• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How many resident evil books are there?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
There's one for each of the classic titles (Zero, the original, 2, 3 and Code Veronica) and two original novels involving Resident Evil characters so I think that's seven. (And then there are the ones based on the movies but those aren't written by S.D. Perry.)

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Ok, so...

Seven books written by S.D. Perry:
- Zero Hour
- Umbrella Conspiracy
- Caliban Cove (side story, not based on game)
- City of Dead
- Nemesis
- Underworld (side story as well)
- Code Veronica

I found "Resident Evil: Rose Blank", written by Tadashi Aizawa. I bought it long time ago, but didn't check offer and it was in German language, so I gave it to my friend as a gift, I think there isn't English version yet. And, besides, now it costs on Amazon almost 4000 GBP, lol :D

Also, if you like Japanese style, five volumes of RE: Marhawa Desire manga comics

And novelization of movies:

"RE Genesis", written by Keith DeCandido
"RE Retribution", written by John Shirley
Another "Genesis" book, written by Thomas Day

also I found " Resident Evil- Pandemia", on Amazon, written by Daniel Quesada de la Cámara, but I'm not sure what is this (and I think it's not in English):p

I think that's all if we talking about story books. Of course you can find many of official and unofficial guides for almost every RE game, but I guess you didn't ask about them :)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I found "Resident Evil: Rose Blank", written by Tadashi Aizawa. I bought it long time ago, but didn't check offer and it was in German language, so I gave it to my friend as a gift, I think there isn't English version yet. And, besides, now it costs on Amazon almost 4000 GBP, lol :D

I just checked and Christ, that's 38 bucks for a used paperback! Also, I noticed an "8" on the German cover. I suppose this is the unofficial 8th book, even though I think Zero Hour was marked, um... "0".

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I also checked, and Rose Blank on Ebay UK costs about 30 British pounds, so it seems that someone on amazon looking for idiot who will pay almost 4 grands for one book.

And, well, cover of this book has similar style like previous books of Perry (new released are different), so, honestly, I don't know that is official book or not. If yes, then why no one translated it for English yet? Quite weird, because title is in English, and I saw in opinions below auction that some people bought it by mistake.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I also checked, and Rose Blank on Ebay UK costs about 30 British pounds, so it seems that someone on amazon looking for idiot who will pay almost 4 grands for one book.

And, well, cover of this book has similar style like previous books of Perry (new released are different), so, honestly, I don't know that is official book or not. If yes, then why no one translated it for English yet? Quite weird, because title is in English, and I saw in opinions below auction that some people bought it by mistake.

I think the book was marked 8 for its German release to tie in with Perry's novels in an attempt to make more money. Although translating it to English would make more money too, I'm sure.

Top Bottom