• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It Chapter 2

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Hey all. I got to see this Friday and it was very good, I thought. I think the comedic relief placed throughout the film was notably well done as it did its job to relieve the tension while not totally killing the immersion. I would've liked to see it end a little differently and I would've like to see the turtle but at the end of the day I feel it was an entertaining experience. And the Beverly/Ben scene (I won't elaborate for spoilers but if you've seen it you probably know what I'm talking about.) very nearly made my cry :( It was so good though. What are your thoughts?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Saw this movie a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it as well. I actually liked it more than Chapter 1. I thought the casting was excellent and really loved the humor throughout the film. Eddie and Richie were my favorites. That scene with the puppy had me laughing so hard.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
One of the scenes that got me was the scene with the leper in the basement when it pukes and gets that great overlay song.

I loved the cast also. I especially liked James McAvoy, Bill Hader and Jay Ryan, not to mention Bill Skarsgard, whose portrayal of Pennywise continues to blow me away. I find his Pennywise to be a lot scarier and more memorable than Tim Curry (sorry not sorry) and I look forward to seeing him play Flagg in The Stand.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yes James McAvoy and Bill Skarsgard did fantastic as well. It’s been ages since I’ve seen the original It with Tim Curry so I really can’t remember, but from a design standpoint I think Bill’s It design is scarier...

Edit:

Ok I did a quick Google search and Tim Curry is pretty friggin frightening too. Wouldn’t want either Its coming after me. :lol:

Still though. Bill really did a great job.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Thought it was complete rubbish, a huge stepdown from the 1st film which had so much charm and acted as a great coming-of-age story. This one failed to deliver on both charm, scares, story flow and eventual climax.

I was also really disappointed to see that the science fiction aspects of the book, particularly the cosmic horror, was left out completely minus a small nod to "It" entering our atmosphere millions of years ago.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I enjoyed it, but I'll admit it has its flaws. It certainly didn't measure up to the first one IMO. I thought the pacing was iffy at times, I felt like certain scenes really didn't need to be there and didn't advance the plot at all and were just thrown in for the sake of padding the movie's run time; filler, if you will.

There were things I liked, like McAvoy and Hader's performances, and some really powerful scenes (the "grandma" scene was very well done, too bad the trailers had to spoil it, and the opening), and some things which really make me question whether I should buy the home video release or not. There are plenty of films that I say I "enjoyed" in the theater and watch them again on home video and realize they're not that good or even terrible (Suicide Squad comes to mind), you could say those were just a product of the theater experience and/or the price of admission skewing my favoritism towards it.

Oh and if you thought the theatrical cut was too long, apparently, it's getting a Director's Cut on home video. Whether this'll help or further hamper the movie's pacing remains to be seen, but they better be some damn good scenes considering all the filler the TC had. I get that they were trying to give us the "definitive" ending with the second installment, but if you're gonna give us a long movie, it better deliver on that long run time and not be chalk full of filler.

Maybe I'm wrong and it really hits it out of the park like the Kingdom of Heaven and LotR extended cuts did, but I have my doubts, and considering the mixed reactions from the film (the consensus from reading other boards and RT/IMDb/MC scores is mixed-to-positive), I think I'm justified in having them.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I thought Chapter 1 was just OK. I only watched it once but I remember feeling like it dragged on in the theaters. I agree that Chapter 2 does have flaws and is awkward in pacing but I think the humor and actors are what saved it for me and made it stand out over Chapter 1.

ReeseJamPiece

I'm about to watch it for the 2nd time tonight whilst eating pizza and drinking lemonade, 2nd times always better than first in my opinion.

Jill_is_my_Valentine

Honestly I loved chapter 2 a lot. I’m a big fan of the book, and I think this movie is the best on screen version of that book we are going to get. Unless they were to make it into a Netflix series. That would work well.

But it was paced really well for me, the characters were great, and the imagery was inventive and suitably horrifying. Maybe not as good as chapter 1, or the book, but still really good.

Billy Coen

I enjoyed it, but I still prefer part one.

My favourite scene, I would say, was when their childhood bully attacked one of the heroes.

That guy is a psycho.

Top Bottom