• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is RE7 an actually confirmed thing or is it a rumor?

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
I've been out of the RESi loop for some time I'll admit. When around RE5 is when I stopped playing as I felt the series didn't want to be a survival horror series anymore so decided to play other games that still were. But after hearing that Revelation 1 & 2 were pretty good (as in, closer to actual survival horror), I've been trying to look for an excuse to start playing these games again. I'll probably pick up the RE0 remaster too.

Any who; I joined this forum back in 2014 and hardly even visited sadly lol. So I don't know if this is old news or not. I mean talk about RE7 has been going around since RE6 first dropped but recently I'm hearing more about it like it's actually going to happen.

Was their a conference or something that I missed?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I've been out of the RESi loop for some time I'll admit. When around RE5 is when I stopped playing as I felt the series didn't want to be a survival horror series anymore so decided to play other games that still were. But after hearing that Revelation 1 & 2 were pretty good (as in, closer to actual survival horror), I've been trying to look for an excuse to start playing these games again. I'll probably pick up the RE0 remaster too.

Any who; I joined this forum back in 2014 and hardly even visited sadly lol. So I don't know if this is old news or not. I mean talk about RE7 has been going around since RE6 first dropped but recently I'm hearing more about it like it's actually going to happen.

Was their a conference or something that I missed?
-it was yesterday announced by their CEO Leon

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well RE7 is definitely happening but I believe it's undergoing a lot of changes because of the reception of RE6.

But yeah they are remaking RE2 so you may want to hop on the bandwagon for that one!

Last edited:

Anguis

They are making it for sure. Usually they release a CGI movie before each new installment and since they announced the film Resident Evil Vendetta we can pretty much be sure that 7 will be released after that.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Man they better not scrap the idea of Chris and Rebecca's return in the next CGI movie, I just read an article and of course all they talked about was Leon being the star... yet again.

I need my Chris fix.

Anguis

Man they better not scrap the idea of Chris and Rebecca's return in the next CGI movie, I just read an article and of course all they talked about was Leon being the star... yet again.

I need my Chris fix.

What? Please no! Chris has been used TOO MANY TIMES and he's one of the most bland protagonists in the franchise :/

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Honestly it's about equal but Capcom has definitely had more fun with Leon than Chris. Leon has become the posterboy for the series since RE4 but Chris' character has the stronger story arc. I still argue that RE6 is more Leon's game though (thus, if either one gets to be in RE7, I think it should be Chris... but I'm a bit bias).

Also including Chris in the next CGI flick would be a great opportunity for Capcom to bring out more of Chris' personality and maybe a bit more on his personal life/interests.

Last edited:

Anguis

I think they should just use brand new characters or some they haven't used in a while like Carlos, Billy or Rebecca. If we want survival horror than they need to use a character that isn't prepared to face the horror, Chris is a soldier and Leon is a secret agent, so I think Rebecca would be a great choice, or maybe a new protagonist, that would be great as well.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Yeah I was kinda upset about them only mentioning Leon considering he was to protagonist of the other 2 movies as well (which I thoroughly enjoyed btw). I don't really get the appeal of bringing back characters like Carlos and Billy because they were meant to be one-offs from the beginning, and I didn't really find their characters to be terribly interesting, but that's just me.

To answer OP's question though, technically Capcom has not officially announced RE7 but they have said things like "we'll make sure to do ___ with RE7" so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. They're taking their time because fans have made it quite clear that they felt wronged by certain more recent games, so they're waiting until they can get a better gauge of what people truly want in order to finalize what 7 will end up looking like, which I'm all for. There could also be financial reasons but I never know what to believe in regards to that stuff because according to people on the Internet every single major company is bankrupt, so it's hard to say what's true there.

Hopefully we'll get an announcement fairly soon with like a trailer or at least some information, but it's hard to say for sure just where RE7's at. Don't believe all of the click bait rumors either. They've been saying stuff like "RE7 released at E3!?!?!!?!!?!!" for years now, so no one truly knows for sure yet.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
RE7 has been in development since at least 2012, likely 2011. They wanted it to come out in 2013. There was somewhere it was announced that the game was to become an annual franchise, but they decided against it after RE6 and decided the quality was important to them. It's been in development for a looooong time. I honestly get the feeling that it'll be the next RE4 and one of the series best. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't live up to it's dev time :p

Here was a rumored concept art for RE7

re7.jpg

Unknown

Totally forgot about that concept art. Was it confirmed legit? Drawn by Capcom?

Anyway, it's cleary Chris and Jill and I recall a comment by one developer following RE6 that the series would go back to its roots with the two of them trapped in another mansion.

e_etu

Soram ~
They should have killed Chris in RE6, Piers Sherry Jake and Moira are enough for being the 'new heroes'

I have said this before but i think they should consider kill at least 1 main character cuz its so boring that always main characters survive + we need younger blood cuz main characters are something like 40-50 now ( ? )

e_etu

Soram ~
RE7 has been in development since at least 2012, likely 2011. They wanted it to come out in 2013. There was somewhere it was announced that the game was to become an annual franchise, but they decided against it after RE6 and decided the quality was important to them. It's been in development for a looooong time. I honestly get the feeling that it'll be the next RE4 and one of the series best. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't live up to it's dev time :p

re7.jpg

I havent seen these ever :O

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't get the obsession with killing off or getting rid of the MAIN characters. They're far too iconic and important to the series to be replaced by lame characters like Piers, Moira, and Jake who have nothing on the originals. Piers was just a generic BSAA soldier who had no prior motive or development like Chris did with the Mansion. That incident is what led him on the path he's on now. Same for Jill, Leon, and Claire. Moira was just a whiny stereotypical teenager and Jake was by far the worst of them all. It was obvious that he was created to fill the void of players wanting to play as Wesker but dammit, he's no Wesker. His abilities make no sense and they just try way too hard to make him "cool" and ultimately, he's not. He's just an immature, bitchy, try hard. That's not to say I wouldn't want Sherry or Moira to ever return in the future. They definitely have a place now, but not as replacements to anyone.

Besides, if anyone should die, you have characters like Ada and Barry who are big enough characters to have impactful deaths without robbing the franchise of an important character. The only time a main character should die is when it's time to end the series. Otherwise, you're not really doing a service to whichever big name character is being killed off if they could just move on from them and be forgotten 1 or 2 games later. You don't just kill Mario or Luigi and expect people not to care. Sh*t, just look at Wesker. People are still hoping for his return which only proves that they killed him too early or very poorly. Though, I'd say it's both.

Also, people like to say Chris and Leon are far too experienced to be in a survival horror situation and I just don't think that's true. This is where Capcom f*cked up in RE6. They said the horror in Chris' campaign is seeing his squad die and get picked off one by one which may be horrifying for the character, but not so much the player. Scaring the player is what matters the most here and that can be easily achieved using any character so long the game is developed that way.

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
" sarcasm" CEO Leon
I just realized
<====================Your Joke===================

My head

I'm an idiot lol.
you should care more about the resident evil 2 remake thats really coming out instead of 7
Oh no doubt. Even if RE7 were to rear its head in the future, I most likely wont get it until there's a price drop and certainly not before RE2 remake. RE2 has always been a top 5 RESi for me. I'll definitely cop that when it comes.

What? Please no! Chris has been used TOO MANY TIMES and he's one of the most bland protagonists in the franchise :/
Honestly it's about equal but Capcom has definitely had more fun with Leon than Chris. Leon has become the posterboy for the series since RE4 but Chris' character has the stronger story arc. I still argue that RE6 is more Leon's game though (thus, if either one gets to be in RE7, I think it should be Chris... but I'm a bit bias).

Also including Chris in the next CGI flick would be a great opportunity for Capcom to bring out more of Chris' personality and maybe a bit more on his personal life/interests.
I think they should just use brand new characters or some they haven't used in a while like Carlos, Billy or Rebecca. If we want survival horror than they need to use a character that isn't prepared to face the horror, Chris is a soldier and Leon is a secret agent, so I think Rebecca would be a great choice, or maybe a new protagonist, that would be great as well.
It's a shame because I thought Chris was rather decent in the older games. He was still rather bland then too of course but the blend of isolated horror and bad voice acting kind of gave him a charm that I could only describe as "naive soldier boy". Now he's every generic action shooter protagonist ever and his partners are usually just as bad imho. I'd rather have anyone else from the first four games.

As for Leon, well they managed to make him boring in RE6 too. That's a big surprise considering how full of ham he was in RE4. If it continues like this, I wouldn't seeing less of him too. I agree with Anguis, they should use just mix it up every now and again. Bring back your other characters!

They should have killed Chris in RE6, Piers Sherry Jake and Moira are enough for being the 'new heroes'
I don't think anyone needs to die honestly though I personally wouldn't mind seeing Sherry and Moira again. Piers and Jake on the other hand, I wouldn't mind never seeing again though. Piers had the personality of a trash bag and I just plain hated Jake.

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
Yeah I was kinda upset about them only mentioning Leon considering he was to protagonist of the other 2 movies as well (which I thoroughly enjoyed btw). I don't really get the appeal of bringing back characters like Carlos and Billy because they were meant to be one-offs from the beginning, and I didn't really find their characters to be terribly interesting, but that's just me.

To answer OP's question though, technically Capcom has not officially announced RE7 but they have said things like "we'll make sure to do ___ with RE7" so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. They're taking their time because fans have made it quite clear that they felt wronged by certain more recent games, so they're waiting until they can get a better gauge of what people truly want in order to finalize what 7 will end up looking like, which I'm all for. There could also be financial reasons but I never know what to believe in regards to that stuff because according to people on the Internet every single major company is bankrupt, so it's hard to say what's true there.

Hopefully we'll get an announcement fairly soon with like a trailer or at least some information, but it's hard to say for sure just where RE7's at. Don't believe all of the click bait rumors either. They've been saying stuff like "RE7 released at E3!?!?!!?!!?!!" for years now, so no one truly knows for sure yet.
Meh I don't really agree with the one off thing, considering they fit into the same canon as all the other returning characters, (one being part of a prequel to the entire series and the other partnering *and flirting :suggestive:* with the series heroine. So in my opinion they deserve just as much attention as every other character that has returned in numerous titles.

That seems like a fair conclusion to draw then. So that means we do know Capcom has considered RE7 at the very least. I'm fine with them taking their time if it means they're accessing what made their series good and tackling it with care and polish (oh wait this is Capcom we're talking about here lol). I've heard the whole financial thing too however and even though most times it does sound like game journalist smoke and mirrors, when it portrays to Capcom, I've seen enough sources to think there's some truth to it. I doubt they're as bad off as some make it though.

I'm sure we'll get a hype trailer in due time. Until we'll remain in the dark.

re7.jpg
Oh wow O_O This is all news to me. It kind of sounds like a reboot for some reason. Is this official art made by Capcom though? For some odd reason, my mind screams Lisa Trevor at the bottom right picture.

Top Bottom