• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Just beat RE: Revelations......

Nemesis Type-2

And I've gotta say that I personally LOVED it. Definitely better than RE6(which I liked as well). It felt VERY much like an old school Resident Evil experience. :D

ManOfSteel248

Man of Tomorrow
I love the game myself. I remember the first time playing on my 3DS it was like 1 in the morning and I had my headphones on. Hearing "MAAAAAYDAAAAY" made me smile, it felt like a horror game again.

Nemesis Type-2

Yeah, that was definitely one of my favorite parts. Even the file you find after you beat him had that classic RE style to it.

weskerondope

i dont see anything old school about revelations
no zombies, no typewriters, no pre rendered backgrounds, no fixed cameras
there was only some mild references to the older games
but yeah it was fun to play the first time, second time was boring like crap for me
and it sure was scary in some parts

but the thing that bothered me the most with revelations was the trailer
i dont know if anyone here remembers the trailer where jill and chris points guns to echother
and there was that strange guy tied in that chair
i guess capcom forgot to tell us that it was a beta version or something like that
that trailer made me more curious than i ever was of a resident evil game since i played re1 for the first time
at least when it comes to storyline

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I agree. I would have loved to have seen how the game from the original trailer would have panned out. Although I did enjoy Revelations.

weskerondope

yeah, i had to many questions after that trailer to leave them all unanswered
just look at the dialogue
"i allways manage to come through. not this time, i messed up"
(what the hell did you mess up chris?)
"do you have it?"
"maybe, youll have to kill me to find out"
(what does he have? and why does jill seem to be bothered by him having whatever he has?)
"it doesnt matter, becuase you are allready..."
(allready what? dead?)

and then i played the game only to find out it had
basicly the same storyline as all other resident evil games

Reactions: Jen

mark_nufc

I thought it was brilliant on 3DS, especially when your playing alone with the lights off! I thought it was ok on xbox. Better than 6 or ORC.

Sfamicom

And I've gotta say that I personally LOVED it. Definitely better than RE6(which I liked as well). It felt VERY much like an old school Resident Evil experience. :D

Yeah man, definitely better than 6. I actually finished it. 6 is still sitting on the shelf, and I've played through ALL of the big RE games. Currently playing 4 HD on PC.

SpectreSix

Jill's Valentine
I liked the fact that Revelations was portable. I could take it everywhere. I also liked the fact you could play as Jill. RE5's Mercenaries just didn't give me the dosage of the Valentine J that I wanted from a RE game. I would like to ask WTF is up with Jessica's scuba suit? Did... Did you just not want your leg covered, or what?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
As much as I liked Revelations, it was a bit hard for me not to see it as a last-stitch effort for Capcom to placate the remaining fans of Resident Evil before it catapulted over a shark tank with ORC and RE6. Almost like Revelations' development team saw how terrible those two were and wanted to give the fans one good RE that year.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I liked the fact that Revelations was portable. I could take it everywhere. I also liked the fact you could play as Jill. RE5's Mercenaries just didn't give me the dosage of the Valentine J that I wanted from a RE game. I would like to ask WTF is up with Jessica's scuba suit? Did... Did you just not want your leg covered, or what?
I swear, who in hell designed Jessica and her costumes? That wetsuit with one leg missing, her animu FBC uniform... Oh, and those bright purple stockings go so well with her earth toned winter gear.

weskerondope

but still revelations was only fun to play like 1 time
i finished resident evil 3 probably 20 times over the last 10 years
im not tired of that game yet

i finished revelations 1 time
i started to play one more round like a year later but stopped halfway through
cause i was so bored of it by then
can anyone say they played revelations more than 3 times and still think its a good game?
dont think so

Reactions: Hel

JillsPimp

The Armorer
Hell I bought it on Xbox360 and only have it half way complete. To me it seemed a little out there, with the scanning and this and that. I assume its a good setup on 3DS but on console... No...

Top Bottom