• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Old Where You When You Started Playing RE

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
The original came out close to 18 years ago, so I started playing when I was about 24. I had just gotten married, had bought a playstation and came across this cool looking game at the local video store. Didn't know the first thing about it. Glad I picked it up.
that's basically what i did. back in the day i used to judge a game by it's cover (literally) and thought, this has a pretty awesome cover, i'll take it

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I was just about to turn 13 when the first one came out, and had anxiously been awaiting it after seeing a feature on it's pending release in an issue of GamePro. The series has had it's claws deep in me since!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I was just about to turn 13 when the first one came out, and had anxiously been awaiting it after seeing a feature on it's pending release in an issue of GamePro. The series has had it's claws deep in me since!

I never remember seeing any promo's or features about the original resident evil :( maybe I was too young and ignorant.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I was 7, and it was, about June or July we got a PS1, at the time the Wal-Mart we got it at was having a deal on a PS1 and 2 games for a fix price. We got Resident Evil Directors Cut (It was brand new tot he market) and Crash bandicoot 3. We played RE1 a few times, here and there but could never get far, well my mother use to raise Morkies (Maltese and Yorkie dogs combined) and this girl came from Ohio University (30 mins away from out po dunk location) and when she came I was playing RE1, and she asked me questions about it, and I told her can't figure out the puzzles, so she helped, and my mom and dad watched. She helped us witht eh picture room puzzle and another smaller one and explained to us the game, and said 'If you get stuck you can go online and look up whats called walkthroughs' well after she left we started to play, and it was a family thing, my dad would play I would get to watch, and mom would watch and read the strategy guide when needed. I played while dad was working, and would go back and get items and such so we could have everything we needed. Anyways we loved the game so much we bought the second one the week RE3 came out, as we didnt know there was a second one, then the third one and well saddly i got every RE/SH/MGS game ever. Mom always said she was glad we picked up RE and MGS, as a lot of other games were ****. Every once in a while I will pop in RE or REDC (Yes I have a copy of each) and play threw nonstop no saves, the real fun is REDC as Chris on Hard, no saves. Always a blast. Anyways, its such a part of my life when my mother passed of cancer this last July we just had I found a guy who makes the STARS emblems, and he is making me one for exterior use, that I am having put on my mothers headstone, as she loved RE, as much as I did... I'm sad now =( But these games are the best to me.

Jamie Queen

1o years old, got a playstation on christmas day 98 and the first resident evil came free with it, they were the days!!

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I first played Resident Evil 2 when i was 10 years old,At first i could barely see my brother play ( who is three years older than me)because i was so scared.XD

Sfamicom

I must've been about 15 or so when I first saw it. My friend had Resident Evil 2 and was almost done with it - and I had the pleasure of watching him play it. From that second, I was hooked.

Top Bottom