• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Isn't this game monsterously hard?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Had a go on this recently and it was really hard! It's like they want to emphasize that there's no escape from zombies by putting LOADS of the them everywhere. And with few ink ribbons, it just seems frustrating :S

I like the game, it just drives me a bit nuts :D

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Maybe it's just me. It just seems like there's HUNDREDS of zombies, it's hard to dodge them

At least you get enough ammo and F.Aid spray on Easy Mode, but if you get caught by a group of zombies it just seems impossible.

Ah well, practice makes perfect. I'm not a great RE player anyway lol

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
what bit exactly are you stuck on?
zombies in it hang around in groups, of 4 or 5, but just keep you distance and you'll be fine.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I think it's the distance judging - probs takes practice xD

I just found that there were more zombie groups in RE2 than in RE3, I wasn't so bothered by them in RE3.

aintnoscrub

Premium
hmmm..depends where you are really.
when your in the station in 2, i didn't find there was that many zombies.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
It's just around the first few minutes, there seems to be a lot for dramatic effect or something lol

but yeah, like I said probs just need to keep at it lol

aintnoscrub

Premium
after you get past that bit, you'll notice a lack of zombies, well except one bit in that station where theres about 5 eating a corpse.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I think that's the group we stumbled on.

Killing the licker seemed easier, lol xD

But thanks :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
doesn't matter, you'll get used to them soon enough, just don't stand in one position for too long.

Popo

hard? i thought it was hard at the beggining, but it just got easier and easier and i managed to finish it in 1 hour 08 minutes!

aintnoscrub

Premium
it does, once you reach the sewers, theres only spiders, then in the lab at the end, theres the odd one walking about, but there not in groups, so you can easily take them out.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Ahh, that's cool.

I think it's the tank-y controls, they take a lot of getting used to. Because of that I found zombies hard to avoid.

My own copy's in the post at the moment, so I'll try it some more when it gets here. Thanks guys :D

weskerfan

i love the old RE games..they give some challenge here and there,but mostly cuz they are alot scarier than the new ones like re4 and re5 :/

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Yeah, RE4 isn't all that scary from what I've seen when my bro plays it - it's my game and I haven't even had a chance to have a go yet, lol

RE4 kind of reminds me of The Wicker Man (not the Nic Cage version >.<)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I had hoped you guys would talk about how hard it is... Because I want a real challenge the day when I get to start on this game! RE4 let me down a bit because it's so easy.

Hmm one thing that probably will be hard for me on the old games, is the limited saving possibilities. But how bad is it? I like the RE4 typerwriters.

Top Bottom