• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's back!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Jill is only recognizable due to her outfits and Julia Voth face, both of which are gone in favor of a generic outfit and basic face.

In fact, now that I think about it, she is getting the EXACT same treatment Chris got in RE7.

A basic face and generic outfit compared to past iterations:
latest

Jill_Valentine_Resident_Evil_3_Remake_default_outfit.png
jill_valentine___resident_evil_hd_render_by_yukizm-d9tz1s1.png

Put Chris in his helmet next to every other Blue Umbrella soldier and good luck spotting him in a group.

Show new Lara Croft and new Jill Valentine to non gamers and they'll think she's the same person.
Nah, new “basic” Jill is still outta chinless RE7 Chris’ league.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
As a chinless person, my suggestion to new Chris is grow a long beard on the bottom to hide that ****.

My only concern about the new costumes is that they look pretty modern and not as much like characters from the year 1998. But I suppose that is a subjective point. All kinds of clothes were around in 1998. I assume.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Indeed, now put RE6 Chris with new Carlos together
My only concern about the new costumes is that they look pretty modern and not as much like characters from the year 1998. But I suppose that is a subjective point. All kinds of clothes were around in 1998. I assume.
Indeed. The fashion looked too modern. Other parts of the game, such as the Underground Lab, looked also too modern.
Original RE2
latest

17d0a357c0a1b9b5d523f6b4f8d9edeb.jpg

RE2 REmake
2019_01_28_17.48.07_Screenshot.png

Resident-Evil-2-Remake-Gameplay-Part-4-2019-01-25-23-49-57.mp4_003849176-1400x788.jpg

I kinda missed a the small details and devices from the original game in the Remake. The Lab (aka NEST) looked way too modern to be set in the 90's

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I maintain that the one unfinished Story Arc from the original Resident Evil timeline is Ada Wong.

We still know f**k all about Ada, where she comes from, what her ultimate goal is, whether Ada Wong is her real name and her relationship with Leon, I wanna see that storyline wrapped up before Capcom gets deep into the new post-RE7 timeline more than I wanna see a 42+ year old PTSD stricken Jill Valentine return for a meaningless story.

Plus Jill Valentine has often been cited as "The Goddess of RE" so bringing her back as a withered 42+ year old would hurt her popularity, it's different with Chris as men look cooler, gruffer and more badass with age while women unfortunately aren't so lucky, especially when it comes to the lovely ladies of Resident Evil who are well known for their beauty and sexiness.
That's the charm of Ada, so I hella disagree. You don't want every lose end tied up. Especially in horror. How often does horror media end without us having all the answers? Ada is the best example of that. Sometimes the best closure is NO closure. So no...Give us nothing more about Ada. I mean, keep her in the games, but for every little bit we learn, add a new layer of mystery.

As for Jill being older. I think you're out of your mind.
- Sandra Bullock: 55
- Amy Adams: 45
- Reese Witherspoon: 43

So the idea that they can't give us a hot, cougar Jill Valentine is absurd. As for you idea with her suffering from PTSD? That's even better...Sounds like more of a horror game than almost ANY Resident Evil so far, because it has the psychological element to it that RE so rarely has.

As for only being recognizable due to her outfits and Julie Voth...no sh*t...It's kinda like Mario is only recognizable because of his mustache, Red Suit, and hat...Or how Master Chief is only recobnizable by his badass armor. Video games are a VISUAL medium. So being recognized by that stuff...is kinda the point...
I understand the complaints about Jill's look but honestly, face-wise she looks like a modernized version of in-game RE3 Jill.
I've said this in another post, but I'll say it here too. Does it look good GRAPHICALLY? Yes. Capcom did a great job graphically. However, it breaks in-universe continuity, and I have a huge issue with that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom