• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Just got the game

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Hello I just started playing RE3 this morning.
So far I'm liking it I hate how nemesis it taking the magnum like a handgun but over all its nice and scary the maps pretty big a lot of back tracking... just how it should be.
I have not played a scary RE in years so its pretty fun for me.
I was wondering is there any tips on fighting the nemesis outside the police station cause the magnums doing nothing to him

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I don't mean to make out your stupid but are you sure your using the magnum, I've completed the game countless times on the hardest difficulty and when you have finally unlocked the magnum for the first encounter he still goes down really quickly.. Get some distance, shoot twice, and as he charges run diagonally and shoot twice more, repeat a couple of times and he drops.
What difficulty are you playing on, unless your on I think very easy then you shouldn't have magnum yet. And is it on console or emulator?

sbr999

Hello I just started playing RE3 this morning.
So far I'm liking it I hate how nemesis it taking the magnum like a handgun but over all its nice and scary the maps pretty big a lot of back tracking... just how it should be.
I have not played a scary RE in years so its pretty fun for me.
I was wondering is there any tips on fighting the nemesis outside the police station cause the magnums doing nothing to him
Are you playing on hard or easy?
If you are playing on hard, then it's worth to kill Nemesis because each time he dies, he drops a suitcase
(suitcase 1-2:custom handgun part A-B, suitcase 3: first aid spray pack, suitcase 4-5: custom shotgun part A-B, suitcase 6: first aid spray pack, suitcase 7:infinite ammo for one gun of your choice)

If you're playing on easy, then it's recommended to avoid fighting with Nemesis, because there's no reward at all.

When you first meet Nemesis, be sure to check Brad's corpse for his S.T.A.R.S. card, that saves you about 10-15 minutes at the police station. If you don't check for his card, then you have to find Jill's card.

Tips:
dodge:
-if you're using a handgun make sure you fire 1-2 times only, then keep holding the aim button, and when Nemesis is about to grab you, press the the run button at the same time. There's of couse better way to dodge, but this seemed to work for me 80% of the time.
He Nemesis is left handed: that means he always tries to grab you with his left hand, and uses his right hand to impale you. So if you try to run past him, then always run at his right hand-side.
Nemesis always walks if you are like 1-2 meters away, but always runs when you are farther.

guns/ammution:
ammunition need to drop Nemesis (un-mutated version) for the first time/ after he gets up:
handgun bullets: 20-25/15-20
shotgun shells: 10-12/7-10
magnum bullets: 6-7/6-7
ice/acid rounds: 5-6/5-6
It's recommended to fight him only on hard mode, and only when you have either a magnum and/or a grenade launcher.
Unless you have some crazy knifing/dodging skills

glitch exploit:
-There's glitch spot at the police station, which makes Nemesis stuck. When you encounter Nemesis for the 2nd time, lure him to the room where Marvin's body is. There's a furniture, that Nemesis can't get past. Some times he can 'free himself' though. Then all you need is to run around the table, make sure Nemesis run after you, then you go to the glitch spot again.
-2nd glitch spot is the door where Jill first needs the lockpick. If you lure Nemesis there, he's usually stuck in the wall. Some times he can 'free himself' like at the police station.

P.S: Sorry for the wall of text and possible grammar mistakes! :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
glitch exploit:
-There's glitch spot at the police station, which makes Nemesis stuck. When you encounter Nemesis for the 2nd time, lure him to the room where Marvin's body is. There's a furniture, that Nemesis can't get past. Some times he can 'free himself' though. Then all you need is to run around the table, make sure Nemesis run after you, then you go to the glitch spot again.
-2nd glitch spot is the door where Jill first needs the lockpick. If you lure Nemesis there, he's usually stuck in the wall. Some times he can 'free himself' like at the police station.

P.S: Sorry for the wall of text and possible grammar mistakes! :p

If he's playing it on a PSP, isn't possible these glitches were cleaned up?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
thanks for your help guys I am playing on easy so I think I'll wait till I go back through it on hard

J.Valentine

I'm playing RE3 everyday! :D
7 or 8 shoot from Magnum is enough to kill him :)
Note: it make more damages if you shoot him at his head!

Good luck to you.

Top Bottom