• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 How is the demo?

dark_zero

Leons demo was the best. Chris feels more like a shooter game. Jake's was alright still looking forward to playing this.
Some of the controls were off and I didnt like the fact that my laser scope is so tiny but other than that looks like a good game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
To be quite honest, I really expected more from RE6; something sort of spectacular. I don't think I can handle over thirty hours of gameplay with this, I don't believe it can hold my attention that long - even with the scenario/gameplay switching. Jake's scenario looks to be my favorite so far, though Leon's scenario is startlingly loyal to the series.

And no matter what, I'll always find it hilariously ironic that the character who started it all with survivor horror has the action sequence while the, up-to-this-point, action star has the survival horror element. (I don't quite think I'll ever be able to forgive Capcom for that little show of favouritism either.)

Reactions: Hel

Feng-Hi

I have purposfully avoided playing the demo so that I'm fresh for release. That said I'm nobig fan of demos but I have seen a mix of reviews of the demo......still going to take a gamble on 6 pre order......I'm trying to forget Dark Side Chronicles!!!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Came home last night, bang the demo is finally available to download in England... I thought I had to get dragons dogma just to try the demo. I was told demo release date was in august, wrong.

Anyway the demo is really nice, games changed completely though. I think ...kids now the masters back aha *cracks knuckles -- tear drops* I've been away for quite some time and I've not cared to delve deeper into the ins and outs of this game. But it looks like you can counter the enemy when being attacked. Didn't notice anyone mention that in this thread which leads me to believe maybe its not known to people yet or.. Mentioned in another thread =/

The game is still awesome. Plays very much like army of two and just cause 2 imo.
urh, the lowdown I found a emblem it* was blue and shiny how exciting lol and the last level with Jake you can use the handcannon, I like.

Games shaping up nice. =) Here was my odd interpretation of how the game ends, whoever you play survives = 3 different game endings. haha =P

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yes you can counter, and theres a stamina meter which goes down if you use too much melee, I've been playing a lot of demo today and finding some new tricks. The melees aren;t as bad as I first thought, the attacks from behind work best if you hold RT dont try to tap it. Also I found out you can tag or mark enemies by aiming at them at pressing B plus up on Dpad ('Move in') puts a marker on their head and your AI team mate shoots them

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
You can also quick fire when you press LT and RT together, change the camera facing behind you or sideways and your player does a neat ass over tit action dive while shooting in that direction so long as your holding a shotgun or something 2 handed.

jw1322

Downloaded it today, I really enjoyed it. I was wary at first after reading a lot of negative feedback about it, but I think a lot of it is unfounded (or I'm really easy to impress, both are just as likely :D)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Jw i like the demo a lot dont get me wrong, i think the game will be really good. I was just mostly annoyed with the camera angle when you aim the camera is far too low down the character and makes it a weird angle. I think it changes depending on the gun in use though, for example Helena's shotgun had a really nice angle from the bottom left , the Mp5 also looked ok with Chris, its mostly the Handguns- Sherrys triple shot handgun has the lazer on the top of the gun which looks terrible as it angles down instead of up.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i have a question (specifically the xbox 360 version), so.... does said demo have the online-multiplayer mercenary mode, if so. is Ada Wong, available on said game mode. cause after seeing, damnation (Resident Evil Damnation that is) it got me all hyped up, on Capcom's resident evil, cause for one i do not want to shell out 60, just for mercenary mode on the upcoming resident evil 6 (that and the plot on said game isn't to my liking, side-wise that is, cause i prefer to be on the antiprotagonist side, rather than be the protangonist).

Natrix

Hey guys,

nice to meet you. :)

There is a glitch in the demo. You can skip the reload animation of each Snipe between the shots. You can see it in this short video (sorry for the bad quality ^ ^). In the description you can read how this glitch works. Have fun with it! ;)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i have a question (specifically the xbox 360 version), so.... does said demo have the online-multiplayer mercenary mode, if so. is Ada Wong, available on said game mode. cause after seeing, damnation (Resident Evil Damnation that is) it got me all hyped up, on Capcom's resident evil, cause for one i do not want to shell out 60, just for mercenary mode on the upcoming resident evil 6 (that and the plot on said game isn't to my liking, side-wise that is, cause i prefer to be on the antiprotagonist side, rather than be the protangonist).

It doesn't have Mercenaries mode in the demo but it will have it in the full game. And its rumoured Ada will be playable in Mercenaries seeing as she has the unlockable campaign. You can watch footage from the new Mercenaries mode and bits of Ada's campaign on youtube if you've not already seen it

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
It doesn't have Mercenaries mode in the demo but it will have it in the full game. And its rumoured Ada will be playable in Mercenaries seeing as she has the unlockable campaign. You can watch footage from the new Mercenaries mode and bits of Ada's campaign on youtube if you've not already seen it

ah cheers for this information commrade' as i am merely only interested in playing Mercenaries and in wonder about Ada's avaliablity in Mercenaries, as i am not willing to shell out 60 plus bones, to just play Mercenaries. And thanks to your information it is helpful, and yes i am well aware of this 4th campain in the 6th Resident Evil, but as i have stated and many thanks to your information, i have my final decision. and commrade many thanks.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Nope, not interested in playing the demo. i rather wait it out and get the full version....and see it in its finished product glory goodness. will be enjoying it in 1080 goodness at that.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I really enjoy the type of enemies they throw at us on various parts

Although Zombies are a drag rather than fun to kill

Also the bosses ( Chainsaw Zombie thing-Jake)
(Ustanak looking monster-chris)
(Naked Mutated old whitch-Leon)

Freak me out with the sound effects rather than their looks....

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I really enjoy the type of enemies they throw at us on various parts

Although Zombies are a drag rather than fun to kill

Also the bosses ( Chainsaw Zombie thing-Jake)
(Ustanak looking monster-chris)
(Naked Mutated old whitch-Leon)

Freak me out with the sound effects rather than their looks....

I prefer enemies like zombies and mutated Bow;s. I dont really like the shooting ones .
I would have been happier with a mix of both in some sections rather than having zombies strictly for leon...

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I loved it.

Leon's campaign is very much back to a creepy, dark, sort of anxious atmosphere, which I loooove. I'm also a fan of kicking undead/infected ass as well, so Chris' campaign is also great since it is very much action oriented. Jake's campaign seems to be a bit of both horror and action, which is just genius (why didn't they do this with RE5?).

Overall an awesome demo, with action and horror, so these "RIP Resident Evil" people can now be satisfied (well, not so much it seems, I think it's complaining for the sake of complaining, we can't have a mansion or Raccoon City in every single main title xD).

Something for everyone in this title I think, more money for Capcom and more happy customers, especially with practically 4 games for the price of 1 ;)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
So, I was playing through the demo as Helena the other night and happened to catch Leon in the background duel-wielding pistols. Is that something the player can do as well? Because it was pretty sweet!

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
So, I was playing through the demo as Helena the other night and happened to catch Leon in the background duel-wielding pistols. Is that something the player can do as well? Because it was pretty sweet!

No way! I wasn't able to do that as Leon, then again I didn't think of trying it, but still there didn't seem to be the option.

Would be awesome if we could in the final product :D

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent

i would assume you choose the Leon segment of the campain and you were given a choice to choose either Leon or Helena (since you've choosen Leon's campain) yes? no?

EDIT: ah, nevermind i know someone who can confirm this and this someone is somebody who is a member of this site.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Yeah, you can duel-wield with Leon, and to my knowledge he is the only character who can do this(who knows, maybe there is a level up option to do so after it's released.) But to do so, when you have your handgun out just hit "Y" while aiming(X-box, obvz) and you'll duel-wield. Try it with the "quick shot" option, it looks awesome lolz.

Top Bottom