• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 i heard.........

anEpicFaiIure

i heard that if u play solo your AI is retarded as H**l and u have to split all ur stuff and they use all the health they pick up instantly is all this true
i have only done co op cause i think its fun i always do who can kill the most people lol

CiaFutureK

I've heard all the reviews saying that the AI is really stupid and doesn't know how to combine and uses all the health and stuff. That may happen sometimes, but this didn't happen on my playthrough. I though the AI Chris or Sheva both did really well. They combined items nicely, they used the herbs when nesecery etc. I though the AI worked out well, IMO. :D

MoleMan

I thought Sheva's AI was great. As long as you keep them upgraded with you of course, which I have done... Sheva's longbow, once you get it, rapes

Morphosis

To me, her AI was just ok, yes she rarely misses a shot, and no, she doesnt use all your items stupidly, but she has a amazing ability to stay in front of you while youre shooting or stay behind you and shoot your back! Quite problematic, specially when youre near the last chapters, when bullets running low. And lack of commands for her really sucks too, I wud love to have a commnand for Sheva telling her to cover me, staying in a fixed spot, when the place was secured. Well, maybe next time! haahhaah

Die Zombie Die!

She was a tad infuriating at times. She'd use a green herb just before i have the chance to give her a red for combining. And she needs help quite alot, but she's probably not as bad as you've read.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Sheva hardly ever misses. The AI is great as long as you give it good weapons and equipment. Take away the pistol from it though, it'll use its better weapons if you do that.

Morphosis

Die Zombie Die!;30644 said:
She was a tad infuriating at times. She'd use a green herb just before i have the chance to give her a red for combining. And she needs help quite alot, but she's probably not as bad as you've read.

Yes thats exactly it! Its nice that shes quick in healing, but if we have a red herb, its just a waste!

Morphosis

Die Zombie Die!;30647 said:
I gave her a shotgun, pistol and a cattleprod....

Guess what she used to fight lickers haha.

Her bare hands!! ahhahah No just kidding! She'll use pistol! No matter what we face, she uses Pistol, unless a long range situation....

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Sheva will automatically use the weakest weapon you give her by default. So take away her damn handgun! I hear people talk about how bad the AI sucks, but it's ALL because they don't do anything to make it work.

AI Pros.
Aim is excellent. I've yet to see it miss a single shot.
Efficient with machine gun rounds.
Generally knows when to use health.
Generally knows which health to use. IE. Doesn't waste GR herbs if you're yellow.
Great for the dangerous tasks like manning the machine gun on the Irving fight. She magically never gets hit while firing the damn thing.

Cons.
Will always use the weakest weapon weapon as default until it runs out of ammo.
(Fix. Give Sheva tier 2 weapons and up. I gave her the HK as soon as I got it. She pwned with it. My friend gave her the Ithica which should be a tier twenty, but... and said she was pretty good with it. I know she pwns with all the rifles. Actually saved me from a chainsaw Majini with the tier one rifle once.)
Blows through handgun ammo.
(Fix. Don't give her a handgun.)
Takes its sweet time to save you in dire straights.
(Fix. If you're bleeding out, press B or circle a whole lot. Sometimes it actually helps. If you're caught by a licker or dog, or majini, just practice your toggling.)
Doesn't think like a human.
(Fix. Well, you don't like it? Play online.)

biohazard-666

yeah all that is true your partner is a stoler of money O__o and she or he use the sprays and all the green herbs just because you are in caution thats the true man

Biohazard

yes, the AI is really stupid! max out a gun to get infinite amo and just give it to ur AI. makes life really easy

Prix

what

If you put her on ATTACK mode by holding the "O" button she will get off her pistol and go to her shotgun, and use that until she is out of ammo for that then go to the next weekest weapon, I have no Idea what you guys are talking about as far as that goes.

Top Bottom