• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Killing the chainsaw dude...

Al74

How do I kill the chainsaw dude...I think it's chapter 2:1?

I've shot him and lobbed grenades at him, blew up the oil drums next to him but not much has happened except me getting slaughtered.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Use the handgun. Shoot him 2 shots in the head then he will stun and that's when you run towards him and use "HOOK" reapet this and eventually he'll go down.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
If you have the S75 Sniper Rifle go back to the beginig in the area where you first start at. Get all the way to the window and take pot shots at him. It should only take a few shots if you are playing on rookie. Or at least play online and find a partner.

Al74

Did it...I dunno if this is supposed to happen but I shot some electrical thing of a telegraph post and that electrocuted him and then I just shot him a bit...

I find the combat in this game really difficult...I am playing on normal but it's damn hard. Well, that's just mean I guess.

Hoady

Yeah when you first start off the game its usually pretty difficult the chainsaw guy is just ridiculous at first.Once you upgrade your guns you should fly through it easier some parts will most probably be a pain in the ass.Once i completed it i didn't want to play the game anymore i got bored pretty quick.

Kellyrose

Just stick with it. It could take a few minutes but don't give up. Shoot him in the eye, and when hes stunned run up and melee, that does a lot of damage. Shooting the barrels when hes next to them will also do a lot of damage.

And you can post all of your questions in one thread :)

Al74

Kellyrose: Ah...but new questions come at different times. ;-)

Hoady: I can't imagine playing this through again...maybe having a little dabble but not completing the thing. Personal choice, so I aren't gonna start a 'this game sucks' thread...but not so impressed with this. It looks nice, I like the setting and that but the combat / movement in the game is not my thing. shame really as I was really looking forward to this.

Hoady

Al74;59078 said:
Hoady: I can't imagine playing this through again...maybe having a little dabble but not completing the thing. Personal choice, so I aren't gonna start a 'this game sucks' thread...but not so impressed with this. It looks nice, I like the setting and that but the combat / movement in the game is not my thing. shame really as I was really looking forward to this.

Well when i first played it i hated it and didn't play it for a month or so.I got into it again and somewhat enjoyed it but i was pretty annoyed at some points were so difficult it was when i set it to normal.Most the game was just boring and the bosses were like all the same.The only parts i really liked were with wesker to be honest.

I will play Resident Evil 4 any day over this it just blows Resi 5 away.

Al74

This is my first RE game...I was hoping to pick up some more. But after this I don't think I would bother. Maybe it's just the playing style, I am used to pure FPS.

I need a gamepad and I am unwilling to invest in one of those just to play a game that I could be dissapointed with.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Al74;59044 said:

I've shot him and lobbed grenades at him, blew up the oil drums next to him but not much has happened except me getting slaughtered.
lol'd, u got CHAINSAW OWNED!!

Listen.. just shoot him in the face, smack him up abit when you can, if you really run out of bullets use the knife lol simples? Eliminate the threat.

hunterseeker

Al74;59044 said:

Use the shotgun(Ithaca M37) and keep pumping lead into him and don't let him move or get up.
And keep your distance or keep backing off, if hes getting close.

Easiest way to kill him. :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Al74;59192 said:
Wow...the 14 year olds got out of school.
Lol. I didnt realise what I had said seemed rude in anyway.. I mean I was trying to help out right?!
but fine.

I'm 14 and Yes, Ive just got home from school.

do you think your big and tough because you can insult someone on a forum lol.

If you wonna carry the insults on then feel free to add my MSN matey, we can carry on what evers going on here because I dont wonna get banned over you lol solidsnake656@hotmail.com

and even better if your from London why dont we just meet up so you can say that to my face lol. see what happens next?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Okay I know I said I was but I'm not 14.
I geuss some of you new comers dont know me like the other people on the site do.

xD

Requiem

I let him chase me around, blew up the oil drums, dropped the transformer on him, and just kept pumping him full of led, I don't think I melee him a single time, I didn't want to get to close.

Snake44

I thought you had to be 18 year or older to play RE. (sarcastic, i also wasnt 18 when i played my first RE-game ) Thats wat Chris-BSAA said

Im only 9 and i have it im nerly finished:D

APreachyLemming

This is what I did and I thought it was really easy, nere the stairs there is a generator shoot that down. When you walk up the stairs you gunna wanna run down past the generator turn around and shoot it while he walks past. Then sprint all the way down to the wall and shoot the 2 barrels as he walks past, then sprint around the house which should be to your right, back past the generator up the stairs turn around shoot it and unload grenades on him!

Top Bottom