Capcom work - if they want to bring a character back, they'll find a way around it. Nobody can say with certainty that any character is dead. Capcom have 'killed off' characters only for them to return before. If they really wanted to, they could very easily bring every character that has died back to life. There have been numerous times when they have done this, so you can't put it past them to do it again.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
He was an ok character... No background story, no nothing, he was just getting angry at Chris about stuff...

I'd prefer Helena to be back but let's be honest, Capcom never uses those secondary characters never again...
And what's up with Resident Evil fans wanting to bring people back from their tombs?
He was in a underground water facility that exploded. NOPE. He's not alive.

after i had done my first play through and finishing Leon's campain (being Helena all the way through the chapters), Helena became a favourite of mine, but seeing that *SPOILER* Highlight to read after Helena is now an official member of The Organization that Leon works for, i think we will see her again....that is if they decide to follow up on Leon.

TomVinPrice

Mercenary
Even if he is still alive, he's not human anymore. He would have mutated into some monster. The vaccine wouldn't save him either because it's known to kill those already infected.

Piers is most likely dead, or a mutant monster. Either way he's basically gone.

Zomie0f3vil

I know that all of these posts are old but it doesn't just seem right to kill off someone like that. They should have a different video when you play as Piers that way you'll get to see what happened to him.

Last edited:

Albert-Whisker

My corrupted Legacy
I know that all of these posts are old but it doesn't just seem right to kill off someone like that. They should have a different video when you play as Piers that way you'll get to see what happened to him.
I think that would be interesting to see.

Though I was sad to see him die, I don't think they should bring him back. He wouldn't be human and that would only upset me more. Knowing that he gave his life for Chris is a death I can be okay with.

Zomie0f3vil

They should bring him back, I mean I think he is still alive, like others said and what I thought, it never showed him actually die. Capcom could bring him back but not infected, I mean they can do anything with the character. Maybe the reason why they didn't show him actually die is because they might include him in something else. Umbrella might bring him back and do what they did to Jill. They are the people who made the virus, so they could probably fix him up. I don't care. I just want to know what happened to him after the explosion. If he's dead or alive. I hope he is alive. I just can't stand to know that a character from my favorite game series dies. It doesn't seem right to me. No matter who they kill off I will still feel the same. So I really hope Capcom will put him in another story with Chris that way he knows hes alive.

Last edited:

Zomie0f3vil

Tell me if ya'll agree or disagree about what I post..... don't leave looking back and forth until a reply. >:[ or :D if you did.

ricki the new guy

I really don't know why Capcom killed off such a good character like Piers.I mean Parker , Sheva , Helena , Sherry (not sure) did survive in the end so why not Piers?After all, he is also valuable to BSAA besides Chris.But one thing is for sure.If Capcom wanted him to be back, they would bring him back in one way or another. All we have to do is wish...

Top Bottom