• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Help/Tips needed to join a friend CO OP online!

Diamondsxo

Hey guys, my partner and I have been trying for over an hour to join a friend's game session. We've tried searching for each other's created games and still no luck. I don't know really what we are doing wrong or if it's the server/network or what, so if anyone understands what we are dealing with could you please post a.s.a.p. as we really don't want to be spending all day on trying to connect with a friend, lol. Cheers in advance.

eX29-

It's easy! Let say you create the game, make it private and send your buddy an invite. Before your buddy accepts your request, have him start a game solo with the same difficulty that you made for your game. Once he enters his game, wait for the saving icon to finish and he exits/quits his game, joins your invite. This will save his difficulty so when he joins your request he will be playing on that difficulty. If he does not do this and only accepts your invite he will be playing on normal difficulty or whatever difficulty he last played since being logged into the game.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
If you just send him an invite, and he accepts it won't count his progress in the campaign at all, on any difficulty.

Set up a match, you need to take note of all the settings you put in for the match, and have him copy them EXACTLY, if even 1 thing is off it won't work. When your partner has matched your settings, you go into the menu where it says 'PLAYER 1: LEON. PLAYER 2: WAITING' and have him hit search, you should come up and he can join that way.

eX29's still holds true, if he's been on Easy, his will be on Easy, so make sure your difficultys match :)

Diamondsxo

Thank you for your quick replies but unfortunately we cannot connect still, we cannot find anything we are doing wrong but we will keep trying these methods and thank you again.

Diamondsxo

We just got Resident Evil 6 today and were excited to get home and play it online with a friend... we had no problems with RE5 this shizz is strange as hell :-/

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i think she's talking about the "Failed to connect to game" thing, in which can happen a few or couple times....i've had this "thing" happen to me, the only answer to this is keep sending that game invite until you two connect :)

Diamondsxo

Bingo! That is EXACTLY what is happening, sorry I may not have been specific enough, but is this true? We really have to keep re-sending the invite? Is there something wrong with the server of RE6? Because it's a great game and I hope they get around to fixing whatever it is that's glitchy...

Diamondsxo

Well the boys are continually trying to connect, and it keeps coming up as "failed", they are about to give up :-( I guess it's a black ops sesh tonight.... Thanks again for trying people maybe we will try another day as this is becoming a joke and quite frustrating lol...

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Bingo! That is EXACTLY what is happening, sorry I may not have been specific enough, but is this true? We really have to keep re-sending the invite? Is there something wrong with the server of RE6? Because it's a great game and I hope they get around to fixing whatever it is that's glitchy...

well from my experiences, on said problem.....it looks like that this is the only solution, that being keep re-sending game invite until both connect to each others games, server wise i don't know if "there" is something wrong? or it could also mean that the connection too (internet connection) of both people, the latter could also be the other alternative problem.

Diamondsxo

Well it's quite strange because our internet is I guess, above average and our friend's is better than ours. But on the game our friend had found our game in the search a few times only, and he said our connection/service bars were low or near nothing so we just restarted our internet and seeing what happens... we did this earlier but it didn't have any affect but maybe 2nd time lucky :-/

Top Bottom