• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

hey

faggot

im a big re4 fan and got it for ps2 back in christmas 05 (recently got gc one though for 5 dollars and it still is funner than the new games out) i have re5 for 360. im looking forward to resident evil portable.
my favorite characters are leon and ada

also i dont mean to offend anyone of the gay community with my username (i should probably put that disclaimer in my sig right?)

faggot

Weskers Shades;63230 said:
er welcome...faggot ? lol
wtf man j/k
but thanks for the welcome and hopefully i am allowed to keep my username as it has cultural significance to me

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
faggot;63235 said:
wtf man j/k
but thanks for the welcome and hopefully i am allowed to keep my username as it has cultural significance to me
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I absolutely do not intend to be unwelcoming, but your username does concern me. I understand that 'faggot' might be a culturally significant term for some individuals, but the issue I have with it is that it is not a positive or progessive term. It's a disparaging and offensive term used to refer to a homosexual man. My two best friends are gay, and I know they would never use this term to define themselves, because as I said, it has a rather degrading connotation to it. So, if you wouldn't mind explaining why you feel it is appropriate, it would certainly help put me at ease as right now I'm very wary about someone using this particular screenname.

Thanks. :)

faggot

La Femme Fatale;63245 said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I absolutely do not intend to be unwelcoming, but your username does concern me. I understand that 'faggot' might be a culturally significant term for some individuals, but the issue I have with it is that it is not a positive or progessive term. It's a disparaging and offensive term used to refer to a homosexual man. My two best friends are gay, and I know they would never use this term to define themselves, because as I said, it has a rather degrading connotation to it. So, if you wouldn't mind explaining why you feel it is appropriate, it would certainly help put me at ease as right now I'm very wary about someone using this particular screenname.

Thanks. :)
i was playing warcraft 3 and had this minimised im sorry i could not answer in a more timely manner

i understand the sentiments of the gay community but it wasnt originally meant as an offensive term toward gay people and we as the people can all turn words such as this around by denying the power of the word being offensive.

plus i am not refering to anyone as it, it just is a symbol against oppresion a metaphor for the struggles we must all engage in

also when i was a kid i had made up this character named toggaf pronounced (Toh-gauf) and he progressed as i progressed almost as if he is in an alternate dimmension sometimes i carry out metal conversations with toggaf who has even helped me prevent dangerous decisions such as thinking of knifing my throat and doing the world a favor (that was back during my emo days lol) because toggaf and his influence on me i kind of feel he is part of me hence why i refer to myself as faggot online

sorry for lack of puncuation, spelling etc. but im trying to explain this quickly as i never had to really to my other online communities they just accepted me and the only odd thing about me ( which isnt even that odd)

edit again: sorry i must also note that the presence of the exact spelling was because i was called faggot when i was a kid during school so while i previously viewed him as togaf i learned of the word faggot and two gs just made so much more since as two seperations of though connected by the same mind

also i apologise for my explanation im not to bright and i sincerly wish i could explain it in more details with more facts

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
faggot;63229 said:
also i dont mean to offend anyone of the gay community with my username (i should probably put that disclaimer in my sig right?)
Welcome to the forum! Please enjoy your stay.

I see the background for your username, but why not spell it Toggaf as it was originally?
I am sorry to say this, but I dislike sexual references (or words that can be interpreted as such) as usernames. I find it objectionable. If the staff decides that you can keep your current name and you decide to keep it, I shall not file a complaint on it.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i could say alot more offensive things so i don't think a username should offend you in such a way you need make a fuss about it.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
This reminds me of a episode of south park, the word fag gets a new definition in the dictionary "a harley davidson bike rider = fag" lol it was a well funny episode theres a massive gang of bikers trying to be hard and everyone just calls em fag haha lol..

Anywayy... Welcome ! < : P

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
i understand the sentiments of the gay community but it wasnt originally meant as an offensive term toward gay people and we as the people can all turn words such as this around by denying the power of the word being offensive.

plus i am not refering to anyone as it, it just is a symbol against oppresion a metaphor for the struggles we must all engage in
I understand your reasoning for doing so, in fact I was expecting something along those lines. Although I don't like it, I will let it slide as there really isn't much I can do about it anyway. Just a hint of advice though; I think if you're going to try to represent the struggles of the gay community as a form of metaphor for oppression as a whole, it might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with it more. 'Queer' would have been a better term - because that is the term the gay community is currently trying to take back and use as self-empowerment even though it does have a similar history. My problem with calling yourself 'faggot' is that it is little different from calling yourself the N word which would not be acceptable here.

So, as I said - I'm not crazy about it but I'm going to let it slide. And welcome to the forums. :)

faggot

thank you all for your warm welcomes
Romero;63253 said:

Welcome to the forum! Please enjoy your stay.

I see the background for your username, but why not spell it Toggaf as it was originally?
I am sorry to say this, but I dislike sexual references (or words that can be interpreted as such) as usernames. I find it objectionable. If the staff decides that you can keep your current name and you decide to keep it, I shall not file a complaint on it.
i understand your concern but i dont use toggaf mainly because of the fact that toggaf and i are mirrored and i just wouldn't feel comfortable stealing his name

La Femme Fatale;63305 said:
I understand your reasoning for doing so, in fact I was expecting something along those lines. Although I don't like it, I will let it slide as there really isn't much I can do about it anyway. Just a hint of advice though; I think if you're going to try to represent the struggles of the gay community as a form of metaphor for oppression as a whole, it might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with it more. 'Queer' would have been a better term - because that is the term the gay community is currently trying to take back and use as self-empowerment even though it does have a similar history. My problem with calling yourself 'faggot' is that it is little different from calling yourself the N word which would not be acceptable here.

So, as I said - I'm not crazy about it but I'm going to let it slide. And welcome to the forums. :)
thank you for being understanding and i will not make you regret letting me keep my username :)

L

Lurker
Welcome. We eat brains in that run down elevator over there. Theres about 3 brains left if you want one.

faggot

Rathit;63343 said:
Welcome. We eat brains in that run down elevator over there. Theres about 3 brains left if you want one.

thank you *puts one in a baggy* im not hungry now but i will save it for later :)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Rathit;63343 said:

Actually...*wipes mouth* there aren't any brains left >____>

Top Bottom