• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Resident Evil movies were rebooted with Alice...

Ronin

If there were any hope of Resident Evil movies being rebooted... how would you see it happen well?

Like I know Alice is overrated. But....

What'll happen if Chris Redfield is the main hero & Alice is one of his partners who got affected by the T-Virus? Of course Jill would also be his most special partner.

Ronin

Okay then like if you went back in time.

Alice is the main character of the first film.

In the 2nd film: Chris, Jill & Carlos are in this series besides Peyton. Chris is the 2nd main character. There'll be flashbacks of Chris & Jill in the mansion and the treachery of Albert Wesker.

In the 3rd film: Alice returns, but Chris doesn't return until later. Leon & Claire join in.

In the 4th film: Leon is the main hero but Alice doesn't return. Only this time, its Ada Wong.

In the 5th film: Alice & Chris reunite with Sheva teaming up. Jill returns too but under Wesker's control.

In the 6th film: Jake Muller appears.

Vanex

I don't feel like Alice's character fits in too well within the RE universe, which is why its pretty much accepted to be two separate canons (movie and games). The whole superhuman-powers really was a turnoff for me and made the movie series feel more action orientated than survival horror. I know we're dealing with things such as Tyrants and Wesker who do possess superhuman strength, but I didn't really feel it when the main protagonist was apart of said group. The vulnerability factor present throughout the games is missing in the movies because shes practically invincible for such a majority of the movie series.

The characters are extraordinarily important, but I would appreciate a variety in characters having main roles in the movies than just the one main character we were given (Alice in this instance). Every movie was centered around her, and I found it really repetitive and redundant. I also would not like only one duo/trio (Chris/Jill/Barry - Rebecca/Billy - Ada/Leon) to hold the reigns of the whole reboot, I would like all the characters apart of these duos/trios to be properly presented because they all contributed towards making resident evil what it was.

Ronin

I don't feel like Alice's character fits in too well within the RE universe, which is why its pretty much accepted to be two separate canons (movie and games). The whole superhuman-powers really was a turnoff for me and made the movie series feel more action orientated than survival horror. I know we're dealing with things such as Tyrants and Wesker who do possess superhuman strength, but I didn't really feel it when the main protagonist was apart of said group. The vulnerability factor present throughout the games is missing in the movies because shes practically invincible for such a majority of the movie series.

The characters are extraordinarily important, but I would appreciate a variety in characters having main roles in the movies than just the one main character we were given (Alice in this instance). Every movie was centered around her, and I found it really repetitive and redundant. I also would not like only one duo/trio (Chris/Jill/Barry - Rebecca/Billy - Ada/Leon) to hold the reigns of the whole reboot, I would like all the characters apart of these duos/trios to be properly presented because they all contributed towards making resident evil what it was.

Guess that's tough. I like Alice.

What if...

First movie:
- Alice is one of the main characters. STARS appears to help the victims escape while scouting around the mansion or something. STARS members: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry & Albert Wesker.
- Later on, Chris, Jill & Alice find out that Wesker used them. Wesker unleashes Tyrant.
- What of Matt? He'll return if there is a third movie about him being Nemesis.

Second movie:
- Alice & the others don't return for a while. Leon & Claire are the main protagonists. Ada Wong appears.
- Sherry Berkin appears.
- After credits: Alice appears to have been injected with the T-Virus.

Third movie:
- Jill returns including Alice.
- Nemesis appears and it is Matt.

Fourth movie:
- Leon & Alice are the main protagonists.

Fifth movie:
- Chris & Sheva are the main protagonists.
- Jill & Alice are slaves to Albert Wesker & the Red Queen

Sixth movie:
- Jake Muller, Alice, Chris & Leon are the protagonists
- Sherry Berkin returns teaming up with Jake.
- Alice reveals to Jake that she was the one who killed Wesker.

Last edited:

WidowNamedWong

"They took everything from me... i'll kill them"
If there were any hope of Resident Evil movies being rebooted... how would you see it happen well?

Like I know Alice is overrated. But....

What'll happen if Chris Redfield is the main hero & Alice is one of his partners who got affected by the T-Virus? Of course Jill would also be his most special partner.
Doubt this will ever happen.

DarkJackal

If RE was rebooted with Alice it would just be a different pile of **** like they are today.

It's Resident Evil ffs. Lose Alice, shes a creation from those assholes that wanted more than what RE was. A RE reboot needs to be about RE, mainly RE1. Be centered around Stars, be in the mansion, stop adding and changing things. I don't get whats so bad about the RE story. It has all the ingredients to make an awesome movie.

run b run

Reboot with stars sub story with Leon and Claire but you could start with wesker and Burton possibilities are endless

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.

^This exactly. A reboot of the movies wouldn't warm her up for me. She'll still be Neo from the Matrix getting into fist fights with nemesis.

I honestly don't see the big issue with the movies. They have nothing to do with the games so who cares? I enjoy seeing som familiar characters and monsters here and there in the movies and it's kinda like a second scenario of the Resident Evil Universe. Some people claim that the game series need a reboot.. Maybe this is one example that a reboot might not be the best thing ;)

Ronin

I would see Alice return as one of the main heroes. Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine would be the main ones mostly. Albert Wesker will be set up as the antagonist in later movies when he reveals his true colors.

Leons-sexy-hair

I need brain - two chains the zombie
I know that everyone thinks action sells better but I disagree completely. If they tried they can get a good horror director to reboot the series with more suspense and substance then Anderson's.

Alice doesn't need to be in it at all, she was in it because the director wanted a character for his wife. Apparently a German production company is doing a RE TV show. So hopefully they do it by the original script but that might be too much to ask.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I think it'll be a while before RE movies get rebooted because I believe it's confirmed that after RE final chapter (2017) they will make RE tv series.

Top Bottom