• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's face model vs Carlos's hair vs Nemesis nose/teeth..which "flaw" is tolerable/nontolerable to you

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So for you it make sense right now having Jill in resident evil 1 and 3 whit a different face and than having Julia voth in residet evil 5?
...What are you even talking about. Dude, RE3 was on PSone. She's not gonna look realistic. That's not part of the equation. REmake and RE5, on the other hand, are pretty damn realistic looking, and have the same face. So, when you have characters that look the same. REmake Jill and RE5 jill. And then throw ANOTHER new game in between them...R3make...And have the character model look TOTALLY different, it breaks immersion. It's that simple. You're overcomplicating this to an absurd degree.

D

Deleted member 21244

...What are you even talking about. Dude, RE3 was on PSone. She's not gonna look realistic. That's not part of the equation. REmake and RE5, on the other hand, are pretty damn realistic looking, and have the same face. So, when you have characters that look the same. REmake Jill and RE5 jill. And then throw ANOTHER new game in between them...R3make...And have the character model look TOTALLY different, it breaks immersion. It's that simple. You're overcomplicating this to an absurd degree.
I'm not overcomplicating I was just trying to understand XD because resident evil 1 have cutscene whit real actor and re 3 for ps1 had cgi cutscene and in this cutscene you didn't have Julia voth jill, but another actress in re 1 and another face in re 3, so if you are going to play the series in chronological order right now you will have differente face for Jill, I was just trying to understand how this those not brake immersione for you but having a differente actress for 3 remake does... How can resident evil 1 and 3 not be part of the equation if they are Canon?

images

RE3-IMG4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not overcomplicating I was just trying to understand XD because resident evil 1 have cutscene whit real actor and re 3 for ps1 had cgi cutscene and in this cutscene you didn't have Julia voth jill, but another actress in re 1 and another face in re 3, so if you are going to play the series in chronological order right now you will have differente face for Jill, I was just trying to understand how this those not brake immersione for you but having a differente actress for 3 remake does... How can resident evil 1 and 3 not be part of the equation if they are Canon?
Well, RE1 is out of the equation. RE1 isn't canon. REmake is canon. The one they did for the Gamecbue, that's been ported to oblivion. THAT is canonically Jill's first appearance. And every appearance SINCE then, has been based off of that face. RE5, Umbrella Chronicles, and Revelations have ALL used this model, with some small variations, because of graphical enhancements. So...We have all these canon games, that use the SAME character model, then we have this ONE that doesn't. R3make is breaking the trend of Jill looking the same. Which breaks in-universe continuity. That's what I'm saying. Hopefully that made it clear.

D

Deleted member 21244

Well, RE1 is out of the equation. RE1 isn't canon. REmake is canon. The one they did for the Gamecbue, that's been ported to oblivion. THAT is canonically Jill's first appearance. And every appearance SINCE then, has been based off of that face. RE5, Umbrella Chronicles, and Revelations have ALL used this model, with some small variations, because of graphical enhancements. So...We have all these canon games, that use the SAME character model, then we have this ONE that doesn't. R3make is breaking the trend of Jill looking the same. Which breaks in-universe continuity. That's what I'm saying. Hopefully that made it clear.
Yeah this made it clear, but Re 1 original is still canon, I still play it and it was the first re game so it's not true to say it isn't Canon, like you can't say That re 2 original isn't Canon just because re 2 remake came out...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah this made it clear, but Re 1 original is still canon, I still play it and it was the first re game so it's not true to say it isn't Canon, like you can't say That re 2 original isn't Canon just because re 2 remake came out...
...RE1 isn't canon. It's been stated by Capcom. REmake decanonized RE1...Just because you still play it, doesn't make it Canon.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
"The remake of Resident Evil, was released in Japan on the 6th anniversary of the release of the original: March 22, 2002. The remake was billed as the definitive version of the game."

- https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Shinji_Mikami
- Definiative here would mean canon. Especially since it has stuff in it the original doesn't, including stuff that contradicts one another. One HAS to be correct. If one game says one thing. And the other says the opposite. One has to be correct, therefore they can't both be canon. Examples of this include, No matter what, in the original, Wesker dies. Well, that's non canon. Wesker doesn't die. So a story where no matter what happens, it always ends in Wesker's death makes it non canon. The inclusion of Lisa Trevor is the obvious one. Lisa shows in the the VERY much canon, solo missions of the Umbrella Chronicles, so a version of the game without her would be non-canon. All this new information, that contradicts old information, renders the original non canon. They can not exist simultaniously with one another. One has to be the priority. Original RE1 is non canon.

Turo602

The King of Kings
"The remake of Resident Evil, was released in Japan on the 6th anniversary of the release of the original: March 22, 2002. The remake was billed as the definitive version of the game."

- Definiative here would mean canon. Especially since it has stuff in it the original doesn't, including stuff that contradicts one another. One HAS to be correct. If one game says one thing. And the other says the opposite. One has to be correct, therefore they can't both be canon. Examples of this include, No matter what, in the original, Wesker dies. Well, that's non canon. Wesker doesn't die. So a story where no matter what happens, it always ends in Wesker's death makes it non canon. The inclusion of Lisa Trevor is the obvious one. Lisa shows in the the VERY much canon, solo missions of the Umbrella Chronicles, so a version of the game without her would be non-canon. All this new information, that contradicts old information, renders the original non canon. They can not exist simultaniously with one another. One has to be the priority. Original RE1 is non canon.

But... both scenarios are canon despite contradicting each other and Claire references the Jill Sandwich line from the original Resident Evil in Revelations 2, which was never spoken in the REmake. There really is no logic in the Resident Evil timeline. :lol:

D

Deleted member 21244

But Wesker die even in the remake exactly like in the original, he i supposed to die at the end of the tyrant, he then ressurect whit the progenitor virus, this is show in wesker report and in umbrella chronicles... I don't see the difference between wesker death in the original and in remake they are exactly the same, there is no cutscene in the remake that let you see that he ressurect, he die and than returned in code veronica just like the original... The situation play the same, in the original the tyrant kill wesker in the remake the tyrant kill wesker too and we never see him again until code veronica... Lisa Trevor is just an addition if you didn't play the remake but only the original i think you are completely fine and can continue to play the other game...

Capcom simply say that remake is the definite version, definitive can be interpreted as ultimate edition like a directors cut from a movie, this dosent mean that the original movie is non Canon, they didnt say that is not Canon... Also did shinji mikami say that? Or does some one on Wikipedia? If he say that it's Strange because wesker die in the original and In the remake too, so the creator dosent know the story...

Also the Jill sandwich line is referenced again in revelations 2 despite not beign referenced in the remake...

Last edited by a moderator:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But Wesker die even in the remake exactly like in the original, he i supposed to die at the end of the tyrant, he then ressurect whit the progenitor virus, this is show in wesker report and in umbrella chronicles... I don't see the difference between wesker death in the original and in remake they are exactly the same, there is no cutscene in the remake that let you see that he ressurect, he die and than returned in code veronica just like the original... The situation play the same, in the original the tyrant kill wesker in the remake the tyrant kill wesker too and we never see him again until code veronica... Lisa Trevor is just an addition if you didn't play the remake but only the original i think you are completely fine and can continue to play the other game...

Capcom simply say that remake is the definite version, definitive can be interpreted as ultimate edition like a directors cut from a movie, this dosent mean that the original movie is non Canon, they didnt say that is not Canon... Also did shinji mikami say that? Or does some one on Wikipedia? If he say that it's Strange because wesker die in the original and In the remake too, so the creator dosent know the story
Yes...in REmake you realize Wesker survives because you can run back to the room where he "Died" and see his body is gone. This wasn't in the original. Not only that, but you can call Lisa Trevor "Extra" if you want, it's referenced in OTHER canonical instances. Meaning if it's referenced later, it had to have happened. So a version of the game where that didn't happen isn't canon. The original RE is incomplete. Plain and simple. They cannot both be canon, because they have different events, and one needs to take priority. And it's not going to be the one with LESS content, and added content that is even mentioned in subsequent games no less.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yes...in REmake you realize Wesker survives because you can run back to the room where he "Died" and see his body is gone. This wasn't in the original. Not only that, but you can call Lisa Trevor "Extra" if you want, it's referenced in OTHER canonical instances. Meaning if it's referenced later, it had to have happened. So a version of the game where that didn't happen isn't canon. The original RE is incomplete. Plain and simple. They cannot both be canon, because they have different events, and one needs to take priority. And it's not going to be the one with LESS content, and added content that is even mentioned in subsequent games no less.
So Capcom didn't say it was non Canon? They just say that it's a definitive version...
Wesker die in the original and in the remake in the same way, he free the tyrant and the tyrant kill him, the fact that you can't find his body later dosent prove anything, dosent mean that he was permanently dead in the original one just because his body was there, also if I remember correctly the body disappear as soon as you left the room but this would be impossible since wesker had to wake up, try to take the data from red queen than escape trought the door you just left and take the elevator...

Don't get me wrong a prefer the remake and it's obviously the one that someone should play if making a maraton of resident evil game, but if you play the original one it's the same thing because you will have the information you need to play subsequent game... Also Capcom didn't say the original is non Canon so I think you are all free to play the original because it's still canon

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I can live with Jill's new look, even though she looks a bit too generic. Carlos on the other hand, ow that's what I call a proper makeover.

So yeah, Nemesis's nose is what bugs me the most.

Jamesy

Not sure why they ditched Carlos curtains hairstyle from the original?

maybe they didn’t want another carbon copy of Leon Kennedy in the re3 remake?

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Carlos for me. He looks very weird. I think Jill ( who looks better than RE2 Remake Claire IMO as well as Revelations Jill. ) and Nemesis look fine. Will still switch back to characters' original RE3 outfits after beating the game once though.

On another note; I'm glad they didn't mess up Jill's unlockable RE3 outfit this time unlike what they did to Claire's unlockable RE2 outfit in RE2 Remake.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
g6Dldc.jpg

I'm perfectly fine with Jill's new look and a others said: It's definitely based more on RE3 Jill than Julia Voth. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Julia Voth as Jill, too, but it was obvious they wouldn't reuse her likeness again. She's still pretty and I immediately recognized her, so big plus points from me. Thank God, they got rid of her godawful Revelations/ORC face, because that's the Jill version I hated the most.

oo044vlo53441.jpg

Carlos looks more along the lines of Chris Redfield than Chris himself does in RE7, but I'm not bothered by his makeover. I actually like the new scruff look with the shaggy hair, although I liked his 'pretty boy Latino' loo, as well.

zeF3o9H_d.jpg

I gotta admit that that I was initially baffled by his look. With that thing on his face, he looks like a boxer with a broken nose :lol:I'm afraid that I might burst into laughter when I encounter 'nosey' Nemesis, if you catch my drift. I guess I'll have to wait and see it for myself how I'll react to him. Hopefully, he'll scare the living **** out of me just like back then when I played RE3 as a kid.

All in all I can say that I like the so far of what I am seeing and I'm fairly positive about RE3make.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Zacmac90

g6Dldc.jpg

I'm perfectly fine with Jill's new look and a others said: It's definitely based more on RE3 Jill than Julia Voth. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Julia Voth as Jill, too, but it was obvious they wouldn't reuse her likeness again. She's still pretty and I immediately recognized her, so big plus points from me. Thank God, they got rid of her godawful Revelations/ORC face, because that's the Jill version I hated the most.

oo044vlo53441.jpg

Carlos looks more along the lines of Chris Redfield than Chris himself does in RE7, but I'm not bothered by his makeover. I actually like the new scruff look with the shaggy hair, although I liked his 'pretty boy Latino' loo, as well.

zeF3o9H_d.jpg

I gotta admit that that I was initially baffled by his look. With that thing on his face, he looks like a boxer with a broken nose :lol:I'm afraid that I might burst into laughter when I encounter 'nosey' Nemesis, if you catch my drift. I guess I'll have to wait and see it for myself how I'll react to him. Hopefully, he'll scare the living **** out of me just like back then when I played RE3 as a kid.

All in all I can say that I like the so far of what I am seeing and I'm fairly positive about RE3make.:biggrin:

I think he used to be a boxer in his human days according to some RE Lore thou I can't recall his name

Vergil

Nemesis' piano key teeth are definitely the worst. Jill looked weird to me in the image used for the cover art (for some reason her hairline looks really screwy) but in others like the one N7Valentine posted she looks perfectly fine to me. Carlos I don't have any opinion on one way or another.

boycalledmullins

I think Jill looks better than ever. The Voth version is iconic and will always will be, but with the move to the RE engine it makes sense to make the transition now. I think she captures what Jill should look like perfectly based on the original RE3, and for what it's worth, she looks smokin' hot.

Carlos is just a massive improvement in every way. Before he looked like a generic afterthought and now he looks to have his own identity.

Nemesis still looks like a hideous imposing monster. I'll admit the slight changes were jarring at first, but the overall design accomplishes what it sets out to very well.

Top Bottom