• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 im dissappointed with the reception to RE6!

mark_nufc

I'm enjoying it, Playing through chris's campaign. It reminds me of the old school res games because I have to save my ammo, but now the knife is quite effective

IIIURBANIII

Sorry, I had to make this account just to point out that most of you in here are dense easily impressed people. Just reading the first bunch of posts here made me laugh.

Resi 6 isnt survival horror anymore, I got that, no what this game is, is a rushed P.O.S. Mercenaries AGAIN?

Let me just say ive played all the games, sub games and enjoyed them all from Zero to 5, even when it lost its survival horror roots. They have all been great.

I didnt have much expectation with this game, didnt keep upto date on development. But what im playing now is shocking, I ****ing HATE running in a straight line in games, on a directed path with no exploration. Someone in these forums even said they are ENJOYING the exploration....are you mad, there is none?

Im not going to go in depth about the **** camera, make of that what you will, I am so bored with this game because everything has been done better on other third person games. This game is all action, half of the time your not even in control of these action moments as its all QTE. What a lazy bunch of devs, I havent poured my life and money into gaming to see this **** come out, what did you actually do with the money earned Capcom? You sure as hell didnt expand your budget with this game. The first 10 mins is all QTE broken up by small OTT action moments. Strange thing is, Ninja Gaiden went the same way, run forward, kill enemies, fight boss, repeat, and that in itself isnt bad, but when you run in a straight line for hours on end it really rips the intrest away.

Where are the diaries of the fallen for a good read? Why cant you use the extra.weapons you pick up for longer?

Why the hell, within an hour or so am I ****ing up the same boss over and over again. After me and a friend took down the mutated T-rex thing, we sighed, thank god its dead now. WAS HE ****, that ****ed me off that Leons campaign consisted of killing this thing way to many times, when it finally died I didnt really care, I felt happy as I never want to fight that boring P.O.S boss again.

Also, I was playing the women, why at the end was I stuck in a small building unable to do anything but watch my friend fight the annoying thing. I couldnt even help him as my bullets wernt being registered

And the humvee ride through the biological fog, erm hello I did pay to play this game, not sit there for like a whole 2 minites waiting for the dickhead driving to speed up. There are loads of parts in this game that are on rails, which doesnt combine well with QTEs and the linear corridor gameplay thats interrupted by 50 firery explosions every 10 mins

They havent done anything to improve this game since the last, im not moaning because it isnt like the old Resi games, im moaning because as a game in general its boring as hell. To those saying "i am AMAZED" your likely to be the kind of people excited over Christmas tinsel.

I rate the game as a 6, theres nothing in this game that makes it stand out. Its not risen the bar at all, even the last 2 games were better than this and it seems they took Mercenaries and copy and pasted it. You still have to smash and shoot things just like last time, with nothing new added at all. At to the people in this forum you should be ashamed of yourselfs, you either have an IQ of 20, or easily impressed with no understanding of whats expected of a game with this calibur, when its gained so much money

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Sorry, I had to make this account just to point out that most of you in here are dense easily impressed people. Just reading the first bunch of posts here made me laugh.

Resi 6 isnt survival horror anymore, I got that, no what this game is, is a rushed P.O.S. Mercenaries AGAIN?

Let me just say ive played all the games, sub games and enjoyed them all from Zero to 5, even when it lost its survival horror roots. They have all been great.

I didnt have much expectation with this game, didnt keep upto date on development. But what im playing now is shocking, I ******* HATE running in a straight line in games, on a directed path with no exploration. Someone in these forums even said they are ENJOYING the exploration....are you mad, there is none?

Im not going to go in depth about the **** camera, make of that what you will, I am so bored with this game because everything has been done better on other third person games. This game is all action, half of the time your not even in control of these action moments as its all QTE. What a lazy bunch of devs, I havent poured my life and money into gaming to see this **** come out, what did you actually do with the money earned Capcom? You sure as hell didnt expand your budget with this game. The first 10 mins is all QTE broken up by small OTT action moments. Strange thing is, Ninja Gaiden went the same way, run forward, kill enemies, fight boss, repeat, and that in itself isnt bad, but when you run in a straight line for hours on end it really rips the intrest away.

Where are the diaries of the fallen for a good read? Why cant you use the extra.weapons you pick up for longer?

Why the hell, within an hour or so am I ******* up the same boss over and over again. After me and a friend took down the mutated T-rex thing, we sighed, thank god its dead now. WAS HE ****, that ****ed me off that Leons campaign consisted of killing this thing way to many times, when it finally died I didnt really care, I felt happy as I never want to fight that boring P.O.S boss again.

Also, I was playing the women, why at the end was I stuck in a small building unable to do anything but watch my friend fight the annoying thing. I couldnt even help him as my bullets wernt being registered

And the humvee ride through the biological fog, erm hello I did pay to play this game, not sit there for like a whole 2 minites waiting for the dickhead driving to speed up. There are loads of parts in this game that are on rails, which doesnt combine well with QTEs and the linear corridor gameplay thats interrupted by 50 firery explosions every 10 mins

They havent done anything to improve this game since the last, im not moaning because it isnt like the old Resi games, im moaning because as a game in general its boring as hell. To those saying "i am AMAZED" your likely to be the kind of people excited over Christmas tinsel.

I rate the game as a 6, theres nothing in this game that makes it stand out. Its not risen the bar at all, even the last 2 games were better than this and it seems they took Mercenaries and copy and pasted it. You still have to smash and shoot things just like last time, with nothing new added at all. At to the people in this forum you should be ashamed of yourselfs, you either have an IQ of 20, or easily impressed with no understanding of whats expected of a game with this calibur, when its gained so much money

Get rid of it and save us all the damn headache of hearing all you guys get crazy butthurt and start insulting us for enjoying it.

My view: Bollocks to the reviewers. This game has horror, action, lots of shooting, upgrading, i hear Ada's campaign is full of puzzles, there's 4 campaign at 8 odd hours each, Agent Hunt mode, Mercenaries, collectibles, various difficulty levels. I haven't got my moneys worth like this in a game before. The game mechanics are good, it's got a BIT more survival feel to it than 5 and it's a HUGE step in the right direction. I've played 20 hours and have only just come up to the end of the 3rd campaign.

How it got such low scores is beyond me, completely.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Screw the critics! RE6 was awesome! It had great story, great characters, great gameplay, and not to mention AMAZING graphics! On top of all this, they had 3 campaigns for 3 different tastes: Survival Horror, Survival Action, and Action Adventure. Take all that and pair it with the endless amount of replay value. What more can you ask for?

Also, coincidentally, the only gaming critique source that I trust (GameInformer) was the only one that gave RE6 a moderately high rating XD

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I think he has some good points above, theres way too much on rails and QT bullet presses that it felt too much like an interactive movie. Yeah Leons first two or three chapters were good , i would say,Good not amazing, and then near the end it went ridiculous over the top interactive scene sections, all the defensive moves revolve around tapping a stick or button, i just agree with a lot of URBANS points even though i do like the game a lot and Mercenaries is awesome the actual campaign gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. The main thing for me which was lacking was exploration and the ambient sections of collecting, and organising weapons and items which broke up the action in previoius games.

They could have EASILY given us an endless survival mode- think survival mode in LEft 4 dead, you choose a mercenaries map, a difficulty, and see how long you can last with endless waves of progressively harder enemies. Its surely easy to make that mode with all the maps, enemies, and systems in place just a few changes neccessary.
Instead we're going to get rehashed versus modes which don';t sound too great, and they were supposed to be released already on 2nd october but not heard anythign of them?
Plus locking three maps for DLC only would surely annoy me if i didnt get them, i would only have 3 maps for mercenaries, which is not many compared to RE5. They should have given everyone the 6 and then had some more optional ones.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I think he has some good points above, theres way too much on rails and QT bullet presses that it felt too much like an interactive movie. Yeah Leons first two or three chapters were good , i would say,Good not amazing, and then near the end it went ridiculous over the top interactive scene sections, all the defensive moves revolve around tapping a stick or button, i just agree with a lot of URBANS points even though i do like the game a lot and Mercenaries is awesome the actual campaign gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. The main thing for me which was lacking was exploration and the ambient sections of collecting, and organising weapons and items which broke up the action in previoius games.

They could have EASILY given us an endless survival mode- think survival mode in LEft 4 dead, you choose a mercenaries map, a difficulty, and see how long you can last with endless waves of progressively harder enemies. Its surely easy to make that mode with all the maps, enemies, and systems in place just a few changes neccessary.
Instead we're going to get rehashed versus modes which don';t sound too great, and they were supposed to be released already on 2nd october but not heard anythign of them?
Plus locking three maps for DLC only would surely annoy me if i didnt get them, i would only have 3 maps for mercenaries, which is not many compared to RE5. They should have given everyone the 6 and then had some more optional ones.

I can agree with some of this.

I'm not so sure on an endless survival mode, but it would have been nice to have a Mercs mode where you don't have an enemy limit of 150, and more time vials, so you could go 20 minutes against endless enemies.

I agree about the DLC in part: I'm looking forward to it, insanely. The DLC modes sound great to me. But this whole 'available on release date' thing has ****ed me off a bit, a week later and we're still waiting with no word about it at all? Not cool.

There should definitely be more maps for Mercs from the get go, 6 standard maps and say a 3 pack DLC of maps would've worked alot better.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah for sure and there was 8 maps on RE5 so it was slightly less than expected, I can think myself very lucky as I got all 3 DLC maps with my steel case in England but i know most of USA only got one map and that annoys me because I struggle to find a match on my DLC maps, and my friends might miss out. And I heard hackers have found codes inside the disc that say things like 'fire map is now available for DLC' . I can't remember exact wording but somethign like this.

Im still very pleased with the game having spent nearly a whole week annual leave playing the cr*p out of it!
Yes some sort of extended survival mercenaries would be good to change up the pace as it would be slower to begin with and more about setting up a base and conserving goodies where as normal mercs is more about Melee and skillful killing and of course combos.

zeroskaterz92

some of your points are agreeable but some of it, you sounded like you sucks at it. lol
well, that's the charm of RE, it's never been that easy fighting boss battle, except for a few boss battle. i still remember that fighting off Birkin, Mr. X, Tyrant in CVX quite irritating. Nemesis was the most difficult enemy i ever fought in the classics. then, when it comes down to RE6, yup, **** just got higher and higher, some of it are even harder than Nemesis.
for RE games, that's great cuz boss battle in RE are always requires you to have strategies.

still, as many games i ever played, there no game that can ever reach Mushihimesama level. that stage 5 boss battle was like a big middle finger to your face.

Lonesurvivor2127

I give you an example, that may be a little extreme, but it illustrates the point of those who dislike this game.

Let's say as an engineer you've been given a task by your employer to design an airplane, but you design a car.
No matter how good your car design is, and no matter that more people use cars, than airplanes, you haven't completed the given task.

So if you say "don't compare this RE to previous games, but play it as an action game", many (read: not all) people can't do that, because they wanted a true Resident Evil game, and not and action game, no matter how good this game is as an action game.
So their frustration is understandable, and some review with low scores do have a point.

And if the game is not really Resident Evil anymore, than why keep the title?

Because it is Resident evil. The only aspect of this game that didn't feel like Resident Evil was Chris' campaign. Even that had a few horror moments to it , not much but a few. lol Leon's campiagn is the best example of how the whole game should have been made. That was the orginal plan to begin with but then (I think the producer) drew a pic of Chris and Leon pointing guns at each other then they decided to make it the way they did. All (if not most)of the magazines gave the game high 8's/9. However read some of the online reviews most of the complaints in those articles are ridiculous. All they do is complain about stuff that most people on here and other forums love. The game is hard and you have scarce ammo. That's what we as RE fans were demanding. So they did it and people b* tch about it. They gave the players better melee options to help you out and they complain about it. They move and change the herb into pills and then say how complex it is, to mix it / equip it. It's so easy to do even Helen Keller could do it. Hell ,even Sheva could do it. lol

Basicly the engineer made a newer plane but the employer doesn't like the new design. Same Thing happened to Silent Hill : Homecoming and Downpour. Homecoming which is a great scary game upped the combat to a way better form and critics complained about it. So they go back to the roots with Downpour. The critics gave it a horrible score. Those two games are great and one of the best psychological /scarier games in the last ten years. But the problem is we as gamers aren't ten years old any more. So as we get older stuff isn't as scary as it use to be. So everyone compares to the games that we all love but we see it with wool over our eyes, if it's not those classic games then it sucks. When it comes down to it the games have gotten better but we as customers/critics suck. lol

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Because it is Resident evil. The only aspect of this game that didn't feel like Resident Evil was Chris' campaign. Even that had a few horror moments to it , not much but a few. lol Leon's campiagn is the best example of how the whole game should have been made. That was the orginal plan to begin with but then (I think the producer) drew a pic of Chris and Leon pointing guns at each other then they decided to make it the way they did. All (if not most)of the magazines gave the game high 8's/9. However read some of the online reviews most of the complaints in those articles are ridiculous. All they do is complain about stuff that most people on here and other forums love. The game is hard and you have scarce ammo. That's what we as RE fans were demanding. So they did it and people b* tch about it. They gave the players better melee options to help you out and they complain about it. They move and change the herb into pills and then say how complex it is, to mix it / equip it. It's so easy to do even Helen Keller could do it. Hell ,even Sheva could do it. lol

Basicly the engineer made a newer plane but the employer doesn't like the new design. Same Thing happened to Silent Hill : Homecoming and Downpour. Homecoming which is a great scary game upped the combat to a way better form and critics complained about it. So they go back to the roots with Downpour. The critics gave it a horrible score. Those two games are great and one of the best psychological /scarier games in the last ten years. But the problem is we as gamers aren't ten years old any more. So as we get older stuff isn't as scary as it use to be. So everyone compares to the games that we all love but we see it with wool over our eyes, if it's not those classic games then it sucks. When it comes down to it the games have gotten better but we as customers/critics suck. lol
Translation: If you do something the same people complain
Do it another way or change it around....people still complain

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium

Get rid of it and save us all the damn headache of hearing all you guys get crazy butthurt and start insulting us for enjoying it.

That was very disrespectful of you IIIURBANIII. Just because someone likes a game that you don't, doesn't give you the right to insult them. It's called Opinion, everyone is going to have a different opinion and you're going to have to learn how to respect other people's opinion. If someone has a different opinion than you, you don't insult them as that is very disrespectful and mean. It's like calling me an idiot because I cured a life threatening disease that is spreading aross the globe.

I agree with TheVacantThrone about this, just because someone enjoys it and you don't doesn't mean you insult them.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium

I didnt have much expectation with this game, didnt keep upto date on development. But what im playing now is shocking, I ******* HATE running in a straight line in games, on a directed path with no exploration. Someone in these forums even said they are ENJOYING the exploration....are you mad, there is none?

Why the hell, within an hour or so am I ******* up the same boss over and over again. After me and a friend took down the mutated T-rex thing, we sighed, thank god its dead now. WAS HE ****, that ****ed me off that Leons campaign consisted of killing this thing way to many times, when it finally died I didnt really care, I felt happy as I never want to fight that boring P.O.S boss again.

I understand you don't like the game for whatever reasons you posted but do me a favour and try not to start attacking the members of this site. It is perfectly possible to address your problems and air your grievances without resorting to petty name calling and derogatory comments about those who like the game.

Thanks.

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
It saddens me that some reviewers have personal grudges, as some of you may have seen the Gamespot reviewer, repeatedly tweeting about how much he hates the game. Personally, I believe that there will always be fans who want the old horror...but let's face it, games evolve to suit the current audience's needs. I like RE6, because not only does it have an engaging story with many twists, it also provides a nice balance. With plenty of action in Jake and Chris's campaigns, and dark horror in Leon's, I don't see how you can go wrong. As for the amount of QTE's....if that's one of the biggest reasons this game got a low score, then the reviewer might as well have played it on Amateur.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
let the haters hate all that really matters is what the fans feel and even though they have been mixed i have seen more positive fans over negative ones
as long as we know its a good game thats all that really matters

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Just my opinion, but I'm actually glad the game has the mixed reception it has, NO I'm not hating on the game even though I don't like it nor am I trying to offend anyone who likes the game, but the thing that makes me happy about the massively mixed reception of RE6 is that Capcom can not make another game like RE6 now, if RE7 gets made and it has more action and less horror than RE6 has then it will be slammed twice as hard and rated twice as low, Resident Evil is not meant to be an action game, plain and simple, it can evolve with action and other stuff (Resident Evil 4 nailed that perfectly), but it is NOT supposed to be an action game. For RE7 or any spin offs between, they can keep a good deal of action in it, but they have to add more of what the franchise is supposed to be.

Tim Newman

The reviews for this game are completely unfair and do not justify how much work Capcom put into this game. They went all out in my opinion with this game. The difficulty is pretty good in my opinion. You have to be on your game at all times because enemies will drop you down pretty quick. The game play is even improved as well. The stamina bar makes the game more realistic to where you resort to your guns when your worn out which is something new to me in games. This game has some of the best AI partners I've seen in a video game. The enemy designs are rather impressive too and were designed for this game with inspiration from past concepts. They didn't recycle anything from the past games. They started from scratch on this game and put so much into it. I agree about ign. I did a blog post about an ign review I read about the game. From the things I've seen with the game and what they wrote I do not agree with them at all.

http://timmenewman.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/httpwww-ign/

Reactions: Ada

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
RE6 is a lot of game, and I like that. RE5 can easily be beaten in 2-3 hours, and I'm still barely halfway through RE6. Despite anything else, I'm most appreciative about that. Now, that said, there are some serious flaws with the game. I won't go into detail now (as I'm not finished with the game), but some elements are disappointing.

dave7867

RE is my favourite game,ive played them all had fun and of course with the times has to improve to keep up with the competitors BUT i want to play single player mode not co-op mode at least in other similar games in a campaign mode you could play single or coop mode.

Top Bottom