• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How long have you been a fan?

Aletheiia90

Claire Lover
Fan since 1998, i saw my cousin play RE3 and even i was scared af, i loved it!
The first RE i play was Code Veronica, and i fall inn love with it, i've played most of them,
missing the Chronicles, Outbreaks and Zero. Already played RE7, and currently playing RE6 with my brother :D

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
been a fan for 15 plus years now. way back in the day my city had a very questionable game shop. my first copy of resident evil wasn't exactly legit but it cost me next to nothing. been a fan ever since.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I became a fan in 2000, I think. There was a short article about RE3 in a little booklet that came with another game I bought, it didn't say anything about the story, but the thought of fighting flesh-eating zombies as a woman in a mini-skirt was enough to catch my interest me back then.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'd say around the time Resident Evil 3 was released. I believe I had read an advertisement on the packaging for Dino Crisis that it created by the same peeps so I decided to give it a shot.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I've been a fan since 2006 when I got a copy of Devil May Cry 2 for dirt cheap (like 10 dollars) at a local pawnshop. I immediately thought Dante was so cool and the gameplay was so fun with my only gripes really being the difficulty being to easy and story being to bland, other than that I thought the gameplay as well as designs namely Dante's where all great.

Afterwards I heard from a friend that DMC2 is actually the weakest entry within the current 3 games in the series and how I should definitely go back and play DMC1 and DMC3, of course I did and since then I've been a huge fan of the series.

Noble Alfred

Emulated RE3 on my PC and ran around confused, scared and witless. Around the time RE4 was the hottest thing.

noctorro

Oddly enough, I was becoming a fan of the game in late 1998, in the same time frame that the games' events were taking place in. Remained a fan until 2012 - the ORC / RE6 era. Got excited about RE7 when it was announced, but quickly died down when the announced it was first person (I cannot because vertigo). RE2Make is the first time I've been legitimately excited about an RE game in 6 years.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Oddly enough, I was becoming a fan of the game in late 1998, in the same time frame that the games' events were taking place in. Remained a fan until 2012 - the ORC / RE6 era. Got excited about RE7 when it was announced, but quickly died down when the announced it was first person (I cannot because vertigo). RE2Make is the first time I've been legitimately excited about an RE game in 6 years.

You should definitely try looking into Revelations 2. Best game since Resident Evil 4, and it feels like a much better sequel to RE5 than 6 was. Wasn't much a fan of 7 either.

noctorro

You should definitely try looking into Revelations 2. Best game since Resident Evil 4, and it feels like a much better sequel to RE5 than 6 was. Wasn't much a fan of 7 either.

I did, actually - and it was super fun but I never picked it up again after finishing it. My interest in RE after RE5 disappeared. TBH it started with RE4. I think because every installment rotated through the same roster of characters with a virus of the day, city of the day, and bad guy of the day. (the fanboy fire got re-lit in me with the announcement of Re2make, hence my presence on this forum lol)

Whereas with RE0-3, and Outbreak, every game felt like a chapter of a much broader story. It boggles my mind that there are RE fans who's experience with the series is not defined by Raccoon City and Umbrella.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I did, actually - and it was super fun but I never picked it up again after finishing it. My interest in RE after RE5 disappeared. TBH it started with RE4. I think because every installment rotated through the same roster of characters with a virus of the day, city of the day, and bad guy of the day. (the fanboy fire got re-lit in me with the announcement of Re2make, hence my presence on this forum lol)

Whereas with RE0-3, and Outbreak, every game felt like a chapter of a much broader story. It boggles my mind that there are RE fans who's experience with the series is not defined by Raccoon City and Umbrella.

I totally agree. RE4 was the beginning of the end for the franchise for me. Each installment since has been nothing but Capcom testing out trends and selling them with the Resident Evil name. It's become soulless. Though, I'm surprised Revelations 2 didn't reignite your interest.

Personally, I thought they botched the design by making it episodic and cutting the experience into pieces, rather than applying the classic design which would have worked excellently in the island and prison setting. But the gameplay was so perfect and the atmosphere, tone, and story all felt like a return to form. It finally felt like there was indeed a broader picture being set up, and its connections to RE5 and the first Revelations finally made the series feel like it was being expanded in a meaningful way. You also mentioned being tired of them rotating through the same roster of characters, but Revelations 2 brought back some long lost faces.

I don't know man, I think you should give the game another playthrough. You might appreciate it more now that you're excited for the series again. That's just how I feel though. REmake 2 does look pretty amazing despite not offering what I wanted from it, being the classic experience but enhanced much like the original REmake. My only concern is that it looks like it might be too easy to be scary, much like every Resident Evil game since 4.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
First played Resident Evil 3: Nemesis at my uncle's place back in 1999. However when I bought my PS2 later I actually started playing the Silent Hill games instead and became a huge fan of those. For almost two decades I've been constantly overlooking the Resident Evil series, dismissing it as inferior to Silent Hill. But I finally decided to give up my ignorance this year, and I have been completely hooked ever since I completed the Resident Evil remastered remake for the PS4 a few months ago. I'm currently playing Resident Evil Zero and I can't wait until the RE2 remake comes out.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Probably around March of 1998. I was 11 years old and played RE2 (on easy). It was pure torture. But I managed to beat it. I always felt like I was only okay at video games up until that point. But beating a "grown up" games like RE2 made me feel like I could probably be great. Now, I am 32 and I am still just okay. haha

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
For me, it all started with RE2 and RE3 when I was around 6 years old.

For some reason we played more RE3 than RE2, and Nemesis haunted my nightmares on many occasions... But oddly, especially considering I was a child, I loved being scared. :p

G1bb0

HCF Operative
Since the OG on Ps1.
I've played all the main franchise games but haven't ventured away from those often.

Top Bottom