• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Is it just me or are the camera&controls really bad ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I just can't stand it i've tried all the camera options and the shooting still feels wonky and off center for some reason.

IDK Why RE4&5 had really good aiming but this game just doesn't have a good aiming its just not comfortable and my character constantly keeps wobbling on the floor when i'm trying to get a steady aim how the bloody hell am i going to get a clear aim like that ?

EDIT: Instinctively when i try to sprint&aim my character starts wobbling on the floor WTF ?

MissDomino

Premium
I never really had any problems myself. I use the default settings though.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having, but if you try to aim while sprinting, this goes into a slide. If you move the left analog while on the floor, they roll or wobble on the floor. If you let go of L1/LB, they get back up. If I'm on the right track, you will need to aim without pressing the sprint button (X or A), because it will get the character on the floor. Hope this helps :). If you are on the PC though, I'm not sure how the controls are set up there.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I think its just you, and ME!
I realised when first playing RE6 demo how awfully the camera was placed.
Standard third person shooters with the classic aim feel- Re4, gears of war, Always put the camera around the characters right shoulder, and when zooming it lines up with a 45 degree trajectory from the bottom left corner where the gun is, to the centre.
In re6 they placed the camera way down low, on the characters belt buckle. Cannot explain any more clearly how much of a crappy decision that was, but i got used to it for a bit. It makes the bullet trajectory go from the top left of the screen in some cases instead of the bottom. You would not play a First person game where the gun barrel pointed from the top left to the centre, but thats exactly the view Re6 forced. It also gets terrible when running and goes even lower, giving me a floor upwards view when running.
The re4 and re5 camera placement is spot on and the re6 placement is too low, belt buckle instead of shoulder where it should be.
they tried to fix it because they had numerous complaints from reviewers but all they have done is given zoom and field of view options and not camera height which is were the problem lies.
Certain characters dont have the issue AS much- Chris redfield shoots his assault rifle from a more usual position but for example Sherry's pistol holds way too high. Theres not even consistency!

Top Bottom