• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hi =3

B

Blood Crest

I tried it. Never got it to work properly =\
I should try again sometime in the winter, i guess.
VIII is the one with Squall/Leon, gun blades or w/e they're called if I remember correctly..

3d-agent

its Squall Lionheart and yes his weapon is gun-blade...one of my fav game.. i can tell u the setting of the emu if u want to play that game..

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
theres actually a better emu than the epsxe,

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

you only have to download one bios for it, "scph1001" put that in the psx folder and your good to go.

it doesnt need constant tweaking to play games, i have things like ff7-9, tomb raider 1-3 , silent hill, chrono chross, legend of dragoon on it, and they all play 100% perfect and smoothly.

B

Blood Crest

Hmm, I'll go try that out now...
psx? What? And I thought there was only ps1, ps2, and ps3 =_=

Silent Hill >=D

EDIT: What do I stick in the bios folder?/ WHere do i find 'scph10001'?
Thanks
And when I DO load .isos, do i load the .mdf or .mds?
I'm only use to loading image files through daemon and then running the .exe for pc games.

EDIT2: I think I got it.... =\

B

Blood Crest

Hmm, thanks. But I like romulation.net better. (check it out)

I dled Resident Evil Survivor, and yeah it came in a .mdf and a .mds =/ I could load it, but it froze for some reason. And what about the PS memory cards? Castlevania SotN says I can't save as I have no memory card =_=

Thanks

aintnoscrub

Premium
it says you have to be a member to download.
do you have to pay to be a member?

i want resident evil survivor, its not on emuparadise, cant seem to find it elsewhere.
the memory card, i'll have to load up my psx emu to see about that, i cant remember how i did it.

B

Blood Crest

No, it's completely free to become a member. They have ALL the iso/roms, they are numbered from 0001 to whatever number we are currently at. (At least the DS and GBA sections are like that)

Get back to me on the memory card?
And what about PS2 emulators, which one is the best?

aintnoscrub

Premium
for some reason my psx memory card folder has resident evil 3 BIN file in it lol and it works.
i didnt put it in there, but i went file-memory card, and when it said not inserted, thr drop down tab had that listed as a valid memory card, so i used that. :S
also you dont need a memory card, you can use the sava state and quick save feature.
save state saves the exact bit your on, and quick save uses the F1, F2...buttons.
F6 is quick save 1, F1 is quick load 1 etc.
use that instead.
and i havent used a ps2 emu before, i still got my old ps2 so never really been bothered to find out about one.
but i have never seen that many ps2 iso's about, so i guess that put me off as well.

btw thanks for that site, got RE:survivor downloading now =)

3d-agent

[quote author=NightKry link=topic=487.msg18908#msg18908 date=1229558539]
And what about PS2 emulators, which one is the best?
[/quote]

Its PCSX2, just search the google and u'll find it.

And one more thing it requires very big PC-rig..at least Intel Core-2-Duo.2Ghz, 1GB-Ram.and 256MB-GPU witch support at least Pixel shader 2.0..just to run it. Mine is decent enough to run games like Smack down vs Raw 2008 at 35-50 FPS, not very good but playable...and its still in development so it support very limited amount of games. And it also require PS2 bios and different plugins to run games.

If u want it i'll try to upload mine(it contains all required plugins and bios) and Pm u the link, to save u the trouble of downloading all the stuff.
Just dont be shy to ask. 8)

B

Blood Crest

Lol, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll wait till it supports more games =\

As for the memory card, i figured it out; all you have to do is name the memory cards under 'options' and you're good to go. Save states for some reason don't work for me, but oh well.

Btw, did you get RE Survivor working? It's not a .iso like the others, it's a .mdf and a .mds so I don't know how to launch it.

(It loads, then a black screen with weird txt/circle)

3d-agent

use daemon tools, it'll create the virtual cd-rom lets say "X" drive...mount your mdf file in this drive and select this drive i your cdrom plugin. thats it.

B

Blood Crest

Ahhh. i see. So mount the .mdf

Thanks.

EDIT: It only lets you mount the .mds, and when i mount it, boot up the psx emulator, and go 'insert cd drive (which i press okay on the entire F: drive, for me), it freezes the emulator up. Then it just crashes.

B

Blood Crest

Thanks for the pic, but I'm actually using psxfin =\

The other one was just... =_=

Thanks again. You wouldn't possibly know how to get this to work, would you?

B

Blood Crest

Hmmm.... it sorta didn't say.
I'm mounting the .mdf w/ daemon, and 'inseting CD drive', but i think it's a daemon problem.
Others are using alcohol, and it works. =\
Thanks anyway.

Hoady

I remember i used Epsxe a few months ago i just looked on youtube and eventually found a good tutorial for setting it up it was actually fairly easy considering i'm a brickhead when it comes to computers.I don't have it anymore though our computer crapped up so i'm using another one and the playstation files use bulk downloads.

I don't know what all this thing about 'daemon tools' is though i just put in a few plugins and it worked.

Top Bottom