• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 'll be back !!

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
piers_nivans_by_selenaru96-d5j3ugb.jpg

I'm disappointed that they decided to kill him off at the last second. Capcom could've started fresh and created a brand new arc with Piers. I love Chris, but seriously they should've went through with the retirement plan, or have him continue on in the BSAA as some kind of adviser. OR make another Chris/Piers game :D . I thought these two made a great team and it was nice to see Chris paired up with a dude.

To be honest, I wouldn't see why he couldn't come back. we didn't see him die like Wesker in RE5. Yes the facility exploded and all, but look at Simmons. He got bulldozed by a train, tossed in some kind of fire pit, eaten by zombies, and zapped by lightning (He was about to go through another transformation too by the way). I'm confused though.. Why did it take a lot to bring down Simmons, and not Carla? Anyway, I wouldn't want Piers to come back as some kind of mutated fish, but I do want him to return for RE7.
Could almost be like a Jack Krauser situation. Any thoughts?

PiersNivansRealHero

That's what I had said in another post. The audience didn't physically see him die so maybe there is hope for Piers. I don't really like Chris but he was able to survive because of Piers. At Edonia Chris knocked out and we are left to think that Piers got himself and Chris out of there after fighting the Napads. He would have surely made an excellent leader if Chris died at the end. Anyway, at the end, we see there is another escape pod that gets shot out before Haos follows Chris's escape pod. Piers Nivans is ALIVE!!!!:)

Reactions: Hel

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Piers was a great soldier. But to think he somehow survived in the condition he sustained while in a sinking, destroying underwater base is a lost cause. Capcom killed off a good character that we won't be seeing again.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Jay, don't forget that he was infected with a virus that regenerates lost limbs and probably heals other injuries as well. And that's only its basic ability; since Carla didn't have time to elaborate on the nature of the enhanced C-virus in her suitcase, we don't know what other features Piers might have injected himself with. Maybe he can breathe underwater? It wouldn't even be that far-fetched, considering that the creature he and Chris fought was basically some kind of jellyfish.

Wesker survived being impaled by the tyrant because of the preparations he had made, Ada survived being beaten up by Mister X without any virus at all, Jill fell down twenty stories with Wesker and doesn't even have a scar, Parker fell into a fire pit and is still breathing, so why not Piers too? Especially if there really is another escape pod leaving the facility after Haos' death. (Which I'm not completely sure about; I haven't noticed that myself.)

All in all, Piers might be deformed and ugly as hell at first if he ever comes back, but look at how Monster Steve transformed back into the boy he was before in Code Veronica, so pretty much anything is possible. And I think if Capcom had really wanted us to clearly and absolutely know that Piers is dead and will never come back, they wouldn't have made his "end" so ambiguous.

By the way, I AM LEGEND, did you make that wallpaper yourself? It's really beautiful.

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
Jay, don't forget that he was infected with a virus that regenerates lost limbs and probably heals other injuries as well. And that's only its basic ability; since Carla didn't have time to elaborate on the nature of the enhanced C-virus in her suitcase, we don't know what other features Piers might have injected himself with. Maybe he can breathe underwater? It wouldn't even be that far-fetched, considering that the creature he and Chris fought was basically some kind of jellyfish.

Wesker survived being impaled by the tyrant because of the preparations he had made, Ada survived being beaten up by Mister X without any virus at all, Jill fell down twenty stories with Wesker and doesn't even have a scar, Parker fell into a fire pit and is still breathing, so why not Piers too? Especially if there really is another escape pod leaving the facility after Haos' death. (Which I'm not completely sure about; I haven't noticed that myself.)

All in all, Piers might be deformed and ugly as hell at first if he ever comes back, but look at how Monster Steve transformed back into the boy he was before in Code Veronica, so pretty much anything is possible. And I think if Capcom had really wanted us to clearly and absolutely know that Piers is dead and will never come back, they wouldn't have made his "end" so ambiguous.

By the way, I AM LEGEND, did you make that wallpaper yourself? It's really beautiful.

thx but I didn't .. I took it from another site. :)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I didn't want Piers to die either, I thought he was a really great character. The thing is though, I actually think he is dead. It's a fair point that the virus could have regenerated him, but that underwater facility would have crushed him when it was destroyed. All that debris falling on top of him... I don't think he stood a chance... :(

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
that underwater facility would have crushed him when it was destroyed. All that debris falling on top of him...

What if he turned into a cocoon and floated up to the surface? Those cocoons are nearly indestructible, and it would keep him from drowning too.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent

(Jill obviously got injured when she took down Albert Wesker with her)

there is a file on RE5 saying that (Albert) Wesker took care of the injuries Jill had taken on the fall she took (when she took down Wesker with her)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
He was infected with a strong virus gene which bypasses the cocoon phase.
That's why Carla, and simmons didn't cocoon.

I would find it a bit hard to believe that 7 main characters in a story like this and they all survive.
It sucks that piers died when I just started to like him but I think it would be a bit too far fetched if he did survive

Flipqy42

Nevermore
You're absolutely right! At least one of them should die. Kill off Leon and I won't argue. :p

There has to be certain situations where it would be acceptable to kill off characters like Leon and Chris. Leon would have to die in the presence of either Ada, Claire, Sherry or all three to make it the most dramatic. For Chris, it would have to be in the presence of either Jill or Claire or both, for it to be the most dramatic. Since Piers was just introduced, and only had friendly interactions with Chris, and possibly Sherry if they get on the elevator together, it was acceptable for Piers to die in the presence of his close friend (or lover if you prefer)

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
He was an ok character... No background story, no nothing, he was just getting angry at Chris about stuff...

I'd prefer Helena to be back but let's be honest, Capcom never uses those secondary characters never again...
And what's up with Resident Evil fans wanting to bring people back from their tombs?
He was in a underground water facility that exploded. NOPE. He's not alive.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
And what's up with Resident Evil fans wanting to bring people back from their tombs?

Resident Evil is more or less about bringing people back from their tombs, sometimes even quite literally, and if this is actually the first time you ever run into fans requesting that, well, good luck with the more aggressive fanboys and -girls. :confused:

He was in a underground water facility that exploded. NOPE. He's not alive.

Wesker was impaled and left behind in an underground laboratory that exploded. YEP. He's alive. (Or at least he was until he got to suck on Chris's rocket.)
Ada was pummeled by a BOW twice her size and left behind in another underground laboratory that exploded. YEP. She's alive.
Parker fell into a fire pit in a ship that exploded. YEP. He's alive.
Didn't Quint and Keith also end up in a facility that exploded? Yet they're still around.
Piers was in an underground facility that exploded. Considering everything that happened before, is it still so unbelievable that he might be alive? Because if there's anything less likely to kill people in the RE universe than explosions, it must be save rooms.

If it sounds unrealistic, think about how many deadly situations Leon and Helena survived in the course of the story while everybody else around them always bit the dust, be it civilians, BSAA soldiers or whatever other poor soul had the misfortune to meet the two angels of death. That's much more unrealistic than Piers using his remaining strength to get into an escape pot, turning into a cocoon and floating up to the surface, being saved by a mermaid, or all the other theories out there. Yet it did happen.

I'm not trying to talk you out of your opinion - if you think he's dead, that's fine, maybe he is - but this is basically the answer to your question. As long as we have no proof, we still have hope. :)

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I think, as well as Hel's comment, people are free to theorise. Nobody actually knows what Capcom is planning, and they can do what they want in terms of storyline. They could find a way around bringing probably every character that died back to life. Nobody can say with certainty that any character is dead, because, as Hel mentioned, Capcom have resurrected characters so many times before. Nothing is definitive in gaming. So it's not so far-fetched for people to think of possible ways around matters like this. As I said before, everyone is free speculate and everyone has their own different take on things.

Jay

K.I.N.G.

Yeah true, but that's Wesker you're talking about. Of course he would come back because he had a much bigger role in the series. Piers is good as dead and if somehow he isn't I doubt Capcom would bring him back again. He played a good role and died as a hero.

ElleChii

Ladyluck means nothing.
I keep thinking of something, Krauser pretended to be dead didn't he? no one acctually see him die untill RE4.. where he died twice.. we didn't acctually see Piers die.. , because there's no way anyone can survivre that, but when you think about it, Piers got mutated, I probably sound stupid...but i really liked Piers... i also can't get that off my mind xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah true, but that's Wesker you're talking about.

Sure, it's Wesker I'm talking about, but now we're looking at it in retrospect. By the time you are referring to, he was nothing but "another villain". He didn't even have red eyes by that time. I doubt that the original developers of Resident Evil were already planning to bring him back, and I never even thought of it after finishing the game for the first time.

Imagine he would have stayed dead and Irons would have returned instead. No one would be talking about Wesker anymore.
Imagine a Resident Evil 10 that features Piers (who is a well-established main character by then) and a new partner who dies at the end. Someone will claim: "He'll be back! After all, Piers came back too, didn't he?" And someone else will answer: "Yeah, but it's Piers we're talking about." You get my point? As Jenevieva said, we don't know what the developers are planning for those characters (and I'm even sure they don't really know it themselves, otherwise they wouldn't have to do so many remakes to set things right).

I probably sound stupid...but i really liked Piers... i also can't get that off my mind xD

Then let us sound stupid together, because I can't handle bad endings for good characters either. Actually I don't really care if we ever get to play Piers again, if only I know he's alive and well. (I would still appreciate it, though.)

Top Bottom