• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 How come Gina didn't mutate?

phantasmbabeivory

She had to be pretty scared when that creature was chasing her. You could argue that she was mortally wounded, but that didn't stop Alex from coming back.

Any chance of seeing more of Gina in DLC content?

wanderer

battle master
Alex had little fear to work with. she willingly shot herself because she knows from past experiments she can transfer her mind into a new body. what the terrasave victims were injected with seems like it only works with fear. so Alex cannot be the example to use here.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It's possible that if you are killed before the virus could take effect maybe there is no transformation because the host is deceased before the virus could kick In.

Alex felt fear enough to trigger the virus just as she was pulling the trigger which caused the virus to be in effect and resurrect her.

So either the same thing happened to gina but claire and moria had already left by this point and she eventually became a Rotten or she just died outright

Last edited:

Denzil22

Premium
It's possible that if you are killed before the virus could take effect maybe there is no transformation because the host is deceased before the virus could kick In.

Alex felt fear enough to trigger the virus just as she was pulling the trigger which caused the virus to be in effect and resurrect her.

So either the same thing happened to gina but claire and moria had already left by this point and she eventually became a Rotten or she just died outright
Yeah I think this is correct if you get killed it must stop the the virus from working

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Regardless of the somewhat out of place comparison to Alex, it's a fair question. Gina was being chased around the facility for a while and then finally had enough time to make a dramatic exit in front of Claire and Moira, so she had plenty of time for the virus to kick in. If she's anything like Rachel then she was definitely scared when the afflicted was chasing her, plus you could hear her scream, so I'm not sure why she didn't mutate, honestly. It was probably just too early in the story to introduce the concept, but they still had to get the "kill a useless Foley at the beginning of a revelations game" out of their system.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
One of the files states that there is a variance between men and women.
And the only thing that is said if I remember correctly is that men become more agressive (afflicted) and the women suffer a very agonising ordeal.
So maybe it takes more for women to mutate or something?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
One of the files states that there is a variance between men and women.
And the only thing that is said if I remember correctly is that men become more agressive (afflicted) and the women suffer a very agonising ordeal.
So maybe it takes more for women to mutate or something?
I just found the file. It's from The Sluice Operator's Last Words.

'The virus has breached the facility’s containment measures.

Men are driven mad by it. And the women…they suffer horribly before dying. Honestly, I don’t know which is worse.'

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I just found the file. It's from The Sluice Operator's Last Words.

'The virus has breached the facility’s containment measures.

Men are driven mad by it. And the women…they suffer horribly before dying. Honestly, I don’t know which is worse.'
Thats the one.
So maybe women don't always mutate.
I would Have liked them to expand upon this though

Reactions: Jen

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'll expand it for you: The developers were too lazy to make female Afflicted models and voices, so they had to come up with an excuse as to why women don't mutate. Case solved.

Top Bottom