• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Helpful Hints

RegeneratorHater24

Lol I don't think Del Lago would want her.
Ashley: AH ITS GOING TO EAT ME! LEON HELP!
Del lago: -.- I'm not even coming after you
Ashley: AH!! Save me people on shore!
Monks: Muere Muere Muere *picks ashley up*
Ashley: Thanks guys.... you can put me down now.... LEON HELP!

From one situation to another :D

JerichoGreye

If one doesn't mind if I provide a few helpful hints?

These are just some basics...

-Don't waste ammo when it isn't necessary. Although this is one for the older RE games, I s'ppose it can go the same for this one.

-Watch out behind you. You never know what can sneak up behind you during the heat of fighting off hordes of enemies. I've found myself facing this problem countless times. To combat this, just make sure to look behind you every so often and listen up for the enemies chatter.

-Upgrade only the weapons you use the most if you have trouble. Upgrading weapons just for the sake of upgrading isn't smart and is a waste. Not to say once you beat the game a few times and you get bored that you can't upgrade everything. Play it smart though, until you have the hang of things.

I also read earlier about problems facing Verdugo (or Salazar's right hand) on professional. I've actually beat the game on professional on the Gamecube, Playstation 2, and the Wii, so perhaps I could provide a few pointers.

-Run. As soon as you get the chance, run. If you don't have the right equipment, staying to fight this creature is a deathwish. If you want the treasure it holds, it can wait for another playthrough.

-If you want the treasure, it's a must that you have the right equipment. The correct equipment includes:

Chicago Typewriter
Three First Aid Sprays (Or more, if you have the room)
Five Three Combo Herbs (These can be three greens, green/red/yellow, or any other combination that I have forgotten. Also, if you like First Aid Sprays better, go with them. Just make sure you have enough.)
Rocket Launcher/ Infinite Launcher (If you can't afford them, then don't worry about it.)

-With the proper equipment, you're ready to fight this beast. What you need to do is when you're trapped in the first area, you'll need to run around the area and dodge Verdugo's attacks. Make sure to keep pelting it with the Chicago Typewriter. Only use the nitrogen tanks when you're prepared to use the rocket launcher or need to do more damage with the Chicago Typewriter. Once the whole map opens up, lead it towards the nitrogen tanks, only using them when you're in a tight situation. Make sure you don't corner yourself, because that's the worst thing you could possibly do. The Chicago Typewriter will slow it down, and with automatic fire and infinite ammo, this gun plays a big part in killing this creature. It'll go down with not too much work. Just make sure you don't corner yourself, and have patience.

Ada-Wong-Fan

-If ur really running low on ammo on pro villagers with pitchforks can easily be taken out with the knife as when the swing it move bk, thn run forward and swipe there face, kick thm and knife thm on the floor. i usually do this mostly without losing health.

- In the castle levels, buy a rifle if you havnt already this will be handy in most of the levels within the castle section.

- Whn fightin in the house with Luis against the evil people, stay quite close to him as he gives throws free ammo for u to pick up.

-Whn facing tht plant thing or whtever it is (u no tht man thts a midget) make sure u hav a rocket launcher, this will help alot.

-Whn facin El Big troll man if u hav a powerful gun, u can shoot the growth on its back rather than climb on him and knife him.

Tht all ive got, soz if i hav re-mentioned any other posts.....cya around

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
the biggest way to save ammo is..with the handgun..shoot once right in the face, and then run in for the kick..
gets them on the floor allowing you to pass.
plus saves about 5-6 shots trying to kill them.
and if you wanna kill them, after the kick, get knifing.

if you really cba with bosses make sure u have a rocket launcher for each...simple

with salazar...if your short on ammo..go to the lower floor, and those spider like bugs are unlimited so get in a corner and use ur knife, and you will start getting ammo back..

remember kids tune up your weapons...

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
RE4
Things I did on Pro Mode.
When your killing salazar

Its boring but stay in one corner, as far into the corner.
An make sure you keep shooting the tentacle closest to you then this way all you have to do is shoot the eye from the corner (an the tentacle when it pops out so it dont whip you) if you do this nothing can hurt you.

Just shoot salazar when he pops out an repeat lol easy as pie, boring as pie to though. Have to be a okay shot to : p like me haha HEADSHOT!
---
And with the right hand man, you'd think it is bullet proof
but if you shoot it's eyes when they [glow=red,2,300]glow red [/glow] that hurts him. Timing can be tricky though.
---

If you have the sniper riful Run past a few enemeys get a few one behind the other an you can get a multi headshot thats always fun to try as well : D

For now thats all i can think of.

Hoady

-If your low on ammo shoot the ganandos shins as there running for an escape and even a good laugh.
-Don't upgrade the mine throwers exclusive its stupid because it homes in on the enemy your not trying to shoot.
-In the lava pit in the castle shoot the chains where the stone dragon pits pop up so you can avoid getting grilled.

Hoady

If you can't bothered waiting for saddlers eyes to pop up use a the minethrower to drop him instantly.Proceed with a magnum.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
[quote author=Hoady link=topic=5.msg16287#msg16287 date=1227670382]
If you can't bothered waiting for saddlers eyes to pop up use a the minethrower to drop him instantly.Proceed with a magnum.
[/quote]
You can always shank him in the eyeball too!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Its best to use a magmun though, I think thats worse then getting stabbed ..being shot in the eye.

Master_of_Unlocking

When you get to place in the village where you soon meet the first giant and the dog who comes to save (you get locked in)there are loads of crows. Use a grenade or rocket launcer on them and they will give you grenades, money and a spinel. Shoot all crows (one shot needed) for rewards.
Oh and dont forget to shoot birdsnests for ammo and small bits of treasure(especially around the lake and graveyard).

Redfield99

When you go into the mezzanine hall in the castle ( where there are like 50 monks.) Equip a grenade and sprint up to hit the line in the middle of the room, thenconstantly move around while uloading with the TMP. Worked really well for me.

Hoady

When you fight El gigante and that thing snaps out of his spine instead of going on his back and cutting it use a powerful weapon, even one good magnum bullet on professional can take him down.You could always just rpg him in the face though.

L

Lurker
On salazars right hand you can kill it with nitrous and a rl. you hae to be very swift though. once he gets frozen walk up to him as fast as you can. Because of splash damage he will explode when you shoot.

ResidentZelda

Before you enter the room where you fight Salzar there's a Merchant, don't try to be a smartass and kill him "just for fun", buy a rocket launcher and upgrade your TMP you'll need both.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Before you enter the room where you fight Salzar there's a Merchant, don't try to be a smartass and kill him "just for fun", buy a rocket launcher and upgrade your TMP you'll need both.
Once you get the hang of it, Salazar is actually a rediculously easy boss. It can just be time consuming if you don't have your weapons completely tuned up by that point. It's so easy to avoid damage, you don't really need a rocket launcher. A couple of shotgun shots to the tenticle, and then hit the eye and then Salazar himself with the rifle, repeat a couple of times and you should be laughing. :)

ResidentZelda

La Femme Fatale;44731 said:

Once you get the hang of it, Salazar is actually a rediculously easy boss. It can just be time consuming if you don't have your weapons completely tuned up by that point. It's so easy to avoid damage, you don't really need a rocket launcher. A couple of shotgun shots to the tenticle, and then hit the eye and then Salazar himself with the rifle, repeat a couple of times and you should be laughing. :)

but still it's like WAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster if you use the rocket launcher IMO :)

L

Lurker
it is faster if you use the rl, i awlays use it... or i go on him chicago style on him...

Top Bottom