• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Jill and Claire

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Well, Sherry, Leon and Chris talk about Claire at several areas of the game. Jill doesn't get a mention though. Hopefully there will be DLC.
I would be really disappointed if they had a DLC story with Claire, that would pretty much mean Capcom doesn't give a crap about Claire and they rather just push her aside and having her in DLC than in an actual game.
I think for Resident Evil they should have Sherry come back with Jake obviously making a come back and then have Claire come into the picture :D just imagine when Jake tells Claire that he is Wesker's son man Claire is totally going to flip out.
I really don't want to see Jill again for a while I mean shes come out in some recent RE games I would rather have someone else. Claire,Sherry, and Jake are perfect to start off with but who else could they bring, or bring back.... hmmmmm.

DarkZhooter

바보
I would be really disappointed if they had a DLC story with Claire, that would pretty much mean Capcom doesn't give a crap about Claire and they rather just push her aside and having her in DLC than in an actual game.
I think for Resident Evil they should have Sherry come back with Jake obviously making a come back and then have Claire come into the picture :D just imagine when Jake tells Claire that he is Wesker's son man Claire is totally going to flip out.
I really don't want to see Jill again for a while I mean shes come out in some recent RE games I would rather have someone else. Claire,Sherry, and Jake are perfect to start off with but who else could they bring, or bring back.... hmmmmm.
I will be happy if Claire gets 7 as her game, but still I want her to have atleast a DLC so it will show that they still care about Claire.. Nice sig btw :) So much fangasm~

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
I will be happy if Claire gets 7 as her game, but still I want her to have atleast a DLC so it will show that they still care about Claire.. Nice sig btw :) So much fangasm~
Yea I meant to say for RE7 they should include those 3 but I still wouldn't want a DLC for Claire instead a DLC for long lost characters so at least WE know they still care about them you know Barry,Rebecca,Bill... yea cause we all know Claire is most likely to appear in a RE game then them and would rather have a DLC story for them instead.

DarkZhooter

바보
If they don't make her a DLC for 6 I hope she goes as a mercs char.What if Rebecca,Bill,Barry and Claire got in trouble on the wrong time and wrong place,I hope that is the story of 7 because Claire stated that she will not fight anymore unless everything goes wrong :3

Flipqy42

Nevermore
So... has anyone here ever heard of the "Resident Evil: Downfall" rumor?

Yeah, I heard of it. I nearly drove myself crazy trying to find confirmation. I'm hoping that Capcom will bring it up at next year's E3. I hope it's real and that Claire is the main character. And I don't care what system they put it on, because I will buy that system if I don't have it just to play the game.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
If they don't make her a DLC for 6 I hope she goes as a mercs char.What if Rebecca,Bill,Barry and Claire got in trouble on the wrong time and wrong place,I hope that is the story of 7 because Claire stated that she will not fight anymore unless everything goes wrong :3
Having Claire for Mercenaries is a great idea :D
And for those other characters hopefully they can appear in a prequel.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Yeah, I heard of it. I nearly drove myself crazy trying to find confirmation. I'm hoping that Capcom will bring it up at next year's E3. I hope it's real and that Claire is the main character. And I don't care what system they put it on, because I will buy that system if I don't have it just to play the game.

Yeah, the rumor was that it would be a 3DS title with Claire as the main character. I too was desperately hoping it was true at the time the rumor started circulating. But, as time went by I eventually lost hope since Capcom never confirmed it. However, like you said, they still have a chance to pull some magic at next years E3. And we can only hope for the Downfall official announcement.

Stay hopeful! :D

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Yeah, the rumor was that it would be a 3DS title with Claire as the main character. I too was desperately hoping it was true at the time the rumor started circulating. But, as time went by I eventually lost hope since Capcom never confirmed it. However, like you said, they still have a chance to pull some magic at next years E3. And we can only hope for the Downfall official announcement.

Stay hopeful! :D
Why not have Claire in RE7 or a prequel?
I'm not looking forward to buying a 3DS for a Resident Evil game, I would but I don't have money to be buying a Resident Evil game every single time it appears on a console I don't have.

DarkZhooter

바보
Yeah why not have her in RE7 because when I played RE:REV on my DS,I didn't have much fun as I usually do when I play RE on my PS3 :(

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Claire, NOR Jill deserve DLC as far as the story goes. The story was GREAT, and we don't need ANY more characters cluttering it up. 7 main characters was MORE than enough. Besides, it would violate cannon. Claire said she was DONE fighting, and as great a character as she is, she said she'd be gone, and she should STAY gone. Jill is EASILY my second favorite character, but it's A OK to not have her in ONE game considering the others she was in. 5, Revolutions, RE: ORC, and Mercs3D. Now, if they released them as DLC for Mercs, that would be a ok. Hell, a 2 pack, each character comes with a level from past game. Jill could come with a Mansion Mercs Level, and Claire could come with a Police Station Mercs Level. Adding them for Mercs is a GREAT idea. Adding them for story is a TERRIBLE idea.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Claire, NOR Jill deserve DLC as far as the story goes. The story was GREAT, and we don't need ANY more characters cluttering it up. 7 main characters was MORE than enough. Besides, it would violate cannon. Claire said she was DONE fighting, and as great a character as she is, she said she'd be gone, and she should STAY gone. Jill is EASILY my second favorite character, but it's A OK to not have her in ONE game considering the others she was in. 5, *Revelations, RE: ORC, and Mercs3D. Now, if they released them as DLC for Mercs, that would be a ok. Hell, a 2 pack, each character comes with a level from past game. Jill could come with a Mansion Mercs Level, and Claire could come with a Police Station Mercs Level. Adding them for Mercs is a GREAT idea. Adding them for story is a TERRIBLE idea.
Wait, just wondering when did Claire say she was done fighting, again? When I try to think of her saying that my mind turns up blank :(

Also, I totally like your idea for mercs DLC. I always wished they would bring back old locations through Mercs, and adding them with new playable characters that match the theme is a great idea!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
We have so many Merc Option for Various Characters

We have a MAJOR loop-hole in the plot that can be filled in as DLC

and so much more

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Wait, just wondering when did Claire say she was done fighting, again? When I try to think of her saying that my mind turns up blank :(

Also, I totally like your idea for mercs DLC. I always wished they would bring back old locations through Mercs, and adding them with new playable characters that match the theme is a great idea!

It was in Degeneration, Leon says to Claire 'you took the role of a rescuer rather than a fighter'
I do not take this as Capcom saying 'we will never see Claire again' though, especially as she wasn't much of a fighter in RE2 or Code Veronica either.
If they ever want to go back to survival horror, they know which character they should use.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
It was in Degeneration, Leon says to Claire 'you took the role of a rescuer rather than a fighter'
I do not take this as Capcom saying 'we will never see Claire again' though, especially as she wasn't much of a fighter in RE2 or Code Veronica either.
If they ever want to go back to survival horror, they know which character they should use.
Oh, I remember that, but I never interpreted it as them saying she's out for good. Like you said, she wasn't ever much of a fighter (although we all know she can be if she wants to ;) )

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But Chris and Leon ARE Fighters, and I don't wanna see Claire in that situation, especially considering the action turn the games have taken. Sure she could get caught up in another Bio-terrorism attack by mistake, but that would make THREE times. I'm sorry, but that's not realistic, and for the most part, RE does a GREAT job with sucking you into the story, and making you forget it's fake, or it's a game. Leon and Chris are sent INTO those situations as their missions (Degeneration, Damnation, RE5, RE6 are all great examples), but Claire's were always by mistake. Degeneration, RE2, and RE:CVX are more examples. Claire WAS a fighter, just as much as a protector. But she doesn't WANT that life. And I don't want that for her. Idk, I'm a big fan of keeping characters true to how they would be like REAL people, and Claire is no longer a fighter. I think all characters should have a time they should be retired, and canonically, I think it's time for Claire. Same for Chris actually. Not that they shouldn't be mentioned, or have small parts, but not in large doses, and not in an action/fighter role, unless it's in a non-cannon game like ORC, or mini games like Mercenaries.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I just realised I don't care about Claire being in Mercenaries anymore, as long as they just change that stupid music! :rolleyes:

Sure she could get caught up in another Bio-terrorism attack by mistake, but that would make THREE times.

... four.

Top Bottom