• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

is anyone streaming the evil within??

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I have a feeling this isn't one of those games you'll get much out of just watching. It's awesome, but it seems like something one should experience themselves to get the full effect (to me, anyway).

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
I have a feeling this isn't one of those games you'll get much out of just watching. It's awesome, but it seems like something one should experience themselves to get the full effect (to me, anyway).
i want to know if it sucks before i buy it. i don't like what i've seen so far, so i wanna see a little bit more of it.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Well I have the ps3 version and it's not exactly what I was expecting. The story is all over the place, it's confusing and the gameplay is kinda generic tbh. Idk maybe it's because there are quite a lot of 3rd person shooters out and they're all similar. But it does have some elements from the old resi games like burning bodies and save rooms. It's not a bad game or anything but I would suggest maybe renting it 1st or wait for a price drop.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
Well I have the ps3 version and it's not exactly what I was expecting. The story is all over the place, it's confusing and the gameplay is kinda generic tbh. Idk maybe it's because there are quite a lot of 3rd person shooters out and they're all similar. But it does have some elements from the old resi games like burning bodies and save rooms. It's not a bad game or anything but I would suggest maybe renting it 1st or wait for a price drop.
i still trust mikami with my life, so i don't wanna write it off, and i certainly don't wanna wait 6 months to try a potentially great game. just looks kinda cookie cutter right now, is all. i'll probably rent it since none of y'all are streaming.

bruno

Chief Researcher
i still trust mikami with my life, so i don't wanna write it off, and i certainly don't wanna wait 6 months to try a potentially great game. just looks kinda cookie cutter right now, is all. i'll probably rent it since none of y'all are streaming.

I bought it and i'm very disappointed with it :/
It copies many stuff from RE (especially RE4, you'll see a lot of resemblances), and mixes it with Silent Hill elements.
The first 10 minutes of gameplay are awesome, it really feels like survival horror. But then it changes and basically the rest of the game is about getting resources, kill all enemies, get more resources, kill more enemies, etc etc. I still haven't finished, so I still hope to get some good stuff before it ends.
I find this review very accurate:
http://kotaku.com/the-evil-within-the-kotaku-review-1649303587

Top Bottom