• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Just had to post my feelings........

Martin GM

This game is so much **** its not even fun to see what theyve turned one of my most favorite game serie into. Ive rented RE6 on PS3 yesterday and I dont even have to will to get through that f******** mess that the Leon campaign is and people say its the best of the 4 LOL. RE6 is a ****ing disgrace to what resident evil used to be. ONLY good point is that the zombies and the game LOOK awesome. The gameplay on the other hand is utter ****ing repetitive,clunky and boring ****ing mindless shooting and NOTHING close to the masterpiece that the older titles used to be. I just went through RE 0 to Code veronica X on PS3 and ffs when I jumped to the 4th I couldnt help but feel disgusted and stop playing it. This franchise died on the 4th. Capcom ruined one of the greatest and atmospheric game ever. GJ. now a HD remake of the 2nd and 3rd please before I completely lose faith in gaming.

I know I may sound like a kid whining, but I LOVE video games..I LOVE resident evil and Ive been gaming for 24 years and never Ive seen games degenerate that fast..these so called games should be now called a 'Interactive Linear Movie' cause thats what that BS is. I hope capcom reads this.

Reactions: svp

Darkness

Infected
I agree that RE6 is a bit disappointing compared to previous titles, but completely disagree about when the series went wrong. You say the 4th game was when it died, but i think the 4th was actually the epitome. I see it as kind of a bell curve that rose, peaked at the 4th, and then dropped back down over 5 and 6. The fourth game was so orgasmic that it was probably the greatest game i've ever played of any series. The uniqueness of the weapons, and RPG style of character upgrading/development was just superb. I loved the puzzles, the searching of room in the castle to find pieces of insignias, and the most iconic gaming moment i will ever remember, the first entrance of Dr. Salvador! He didn't even look that different from the other Ganados, all he had was a chainsaw and a potato sack on his head, but for some reason, that spelled out "you're ****ed" to me better than Simmon's T-Rex form ever could. :D

Anyway I don't think capcom will actually read any of this. :cool:

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think RE6 was way better than RE4 or RE5.
I agree that the series could have been more foccused on the horror, but the producers decided it would be better (= more profitable) to turn into action, and I think this is a natural evolution to the series. First, we see our characters' abilities to survive small outbreaks, and then we see them using those abilities to fight against terrorism.
However, Capcom still tries to bring the horror back in some ways. Revelations, Ada's RE6 campaign and the possible remake of RE2 mean Capcom still listens to the fans of the older games.
I actually think Capcom and other companies alike want to have our feedback, and this community is one of the first results in a google search, so they probably read some of the threads.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Every reason you give for loving the fourth game has absolutely nothing to do with survival horror. That's why the series died with RE4 because that was the end of the atmosphere, of the tight, enclosed spaces and the beginning of action.

Sean

Wasnt there a whole thread for complaining about RE6? Shouldnt this be there? Yeah the games have changed, but so what? Gaming has changed Ive played every game in the series except for Survivor (which is on its way to my house as i type this) Survivor 2, and Gaiden(also on its way) And I love every single one of them. Im glad the games are evolving, I for one dont want the games to become the same repetitive stuff (not saying it would) and I think Capcom has gone the right direction for this series. RE6 is quickly becoming one of my favorite games in the series. My point is here, resident evil as a whole throughout all games is a wonderful franchise, and if you only like certain games, stick to those games. And you are very correct you do sound like a little kid b****ing, so put it in the complaint thread, or return the game and go back to playing o-3 okay?

Darkness

Infected
and this community is one of the first results in a google search, so they probably read some of the threads.

True that, that's how i wound up here :p

Every reason you give for loving the fourth game has absolutely nothing to do with survival horror. That's why the series died with RE4 because that was the end of the atmosphere, of the tight, enclosed spaces and the beginning of action.

Absolutely nothing? I think the last thing i mentioned pretty much spelled out the definition of survival horror. When i heard Salvador rev up his chainsaw and saw him coming through the little peep-hole in the door, i was horrified that I would not survive this encounter. So i panicked and barricaded the doors and windows as fast as i could before looking for a way out upstairs.

But in case that doesn't cut it, i'll name a few more.

The part where you're stuck in a house with Luis Sera, and have to fend up Ganados that are breaking in from all directions through the windows. This i think was also a great form of survival horror. It was like a feeling of claustrophobia, being outnumbered, and a last-stand kind of thing all rolled in one.

Next, the regenerators/iron maidens. First of all, just the look of these things will make you crap yourself. That is horror if i ever knew what horror was. They twich when they walk and make that creepy-ass gasping noise. Furthermore, if you didn't know how to kill them, you felt like everything you did was futile, that there was no hope except for a panicked escape, which was often blocked by dumpsters that you had to push out of the way as fast as you could, while you knew that death was inching closer towards you each second.

The dogs in the castle's grass maze. Salazar gives you a clue they are there by telling you he's sending his pets after you, but you're left to wonder what they are, until they actually come for you. All your hairs stand on end as you hear the rushing of paws on the ground but don't know which of the winding, small, tight, enclosed spaces, (you see what I did there), that they were going to jump out of at you.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
For me, when I played the game, most of these instances - I didn't get to all of them, mind you, couldn't bear to finish the game :rolleyes: - seemed like really tough action sequences. Maybe I'm just harder to please than most. *shrugs*

Darkness

Infected
Oh well, you can please all the people all the time, but some of the time, you can only please like 77% of them, and other times you can only please like 13%. With great power comes a bunch of other stuff too.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I respectfully disagree. Change is an inevitability, and thus I don't think that it should be a legitimate reason to hate a game. Certainly they've gone far from RE roots, but at this point, I think it's warranted. It's this change that has allowed them to explore new concepts in the story, and also allowed them to portray (in gameplay) epic battles against creatures and monsters.

Not to mention you really cannot generalize that RE is completely action now. Revelations was a very scary survival-horror experience, and that game only came out earlier this year. And with the growing demand for a RE2 Remake, it can be assumed that there's still plenty of survival horror to come.

The way I see it: the big blockbuster titles of this series have moved on to a more modern genre, but survival horror in Resident Evil is far from being dead. . .

Darkness

Infected
you know what would REALLY be awesome? If they remade the older games but with the newer 3rd person POV and controls. I'd pay good money for that.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Wasnt there a whole thread for complaining about RE6? Shouldnt this be there? Yeah the games have changed, but so what? Gaming has changed Ive played every game in the series except for Survivor (which is on its way to my house as i type this) Survivor 2, and Gaiden(also on its way) And I love every single one of them. Im glad the games are evolving, I for one dont want the games to become the same repetitive stuff (not saying it would) and I think Capcom has gone the right direction for this series. RE6 is quickly becoming one of my favorite games in the series. My point is here, resident evil as a whole throughout all games is a wonderful franchise, and if you only like certain games, stick to those games. And you are very correct you do sound like a little kid b****ing, so put it in the complaint thread, or return the game and go back to playing o-3 okay?

This. Exactly this.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Oh well, you can please all the people all the time, but some of the time, you can only please like 77% of them, and other times you can only please like 13%. With great power comes a bunch of other stuff too.

Yep... That's exactly what they're doing - trying to please more people. By turning it into an action game, they're making it more similar to the most sold games in this era. This will attract the people who bought those games to the RE series.
Those people brought in by the change in the series probably represents a higher percentage in sales than all the RE fans.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
True that, that's how i wound up here :p

Absolutely nothing? I think the last thing i mentioned pretty much spelled out the definition of survival horror. When i heard Salvador rev up his chainsaw and saw him coming through the little peep-hole in the door, i was horrified that I would not survive this encounter. So i panicked and barricaded the doors and windows as fast as i could before looking for a way out upstairs.

But in case that doesn't cut it, i'll name a few more.

The part where you're stuck in a house with Luis Sera, and have to fend up Ganados that are breaking in from all directions through the windows. This i think was also a great form of survival horror. It was like a feeling of claustrophobia, being outnumbered, and a last-stand kind of thing all rolled in one.

Next, the regenerators/iron maidens. First of all, just the look of these things will make you crap yourself. That is horror if i ever knew what horror was. They twich when they walk and make that creepy-ass gasping noise. Furthermore, if you didn't know how to kill them, you felt like everything you did was futile, that there was no hope except for a panicked escape, which was often blocked by dumpsters that you had to push out of the way as fast as you could, while you knew that death was inching closer towards you each second.

The dogs in the castle's grass maze. Salazar gives you a clue they are there by telling you he's sending his pets after you, but you're left to wonder what they are, until they actually come for you. All your hairs stand on end as you hear the rushing of paws on the ground but don't know which of the winding, small, tight, enclosed spaces, (you see what I did there), that they were going to jump out of at you.
Exactly Darky...RE4 was a perfect blend of horror and action, and as right up there with REmake and RE6 as one of the greatest RE games out there...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
RE6 is done and done, call it a 10/10 or a 0/10 all you want, but it's officially one of the worst rated games in Resident Evil history and it's gonna be remembered that way forever and there is nothing you can do about it so just get over it and move on.

Now Survival Horror is the only way that RE is gonna become the critically acclaimed franchise it used to be, continuing in this over the top action direction is gonna get the franchise panned and booed even more and 2012 proved that perfectly.
2012 saw the release of 3 different Resident Evil games:
-Survival Horror (Revelations)
-Team Based Action Shooter (Operation Raccoon City)
-Action/QTE Shooter (RE6)
Of those 3 games, 1 was nearly critically acclaimed and both sides of the fanbase were very happy with it, while the other 2 games were nearly critically panned and are hated by many gamers and fans.
However all 3 of them sold well, so money is no longer an issue, whatever way the direction goes it will sell just fine, now it's just a matter of restoring it's hurt reputation. That is where the REmake 2 comes into play.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
RE6 is done and done, call it a 10/10 or a 0/10 all you want, but it's officially one of the worst rated games in Resident Evil history and it's gonna be remembered that way forever and there is nothing you can do about it so just get over it and move on.

Now Survival Horror is the only way that RE is gonna become the critically acclaimed franchise it used to be, continuing in this over the top action direction is gonna get the franchise panned and booed even more and 2012 proved that perfectly.
2012 saw the release of 3 different Resident Evil games:
-Survival Horror (Revelations)
-Team Based Action Shooter (Operation Raccoon City)
-Action/QTE Shooter (RE6)
Of those 3 games, 1 was nearly critically acclaimed and both sides of the fanbase were very happy with it, while the other 2 games were nearly critically panned and are hated by many gamers and fans.
However all 3 of them sold well, so money is no longer an issue, whatever way the direction goes it will sell just fine, now it's just a matter of restoring it's hurt reputation. That is where the REmake 2 comes into play.

this is why i refuse to sign the petition for a Resident Evil 2 remake, the original title (that being Resident Evil 2) is good for what it is and was and i feel remaking it will just ruin it, based on how the current series is like....don't fix it, if it's not broken :cool:

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
this is why i refuse to sign the petition for a Resident Evil 2 remake, the original title (that being Resident Evil 2) is good for what it is and was and i feel remaking it will just ruin it, based on how the current series is like....don't fix it, if it's not broken :cool:

Having said that, look at RE1, a clear masterpiece, then look at the remake, superior in most ways. I'm all for a RE2 remake.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
sure it is nice to have (*takes a deep breath*) nice "smooth?" HD quality graphics. but i still would stand my ground of saying, that the final product of Resident Evil 2 is and was still good for what it is :cool:

bruno

Chief Researcher
sure it is nice to have (*takes a deep breath*) nice "smooth?" HD quality graphics. but i still would stand my ground of saying, that the final product of Resident Evil 2 is and was still good for what it is :cool:
I agree with you. Remaking games over and over is not the way to go... RE has been stuck in Raccoon City and retelling the stories for too long. If you want RE2 in good graphics play the Chronicles. If you want RE2 for the gameplay, play RE2.
The Remake of RE1 was used to correct the story and add some detail. However, I don't think how RE2 could need corrections or added events. If anything, they should remake RE3, which has a lot of unrealistic time spans and events.

RE7 should be close to the RE6 style, but with only 2 campaigns (or a 3rd as extra, like Ada's in RE6). However, one should be horror-focused and similar to Revelations, and the other more action-focused and Similar to Jake's campaign in RE6.
Eventually, two separate games could be released, so the campaigns were longer and more independant - I think They want to release a game for Wii U, continuing the story of Revelations.

Perhaps, have a new character (a civillian, with no military training) in the horror game, and Jake with a partner (not Sherry please) in the action game.

In RE6, all the campaigns had mixed action and horror, and people would prefer to play just action or just horror.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
with Resident Evil 7, they could also do the Resident Evil 2 route.....in terms of game-play wise, like being able to choose which senario to play (like in Resident Evil 2, you could choose between Leon's or Claire's senario) or something like this?

Top Bottom