• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Just had to post my feelings........

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
with Resident Evil 7, they could also do the Resident Evil 2 route.....in terms of game-play wise, like being able to choose which senario to play (like in Resident Evil 2, you could choose between Leon's or Claire's senario) or something like this?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. You could have 4 campaigns like RE2. Have it so you can choose either Character 1 scenario A leading onto Character 2 scenario B, or vice versa. That way there's only 2 stories but 4 campaigns to play.

bruno

Chief Researcher
That wouldn't be a bad idea. You could have 4 campaigns like RE2. Have it so you can choose either Character 1 scenario A leading onto Character 2 scenario B, or vice versa. That way there's only 2 stories but 4 campaigns to play.

Yeah, but that would be frustrating because you wouldn't know what really happened. That's the only thing I hate in RE1 and 2 (especially in RE1). However, if the Scenarios A and B took place in different times and both characters could have both scenarios canonly, then it's a good idea.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
It would be a good idea to just have 1 or 2 campaigns cause then they can actually put a lot of work into it and make it good and different, if they make 4 five hour campaigns like in RE6 again then they'll end up just making them the crappy linear, scripted, bad action packed, QTE filled travesties that you can just sprint through like RE6. RE7 needs to have a lot of work put into it for something different. I would be happy as ever if they made another Revelations for consoles or even another game like RE4, those games were full of exploration and fun for me.

TheVacantThrone

It would be a good idea to just have 1 or 2 campaigns cause then they can actually put a lot of work into it and make it good and different, if they make 4 five hour campaigns like in RE6 again then they'll end up just making them the crappy linear, scripted, bad action packed, QTE filled travesties that you can just sprint through like RE6. RE7 needs to have a lot of work put into it for something different. I would be happy as ever if they made another Revelations for consoles or even another game like RE4, those games were full of exploration and fun for me.

Once again haha, i disagree that RE6 is even remotely 'crappy linear, scripted, bad action packed, QTE filled travesties' although i'll admit you can run through them pretty easily, but you can in every RE game.

willowsby

this is why i refuse to sign the petition for a Resident Evil 2 remake, the original title (that being Resident Evil 2) is good for what it is and was and i feel remaking it will just ruin it, based on how the current series is like....don't fix it, if it's not broken :cool:
I agree with you, there are too many retelling story around RE 2, well since Capcom now already become Ca$hcom, I think maybe they will make it if many fans support it, especially since RE 2 have the most popular characters in there.

Rather than RE-2 remake, why not make REV 2? or even give free DLC to add some details in RE 6 (IMO)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Once again haha, i disagree that RE6 is even remotely 'crappy linear, scripted, bad action packed, QTE filled travesties' although i'll admit you can run through them pretty easily, but you can in every RE game.
The game is every one of those things, you can't go back through a door you came through so you can't explore the game(of course there is nothing to explore), there's also no exploration in the main game, it's full of hallways, set piece hallways and hallways that collapse, explode and shoot at you, the action is no fun at all and there is a QTE basically every 10-20 seconds in between shooting segments. In the past RE games you could speed run yes, but it involved back tracking, completing puzzles, finding items and what not. In RE6, you can sprint straight through the entire game without doing anything else except killing the bosses and putting up with the damn QTEs. If RE7 is like that it's reception will be even worse, but I don't think I have to worry about RE7 sucking as much as RE6 because even Capcom knows RE6 sucks due to them admitting it and also lowering their expectations from 7 million to 6 million copies sold. RE7 will hopefully be done right.

I'm on board for the RE2 remake but only if it's done exactly like the REmake 1, if they are planning anything else then they need to stop. The REmake 2 has the attention of a lot of fans because RE2 is the pinnacle of the franchise and it's basically Capcoms last chance at redemption, if they remake it exactly how we've been wanting it done, then Capcom will be applauded by the entire fanbase and forgiven for a lot of their screw ups. However if they f**k it up and make it like modern REs then they will be booed until our throats are sore, they will never be forgiven and they will be hated forever.

USS-Vector

It's not that bad as you felt. At least the plot is really good. And I think Chris and Jake's chapters are better. Much better than RE5

svp

RE6 is done and done, call it a 10/10 or a 0/10 all you want, but it's officially one of the worst rated games in Resident Evil history and it's gonna be remembered that way forever and there is nothing you can do about it so just get over it and move on.

Now Survival Horror is the only way that RE is gonna become the critically acclaimed franchise it used to be, continuing in this over the top action direction is gonna get the franchise panned and booed even more and 2012 proved that perfectly.
2012 saw the release of 3 different Resident Evil games:
-Survival Horror (Revelations)
-Team Based Action Shooter (Operation Raccoon City)
-Action/QTE Shooter (RE6)
Of those 3 games, 1 was nearly critically acclaimed and both sides of the fanbase were very happy with it, while the other 2 games were nearly critically panned and are hated by many gamers and fans.
However all 3 of them sold well, so money is no longer an issue, whatever way the direction goes it will sell just fine, now it's just a matter of restoring it's hurt reputation. That is where the REmake 2 comes into play.
exactly i feel like its just like Blockbuster movies today! stupid people go to the movies to see the same damn thing!! same explosions, same fighting moves, same concepts, same good guy taking on bad guy story line. only difference is that the characters and location change. I'm sick of Hollywood directors/ game developers getting away with creating movies and games that have the same depth as a card board cut out! the entertainment industry is one inevitable cliche. :mad: thats why I like Game of Thrones better .

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
Im getting ****ed off with people dismissing the 4th, 5th and 6th games because (and people can deny it as much as they want but this is the main reason) it doesn't have fixed camera angles. Yes I love the older games and I would love to have at least 1 more game made like that but it doesnt work now. Try playing code veronica with an xbox controller. **** is impossible. Yeah 4 and 5 have very little atmosphere (in my eyes anyway) but that doesn't stop them being such good games and resident evil 6? I actually thought it was a ****ing brilliant game. 4 games in one, yeah not all of them have alot of atmosphere but that doesnt stop it being an amazing game. QUIT YO BITCHIN BITCHES! :L If they are so **** stop playing then. haha

TheVacantThrone

Im getting ****ed off with people dismissing the 4th, 5th and 6th games because (and people can deny it as much as they want but this is the main reason) it doesn't have fixed camera angles. Yes I love the older games and I would love to have at least 1 more game made like that but it doesnt work now. Try playing code veronica with an xbox controller. **** is impossible. Yeah 4 and 5 have very little atmosphere (in my eyes anyway) but that doesn't stop them being such good games and resident evil 6? I actually thought it was a ******* brilliant game. 4 games in one, yeah not all of them have alot of atmosphere but that doesnt stop it being an amazing game. QUIT YO BITCHIN BITCHES! :L If they are so **** stop playing then. haha

Amen!

Frenchman

The game is every one of those things, you can't go back through a door you came through so you can't explore the game(of course there is nothing to explore), there's also no exploration in the main game, it's full of hallways, set piece hallways and hallways that collapse, explode and shoot at you, the action is no fun at all and there is a QTE basically every 10-20 seconds in between shooting segments. In the past RE games you could speed run yes, but it involved back tracking, completing puzzles, finding items and what not. In RE6, you can sprint straight through the entire game without doing anything else except killing the bosses and putting up with the damn QTEs.

I agree with that. This is what I was saying in my introduction topic. Glad to see I'm not the only one to be disappointed by the evolution of the RE games.
For me the 1, 2 and 3 were the best, the 4th was very good for the ambiance although the game style changed (as many said in this topic, it's a kind of mix).
I'm especially disappointed for the puzzles, they nearly disappeared, and if you find one, it is very simple (like the statues puzzle in the cathedral in Leon's scenario).

Top Bottom