• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If You Could Change One Thing In Today's World...

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Hmmm. Hmm? I'm not completely sure, but I might want to change the year to 4000 BC again. All the problems mentioned so far, happened at a later stage. Maybe we need a second chance.

Hmmm, a second chance, good idea! :D

Global Economic Collapse ;)

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Hmmm. Hmm? I'm not completely sure, but I might want to change the year to 4000 BC again. All the problems mentioned so far, happened at a later stage. Maybe we need a second chance.
But then there'd be no technology and the magic it brings ;_; But then again, I think life wouldn't be this boring...
Sometimes I'm just derping around on the internet, and in the end I'm like: ''Dafuq am I doing with my life.''

However, there's another thing I'd like to change about this world. This topic is already focused on religion and the effed up sh't it brings along with itself, so... If I could change one thing, then I'd want religious leaders from all over the world, like rabbis and priests and imams to meet up 'n stuff, just like how countries do to contribute to friendship. And if it already happens, then I'd want it to happen more often, until finally people realize that you should not cast out each other, but embrace each other. The time that people convert each other to their own, ''rightful'' religion is over, just like how permanent borders are drawn between countries. People should finally realize that.

Hoady

Imo you can't ban religion or anything for that matter. If you try to ban things, especially a value system, you cause conflict, repression and give something great significance. Things go underground. You can outgrow things or educate though. Thats what politicians try to do: Ban things. Because they don't know a solution they make a law, a consequence for your actions. They have no understanding in the field of human behaviour to truly solve anything. Its why the drug wars, stopping violence, the law systems are all a big fat failure.

If i could change one thing it would be the current monetary system. We are 1 planet, 1 human family, that require all the same needs. Beyond religion,beliefs,opinions,national divisions and artificial boundaries which we differ, we all have the same needs and promotion of positive health that can be met very easily.It is through the means of science and technology, related to the capacity of the earth(Science and technology aligned with nature). The fact is if we consume more trees faster then they can grow, we run out of resources, we all end up suffering regardless of what we both believe.

One example is we can cut back about 99% of landmass used by current agricultural farming. The method is a vertical tower, which can make fruits and vegetables all year around,100% organic with no need for pesticides and the like.It is totally automated. These can popped locally in towns, so there is no need for trucks travelling 1000s of kms. One of these towers can easily feed about 10000 people. This is just a very short, 1 of a 1000 examples of what we can truly accomplish if we put our minds together to use our technology efficiently, although people are not aware it exists. I will stop there.

Reactions: svp

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Imo you can't ban religion or anything for that matter. If you try to ban things, especially a value system, you cause conflict, repression and give something great significance. Things go underground. You can outgrow things or educate though. Thats what politicians try to do: Ban things. Because they don't know a solution they make a law, a consequence for your actions. They have no understanding in the field of human behaviour to truly solve anything. Its why the drug wars, stopping violence, the law systems are all a big fat failure.

If i could change one thing it would be the current monetary system. We are 1 planet, 1 human family, that require all the same needs. Beyond religion,beliefs,opinions,national divisions and artificial boundaries which we differ, we all have the same needs and promotion of positive health that can be met very easily.It is through the means of science and technology, related to the capacity of the earth(Science and technology aligned with nature). The fact is if we consume more trees faster then they can grow, we run out of resources, we all end up suffering regardless of what we both believe.

One example is we can cut back about 99% of landmass used by current agricultural farming. The method is a vertical tower, which can make fruits and vegetables all year around,100% organic with no need for pesticides and the like.It is totally automated. These can popped locally in towns, so there is no need for trucks travelling 1000s of kms. One of these towers can easily feed about 10000 people. This is just a very short, 1 of a 1000 examples of what we can truly accomplish if we put our minds together to use our technology efficiently, although people are not aware it exists. I will stop there.

I don't think anyone called for banning religion, I certainly didn't, I just said it should have it's influence removed from every aspect in life except for people's personal right to believe what they want.

If it is allowed to have influence, we'll never have these food towers, or many other innovative solutions to world problems, because if the world starts getting better, then religion was always wrong, they thrive on the idea that the world is getting worse, because it then means their (insert apocalyptic scenario) is coming, therefore they have a huge hold over people over fear of said apocalyptic scenario.

My word though, those food towers sound awesome. Then again, look at the people in the UK and America that are being prosecuted for growing their own food (Monsanto influencing laws to prevent losses much?).

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
But then there'd be no technology and the magic it brings ;_; But then again, I think life wouldn't be this boring...
Sometimes I'm just derping around on the internet, and in the end I'm like: ''Dafuq am I doing with my life.''
That's not a problem, people in the stone age never complained about lack of electronics! They maybe complained about broken tools but they were able to make new tools.

I also thought about going far far back, maybe 200,000,000 BC (similar to what Rathit suggested). Humans are the worst that ever happened to Earth, we all know it. We are just too selfish to accept it as a fact. Or is it a fact? I'm a human so I'm disqualified to give the answer, and so are every other human. We should ask the ants.
Mammals and humans succeeded thanks to an asteroid. Maybe another asteroid will wipe us out and correct the problem.

I'm not joking. :(

Reactions: svp

L

Lurker
That's not a problem, people in the stone age never complained about lack of electronics! They maybe complained about broken tools but they were able to make new tools.

I also thought about going far far back, maybe 200,000,000 BC (similar to what Rathit suggested). Humans are the worst that ever happened to Earth, we all know it. We are just too selfish to accept it as a fact. Or is it a fact? I'm a human so I'm disqualified to give the answer, and so are every other human. We should ask the ants.
Mammals and humans succeeded thanks to an asteroid. Maybe another asteroid will wipe us out and correct the problem.

I'm not joking. :(
Primal humans weren't that bad. But we've ascended past the level of an animal, despite being one. While we are dominant, the only thing that got us this far was the ability to communicate effectively. Certain primates are factually smarter than humans (on average).

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Primal humans weren't that bad. But we've ascended past the level of an animal, despite being one. While we are dominant, the only thing that got us this far was the ability to communicate effectively. Certain primates are factually smarter than humans (on average).

Some of them are in terms of their short term memory, but other than that, humans have the largest brain-size/body-size ratio, and are therefore much smarter than all others.

Hoady

I don't think anyone called for banning religion, I certainly didn't, I just said it should have it's influence removed from every aspect in life except for people's personal right to believe what they want.

If it is allowed to have influence, we'll never have these food towers, or many other innovative solutions to world problems, because if the world starts getting better, then religion was always wrong, they thrive on the idea that the world is getting worse, because it then means their (insert apocalyptic scenario) is coming, therefore they have a huge hold over people over fear of said apocalyptic scenario.

My word though, those food towers sound awesome. Then again, look at the people in the UK and America that are being prosecuted for growing their own food (Monsanto influencing laws to prevent losses much?).

Alrighty, I seemed to have interpreted things in the wrong way.Yeah i agree with that totally. I think no matter the belief system, you shouldn't impose your values on someone else, even if its better.

I wouldn't say all religious folk have this strict influence, and the ones that do, it can be broken down so they still hold there values but have more of an open mind. I used to attack alot and it got me nowhere, but i am still learning. I can't usually relate to a persons religious belief but i can talk about the needs of human beings and the methods of attaining it. But for say Christianity and someone says"fire is gonna rain!" there are a few people and groups who adopt Christianity, have taken on some of the ideas of science and preserving the earth, so presenting these talkers can possibly help alot to open up new trains of thought.

That is true. Things like the food tower, I don't believe will happen in the current system today. Maybe one or two here or there but nothing revolutionary. Its insane how corporations like Monsanto are allowed to affect laws..but as long as everything is for sale, the one with the most money, has the most power of influence. Most people would label that as corrupt behaviour but really, its just 'business as usual'. Whether blind religion,a politician or a corporation, the same applies.

Top Bottom