• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Jake Muller - the Wesker offspring theories thread

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Alright, it's confirmed that the Merc is in fact Wesker's son, Jake Muller. But the theories about him are welcome until more info about him is released. Who is his mother? When was he born? Is he an ace up Wesker's sleeve? Let's hear some opinions!

I think that, even though Excella had a crush on him, it's impossible for her to have been the mother of Jake. He's too old, and the gap since RE5 is not huge, and Excella would have at least hinted at it. She's definitely crossed out as a possibility. I think he was born right after his "death" in RE1, as an attempt at creating another powerful Wesker, with no Virus complications, since the traits would be carried through birth.

If Jake was born after Wesker's first death he would be only 15 right? He doesn't look that young. I have no theories on who his mother was since Ada and Excella are out of the question.

I'm wondering what path Jake will choose or if he is truely a good guy. Or will he turn around and be all like, "Bwaha! I have fooled you and now I have everything I need to finish what my father started!" I can't wait to find out what happens with this character.

And I know this isn't a big deal, but I love that his name is Jake. Why? I see it as a Resident Evil tradition to give all of the main characters common and simplistic names. I know it's stupid, like I said it's not a big deal but I like it.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
He had a family during the time he became a agent. I'm guessing his wife was a scientist with Umbrella. When he found out she was pregnant they started experimenting on him before he even was born, maybe? I wonder who his wife was and could she still be alive. In the video I posted they talk a little about Wesker's past.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well...I think his mother is just some girl Wesker knew when he was still leading a relatively "normal" life...They hooked up for one night, and BAM...Baby...Wesker, being as cold as he is though, really didn't care...Hell, he probably didn't know she was pregnant, he just kicked her to the curb the next day so he could go rob Umbrella...

I think Jake is one of those who is a total douche bag (the lovable kind) and is completely set on his own path no matter how it hurts others...But for a good reason..His mom...He can kind of be compared to Cloud Strife if you think of it...The way I'm looking at him at least...I think he'll be a good guy...Well, as good as you can call someone like him...He just won't turn out evil...I also think he'll die at the end of the story...Just seems like the tragic hero archetype...

I think his name is fine...You're right, all the names have been relatively simple in RE...Chris, Albert, Jill, Rebecca...To me, Jake is a common name...I've met many Jakes, and let's face it...I've noticed in a LOT of things, a well loved hero has a name that starts with a "J"...The most common being John, Jack, and Jake...They're just names that kind of make you think "hero" or "power"...

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Hmm, you're right on the age thing, didn't really think of it. Since he's a playable character, I don't think he'll be a double-crosser or anything. It would be stupid. There's already the fight between Leon and Chris to keep us excited, and that's enough of a twist. I know why they're fighting (Leon wants to shoot the girl that started this all, but Chris doesn't), but it's not that. Capcom wouldn't go bat**** crazy and create a story built on twists.

I also like Jake as a name, generally, as well as Jack. Brings Naked Snake's conversation with the Boss to mind.

He had a family during the time he became a agent. I'm guessing his wife was a scientist with Umbrella. When he found out she was pregnant they started experimenting on him before he even was born, maybe? I wonder who his wife was and could she still be alive. The video I posted talks a little about Wesker's past.
I was going to say she was a scientist too, but would it make sense that she was poor? Or maybe she lost all of her money after all of the madness. She sounds like a helpless women which is why I was guessing that she was just some quick fling with Wesker and not someone of major important, but I could be wrong. There is so much to speculate right now. >_<

Edit: I love twist, they add to the story so I won't mind if they are more than one. As for the heros starting with J I think it's just a coincidence and is not meant to be seen as a clue to what side he is on as the name was probably just randomly picked. But that's just me.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I was going to say she was a scientist too, but would it make sense that she was poor? Or maybe she lost all of her money after all of the madness. She sounds like a helpless women which is why I was guessing that she was just some quick fling with Wesker and not someone of major important, but I could be wrong. There is so much to speculate right now. >_<
Either a fling or he took some poor woman as a experiment subject!..We'll find out soon

Jakeykins18

Useless
Well first off I like Jake b/c we have the same name ^-^
But I think she has some kind of connection with the story line. She's ( the mother ) has got to be somewhere in RE, a file, a person in a crowd, SOMETHING. I think I might play a few main series games over and look :p

This kinda reminds me of Dante and many other cases of, hey I don't know my dad and I don't understand what I am or my powers that I have had since I was a kid.

Wouldn't Jake have been under the radar like that? No one noticed? Don't know if I like that part now that I think of it. I shall see how they deliver this before I completely say nay.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
My theorys:
1: Something I thought is that maybe the mother is Jill when Wesker had her in captivity(explains the open vagina hole in her battlesuit lol), I know it seems dumb but Jake has the super human abilities that maybe made him quickly age to a mature adult so his powers could be stable.

2: It could still be Steve and he just doesn't remember who he is, because Chris states "Have we meet?" and Jake jokes them off.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I honestly think she was just a fling of Wesker's- a one night stand even.

To me Wesker was the type of guy who always had a hidden agenda and probably had a lot more responsibilities and ambitions with Umbrella's work than even Birkin had (Birkin being a guy who was actually married with a child and probably saw Umbrella as a steady career and couldn't see other possibilities).

I don't think Wesker even toyed with the idea of marriage or even a steady relationship with anyone because, again, he was a guy full of ambitions and possibly anticipated a time where he would have to give up something to fulfill something else. He probably lived life like some rich bachelor walking around Raccoon City, having various sexual encounters with anyone he felt interested in.

So basically Jake is a b*stard child and his mom was more than likely used by Wesker- if only for the night.

I would also assume that this fling took place before Wesker entered S.T.A.R.S.
The fact that none of his coworkers (from Umbrella or S.T.A.R.S.) ever even mentioned anything about him having a lady with a baby on the way and the fact that Wesker didn’t even mention it himself makes me believe that the entire situation was insignificant or unknown... and a bit of an ass-pull.

theinternat

Queen Internet
yeah i'm with everyone who thinks he was "with" someone, either briefly or even a one-night thing, when he was young & before his "super villain" era. i know wesker is superhuman, but i really don't think he was asexual or had ken doll parts or something :p to me it's not a far out idea at all that he had a kid somewhere along the line.

jake is obviously powerful but not over the top in a matrix-style like his father, so i don't think he was experimented on or anything. i think wesker either had no idea he was even born, or just didn't care about him at all. jake seems like he had a rough life so he's a bit spiny, but he's a sweetheart on the inside. i'm really excited to see how his story plays out.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
If it was Excella then good on him.

Seeing as a website (Link here) stated that Jake is a Merc to get money for his mum, perhaps it's a character we have yet to meet. It would be more likely, as well as more well received if it was. If Capcom decided to make Rebecca the father, then I think a lot of fans would be pushed away.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
What if he had a fling with Annette Birkin? She's old enough to be his mother, and it makes sense. He and William were best buds, but he wasn't too good to him. I'm sure he fooled around with Annette a bit... Who knows, maybe Sherry and Jake will find out they're brother and sister! :p

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
What if he had a fling with Annette Birkin? She's old enough to be his mother, and it makes sense. He and William were best buds, but he wasn't too good to him. I'm sure he fooled around with Annette a bit... Who knows, maybe Sherry and Jake will find out they're brother and sister! :p
...and if they start to have a thing for each other... Oh Lord, this is Star Wars all over again.

DragonLAT

I'm thinking that wesker was hunk and vector from Resident Evil ORC was Jake.
Hunk has Red eye mask and wesker has red eyes.... Coincidence ?
just a thought... thats all
i'm probably wrong...?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- You guys ready for this ?.....here goes!!! This is for all my STARWARS fans to agree with me on this and maybe others if you like my idea on this new guy!! --- Albert was working for Umbrella he was one of their best!, he met a young girl working there whether she was a scientist or soldier we dont know or maybe even Albert met her on a mission ?? Albert wasnt the cruel power bent maniac he became back then, maybe he was a nice guy and was different with this woman and wanted to settle down and stay with her...? -The big-wigs of Umbrella found out and said , albert your becoming weak!!! So they told him to kill her and maybe he did!!!- jsut before her death the villagers in europe cut out the baby and raised him as one of their own???-or Umbrella left the woman for dead and told Wesker she was dead? -Or finally my last theory the woman saw what umbrella was doing and what happened to the man she loved and didnt want any part of albert any more and ran off without telling him he was a father so that the baby would be safe from Umbrella....... - you see its like a whole ANAKIN SKYWALKER/DARTH VADER story .VS. LUKE SYKWALKER and how great would that be if at the end Albert is alive and he has to fight him and in the end Albert sacrafices himself to destroy Umbrella forever and save his sons life and his son from the life he had !!!----That would be kick @$$!!!!!! Ya know you like that!!!

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
-also albert has to be late 40s - mid to late 50s then... cause his son looks to be mid 20s-mid 30s

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
My theories:
A) A one night stand and defective Umbrella-made condoms ("Umbrella condoms:keeping your belly folded"), he has a limited involvement in his raising, at the very least providing money (I don't think that mister "I will be a God" would've wanted his offspring giving BJ's for cash)...
Some sort of trace from Wesker to Jake allowed the one that looks like Ada to find him...

B) Genetically engineered, that's why his age doesn't match... If so, he probably used Excella's DNA as she is smart, beautiful and with personality (a match for him)... He was probably "conceived" in one of the Tricell Labs and then sent somewhere safe (I don't see Excella as a mother)...

Then again, WHY would Wesker have wanted to "save" the world while endangering his son... THEN it makes sense that Wesker actually never knew...

Top Bottom