• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Chris gay?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Haven't the producers stated that there is no romance between Chris and Jill?

Chris might be gay, y'all. lol

tumblr_marfxzuzFs1r1ouueo1_500_zpsclyfzkpw.jpg

tumblr_marfxzuzFs1r1ouueo4_r1_500_zpspdk0rkma.jpg

He does wear turtlenecks... as does Wesker. IDK too many straight guys who would wear a turtleneck. ;P

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Haven't the producers stated that there is no romance between Chris and Jill?

Chris might be gay y'all. lol

tumblr_marfxzuzFs1r1ouueo1_500_zpsclyfzkpw.jpg

tumblr_marfxzuzFs1r1ouueo4_r1_500_zpspdk0rkma.jpg

He does wear turtlenecks... as does Wesker. IDK too many straight guys who would wear turtlenecks. :p
...I love turtlenecks...Then again, a lot of people don't exactly peg me for straight...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well, actually there was a developer interview stating that Alex's care for Albert was only sibling love. Nothing romantic, and nothing like Alfred to Alexia xD Hell Alex did abandon him at one point and blamed herself for his death in a sense. Either way, but Chris x Clair and Alex x Albert is stupid as hell with zero evidence to back it up.

It is true that they are related and it her sibling affection for him was because she knew that he went through what she went though. (sorry if that was worded funny). Regardless they did meet sometime prior to the Mansion Incident, we know this. We also know they had contact and Alex got Uroboro's from him, they were indeed acquaintances and Alex did call him a "fellow Wesker". She acknowledge his potential even if she felt "superior". She was Spencer's favorite and she was the only one to know of the full extent of Project W. Which also comes to wonder if Albert even ever know she was a "Wesker" or knew of the Wesker project. It's possible he found out after the Spencer Estate incident. If he ever did, it is likely it was in 2009 during the events of RE5. He gave her Uroboros, and Albert had a document signed by Alex regarding Project W. Which happens to be the final document in the main game. At least that's if he know what "W" stood for, I don't think he's that dumb. He can put 2 and 2 together and I'm conflicted if they two of them would get along once one of them reached "godhood". The sibling rivalry that we know about may kick in. One feels threatened by the other, both have superiority complexes. You don't need a PHD in Psychology to know what happens next.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well, actually there was a developer interview stating that Alex's care for Albert was only sibling love.
Sources? All the information I'm seeing on Alex suggests it was both.

Either way, but Chris x Clair and Alex x Albert is stupid as hell with zero evidence to back it up.
Airaku, no one is trying to make a case for Alex/Albert. It's just silly for you to say that Alex/Albert is as wrong as Chris/Claire. Because A/A is not even incest. Some people might think it's incest because they falsely believe that Albert and Alex were 'created' by Spencer, but you know that's not true.

It is true that they are related and it her sibling affection for him was because she knew that he went through what she went though. (sorry if that was worded funny).
How exactly are they related? They don't share the same parents. They both were abducted by Spencer and experimented on and thus Alex finds Albert relatable. I think of my BFF as a sister, but it doesn't mean we're actually related.

Unknown

What??! I said Orson Pratt is a weirdo! I meant to post in the "what are you thinking thread"!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
What??! I said Orson Pratt is a weirdo! I meant to post in the "what are you thinking thread"!
It would have been slightly more convincing had you just insisted your account had been hacked, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt nonetheless. ;)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Sources? All the information I'm seeing on Alex suggests it was both.

Airaku, no one is trying to make a case for Alex/Albert. It's just silly for you to say that Alex/Albert is as wrong as Chris/Claire. Because A/A is not even incest. Some people might think it's incest because they falsely believe that Albert and Alex were 'created' by Spencer, but you know that's not true.

How exactly are they related? They don't share the same parents. They both were abducted by Spencer and experimented on and thus Alex finds Albert relatable. I think of my BFF as a sister, but it doesn't mean we're actually related.

My bad. Certainly wasn't thoughtful of me. I realise now I wasn't very clear.

1) I haven't seen anything in the game that mentioned it to be romantic relationship. Stuwart said she was gravely saddened, and that she doubled the efforts in her work. Almost as she also realised that even a worthy Wesker (a god) can die.
As for the source. I know that Project Umbrella is sketchy as one of their writers makes some outlandish bull**** claims, but this is a good interview imho. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Yasuhiro-Anpo-Interview-Project-Umbrella

"Q8) When was the painting with Albert and Alex drawn and how did they know each other? Alex seems to have romantic feelings for him, as well as viewing him as a brother and an equal, an oddly close relationship that parallels Gregor/Grete in Kafka's The Metamorphosis, as well as Jupiter/Juno in Greek mythology.

Albert and Alex are two of the Wesker Children, who studied under Spencer, and it's possible that this was painted at that time. They were the two "chosen" ones, and existed as rivals meant to give each other even higher standards. As such, Alex does think of Albert as a brother, and it seems that she very specifically related Gregor and Greta to Albert and herself."

That certainly seems like sibling love to me. I think Anpo made it quite clear in that reply. Doing some reading on Metamorphosis, it's a lot like how Alex viewed Albert. Cared for him and then abandoned him and eventually became worse then him. Alex made a huge point of how Spencer/Umbrella (symbolising the family in the book) abandoned Gregor (Albert) and she was afraid the same would happen to her. It's a very interesting contrast. I don't see how people attach this whole romantic crap with them. I really don't.

I also like how he mentioned the power within Natalia is actually from Alex and not the T-Phobo's virus. I have no idea how the hell this is possible lmao. It makes no sense, the virus that gave the Wesker's their power (technically the combination of that and Birkin's modified T-Virus in Albert's case) is a biological thing. The whole spirit transfer thing that was mentioned in the Japanese translation of one of the documents (I can't seem to find it now, I did copy paste it, but is that proof? xD) thing makes sense. But there is no way in hell that a biological virus can transfer with a "spirit" wtf? Alex definitely needed to do genetic enhancements to transfer that.

I love how she has crazy strength were Albert was speed. Interesting food of thought. My question is if that other bull**** was a power. Plus her ability to analyse and read people (not a power, just an incredible eye for detail, this was noted in RE5) makes her potentially the most threatening and powerful RE foe to date. Seriously wtf? It's brilliant!

2) What you said is indeed true. Personally, I find both to be messed up from my perspective. Through their ideals of being siblings in that sense, not blood related, but it still seems a little weird to me. Then again childhood friends sometimes do become lovers. On the other hand the Wesker children were seen as siblings to Spencer, but they were also separated and did not know of one another. The project was compartmentalised and considerable amount of care was taken to ensure they did not know. At least until Alex figured it out after she was trusted with the knowledge.

This is irrelevant but on a side note. I love how the sibling picture (which clearly Capcom put there for plot reasons to show their relations) Alex kept in her throne room portrayed Albert as being bored and looking like he didn't want to be there. Where Alex, standing above him was all prideful about it. I don't know if it was intended symbolism by Capcom or not to have Alex towering over Albert.

3) What I meant by Alex and Albert to be related. I was referring to what you said about Alex and Albert going through the same procedure through Umbrella and being part of the same project. Alex being more self-aware and knowing of the project as Spencer, who favored her, entrusted her and have her oversee Project W. at one point. She could relate to Albert more because she understood what was going on and was aware. Albert on the other hand was more oblivious to everything and was far more interested in his personal development and evolution. It was through experience that Alex could relate (related in past tense) to Albert. I used a poor choice of words in my reply.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
My bad. Certainly wasn't thoughtful of me. I realise now I wasn't very clear.

1) I haven't seen anything in the game that mentioned it to be romantic relationship. Stuwart said she was gravely saddened, and that she doubled the efforts in her work. Almost as she also realised that even a worthy Wesker (a god) can die.
As for the source. I know that Project Umbrella is sketchy as one of their writers makes some outlandish bull**** claims, but this is a good interview imho. http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Yasuhiro-Anpo-Interview-Project-Umbrella

"Q8) When was the painting with Albert and Alex drawn and how did they know each other? Alex seems to have romantic feelings for him, as well as viewing him as a brother and an equal, an oddly close relationship that parallels Gregor/Grete in Kafka's The Metamorphosis, as well as Jupiter/Juno in Greek mythology.

Albert and Alex are two of the Wesker Children, who studied under Spencer, and it's possible that this was painted at that time. They were the two "chosen" ones, and existed as rivals meant to give each other even higher standards. As such, Alex does think of Albert as a brother, and it seems that she very specifically related Gregor and Greta to Albert and herself."
And this is why asking for sources is important - he never actually said that Alex didn't harbour any romantic feelings towards Albert. He didn't address that part of the question. And that's why double-barrelled questions like what Project Umbrella asked are incredibly frowned down upon in journalism - because respondents will typically only respond to one part of the question. I think it's a stretch to take his omittance as proof of anything but you do you.

Anyway, I have nothing more to say.

Last edited:

elfece

It's possible, but I don't want him to be gay. I am NOT homofobic. I think Jill and Chris are cute together.
Also in Revelations 1, Parker was telling Jessica Chris was already taken. I think he meant Jill.

btw like I always say sorry for my bad grammar :ı

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Chris isn't gay. There's actually unused audio from lost in nightmares that can be heard here @ the :36 second mark.

Jill teases him about flirting with a younger woman around the office. While this doesn't confirm he's straight ( there is such a thing as bisexuality ) it does confirm his interest in women.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Chris isn't gay. There's actually unused audio from lost in nightmares that can be heard here @ the :36 second mark.

Jill teases him about flirting with a younger woman around the office. While this doesn't confirm he's straight ( there is such a thing as bisexuality ) it does confirm his interest in women.
Ha. Knew it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
And this is why asking for sources is important - he never actually said that Alex didn't harbour any romantic feelings towards Albert. He didn't address that part of the question. And that's why double-barrelled questions like what Project Umbrella asked are incredibly frowned down upon in journalism - because respondents will typically only respond to one part of the question. I think it's a stretch to take his omittance as proof of anything but you do you.

Anyway, I have nothing more to say.

Oh believe me, I know Project Umbrella is sketchy. I've seen some of the BS one of their guys trout's on other sites. I won't give a name but it's pretty sad. He states all these things as facts and doesn't back them up. He's been right on a few, obvious predictions, but very wrong on other statements. Which is why I hate using it as a source, but I do quite like that one particular interview.

To me is answer is clear as day. He addressed that she sees him as a brother and cares for him as such. He then mentioned that she views their relationship to Greta and Gregor. After doing some research on Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka a while back. I am pretty confident that Anpo addressed the issue quite well. There was no need for him to say "yes or no" as his references speak for themselves. The game seems to back this up as well, there are of course, many key differences between the stories. I wouldn't be surprised if Anpo just ignored the question because it's as stupid as it sounds, at least in my own opinion. I also find interesting note he also seemed to deflect the "Jupiter and Juno" comment well, which he ignored. Which I find interesting because they were brother and sister, twins to be more precise. Who engaged in incest and had a son named Ares/Mars. So it wasn't just one remark regarding romance, it was two. Plus he gave a good source for fans to look at.

I like how he addressed the rivalry. She did see him as an equal, but I do think she thought of herself of a bit higher than him. But that was just my take and perception of it. Nothing to back that one up, her ego seemed to supersede Albert's, which made me go "Holy ****" lol

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I know this maybe irrelevant or maybe i am reading too much into it but in the ending where Chris and Jill are the only survivors in original Resident Evil game you see Chris and Jill hold hands.

Top Bottom