• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 is the chicago typewriter worth...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
The thing with the Chicago Typewriter is that it gets boring really, really fast and pretty much drains any bit of challenge from the game. It's definitely worth a playthrough, especially if you're doing a speed run but apart from that... eh... I'd keep the weapons and keep playing until you can afford it through treasures or other means. But that's just me.

L

Lurker
I'm with LFF on this. The Chicago Typewriter is amazing, but is really boring. Unless you have Leon's mobster suit. That makes it all worth it. And even if you are speed running, getting 2 hours with the typewriter is far below getting 3 hours with normal guns.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Don't get me wrong, the CT is a really cool gun, but by boring I mean that EVERYTHING - including all the bosses except for Del Lago can be killed in a matter of moments. Going through a normal playthrough of RE 4, even with totally upgraded guns, you still need to strategize somewhat and bosses still pose somewhat of a challenge. The Chicago Typewriter is pretty much the Infinite Rocket Launcher without the bang. Everything goes down in seconds. Fun for a speed run, but when if you're playing Normal difficulty with it.. eh. But some people I suppose will milk that aspect of it.

L

Lurker
Don't get me wrong, the CT is a really cool gun, but by boring I mean that EVERYTHING - including all the bosses except for Del Lago can be killed in a matter of moments. Going through a normal playthrough of RE 4, even with totally upgraded guns, you still need to strategize somewhat and bosses still pose somewhat of a challenge. The Chicago Typewriter is pretty much the Infinite Rocket Launcher without the bang. Everything goes down in seconds. Fun for a speed run, but when if you're playing Normal difficulty with it.. eh. But some people I suppose will milk that aspect of it.
So this is practically saying it's boring but with more emphasis on the boring part? If that is the case, then I admire your thoughts on the chicago typewriter.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yes, it was my attempt at elaborating on the boring part because someone had said they didn't understand how it could be boring.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Save up, buy it...Only for use with the Mobster outfit...It really does make the game just...fun...and make sure you reload it four times in a row with the mobster outfit, you're in for a treat...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I say don't buy it. It takes whatever challenge there was in RE4 (and there wasn't much) away from the game as others have said. As far as beating bosses in 10 seconds: The very first time I played RE4 I beat Sadler in what couldn't have been more than 15 seconds and it was a real let down for me (at this point I didn't have the CT, as I was playing the GC version and unlike the PS2 version where you can afford it after 1 playthrough, it was harder, for me at least, to have that much money). I remember playing RE2 for the first time and being like, wtf, this boss is unbeatable without cheats lol. Where did that go? But I digress lol...

If you want any kind of a challenge, don't buy the special weapons. Tune up the ones you're good with. Otherwise go for it I guess.

L

Lurker
I say don't buy it. It takes whatever challenge there was in RE4 (and there wasn't much) away from the game as others have said. As far as beating bosses in 10 seconds: The very first time I played RE4 I beat Sadler in what couldn't have been more than 15 seconds and it was a real let down for me (at this point I didn't have the CT, as I was playing the GC version and unlike the PS2 version where you can afford it after 1 playthrough, it was harder, for me at least, to have that much money). I remember playing RE2 for the first time and being like, wtf, this boss is unbeatable without cheats lol. Where did that go? But I digress lol...

If you want any kind of a challenge, don't buy the special weapons. Tune up the ones you're good with. Otherwise go for it I guess.
They probably were all like "GAMERZ DUN LIEK DA DIFFICOOLTIE OF CODE VERONICA! MAEK RE4 SUPAH EASE!"

L

Lurker
Nowadays we're all ''GAMERZ THINK IS WAAAAAAY TOO EASE! AMP UP DAH DIFFICOOLTIE!!
It must be an endless chain. How do we solve this? HELL OR HELL IN DEVIL MAY CRY 4! Seriously, Heaven or Hell is easy but takes forever. And then they punch me in the face with me dying in one hit and enemies dying like I was on the hardest difficulty.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
They probably were all like "GAMERZ DUN LIEK DA DIFFICOOLTIE OF CODE VERONICA! MAEK RE4 SUPAH EASE!"
Nowadays we're all ''GAMERZ THINK IS WAAAAAAY TOO EASE! AMP UP DAH DIFFICOOLTIE!!
I found this was precisely the problem of RE 4! Gamecube only offered 'Normal' and 'Professional' run throughs of the game. Normal is too easy, especially your second run through with upgraded guns. Meanwhile, because I'm a bit of a lousy gamer, I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of completing RE 4 on Professional - part of that is because they don't allow you to carry over your upgraded weapons. There's no happy medium!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I found this was precisely the problem of RE 4! Gamecube only offered 'Normal' and 'Professional' run throughs of the game. Normal is too easy, especially your second run through with upgraded guns. Meanwhile, because I'm a bit of a lousy gamer, I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of completing RE 4 on Professional - part of that is because they don't allow you to carry over your upgraded weapons. There's no happy medium!
I understand completely...but I did laugh when you said theres no happy medium, because technically normal is medium lol...I mean, I understand and I'm not correcting you...I just found it funny...However, I agree...It should give you like a Normal, Hard, Pro...Or something to that effect...

Top Bottom