• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica HELP HELP HELP, ThIS BIT IS DRIVING ME NUTS

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
okay i know i put this in my CVX thread, but i don't know how many people were viewing that(and though more wud respond to a help help thread lol), anyway i need help fast, i've already looked through guides but can't find nothing, everything says, bring herbs with you, so please NO ONE tell me i should have saved a herb or 2, i know that know, and realize my mistake, what i need to know is, in Resident evil CVX, when you see steve and he turns into a tyrant/monster, and you have to turn around and run, i have full health but no healing items, and he manages to kill me every time i try to run, the guides i read says he can;t be killed at this bit, so what the hell do i DOOOO, i've searched the entire area and i can't find herbs, so the worst case scenario is to start the game over :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

please any tips on surviving this bit..

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Daaamn... I believe you do need a health item for this part my friend. Um you never save your game in more than one slot???

Try stunning Steve with a strong weapon then take off as fast as you can and don't stop even if he hits you!

The ones in the room after you get seperated from Chris are gone?

aintnoscrub

Premium
yer when you two get separated, i had red health because, Claire got poisoned, you know theres two scenarios, and she can either get poisoned or not, then as chris run and get the serum, and i did get poisoned, cuz its my first proper play through and didn;t know the consequences, so as soon as you control claire again, she's in danger health and the only 2 available are red and green herbs, which i mixed to fully heal, then after that im screwed.

and no i havent been saving in more than one slot, its very stupid i know, but on my first runs i always concentrate on playing through rather than thinking that i might reach a point like this.
i just tried weapons on him, i took the magnum with me, as soon as you get control, i ran got hit once, started shooting him, didn't even budge him backwards like i hoped, then tried running off, but got slaughtered, then again, i tried with grenade launcher, and that had the same effect..so i guess i really am screwed.
:((

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Hmmm I forgot about the poison part (haven't played in a while). Well don't give up hope just yet... Try to youtube that part of the game and see what other people do.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i just found a youtube walkthrough, and the person playing had 2 fully mixed herb sets, so upon being hit twice just used them...:(
guess i have to start again, although i am not overwriting this save, so if anyone, has the solution, please let me know.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
OK did you save it after you got the card to the door? Because I read that if you let the big metal plate fall and kill Claire it will take you back to Antartica. Sooo try that, its better than starting the whole game all over.

mastermind

one trick that you can do is when he goes to swing the axe at you just use the knife and aim downwards and attack and claire will go to low for the axe to hit her and you shouldnt get hit and it stalls him to recover from the attack
so in essence attack the ground with the knife when he goes to attack you :) hope this helps

aintnoscrub

Premium
i like how you think mastermind, i'll give it ago, then if that doesnt work, i'll get killed under that block that crushes you..

bruno

Chief Researcher
I've been in that situation. I went to the figh with a green+red herb mix, and i always died. Then, i started from the beginning, and went there with 3 FAS's and a G+r herb mix... and i only used the herb mix. I got so ****ed off because i started from the biginning for nothing.
But, it's most probable you'll have to start over. Sorry to tell ya. Nrxt time, try to save some healing items.

mastermind

so have you gotten around to trying that idea yet iHadeSsS???
i wanna know if it works for others than myself

aintnoscrub

Premium
nahh it didnt work for me, it just took me back to the same place as before :(
so i had to start over, didn't take me long to get there again, i just rushed through it, skipping all cut scenes etc, and did it this time, completed the game now as well =)

aintnoscrub

Premium
i think it was a b, cuz of first aid spray use..
but that doesnt bother me, now i've completed it, and know the puzzles, i can do it again, this time aim for a better rank, and hopefully a good time.

aintnoscrub

Premium
do you try for it though, or just play through it and whatever happens, happens?
first play through, i just go for it to understand the game, then i will get a routine going where i aim for A or S rank and all the unlockable weapons etc.

mastermind

i have tried that so many times on re 2 and re 4. i dont know why i dont get it on RE 2. on RE 4 does your hit percentage help determine your rank

aintnoscrub

Premium
i don't really know whether it does on RE4, i would imagine it has something to do with it..but im sure as long as you keep it above something like 70% it doesnt make a difference..that you have to ask someone, who is a perfectionist on RE4.
on 2, its a case of time, and NOT using healing sprays, and im not sure but stick to single herbs, not fully mixed ones, thats what i do, and i can easily achieve highest rank, also, no special weapons, and don't pick up the machine guns in the basement/sewer area..they drop your rank.

mastermind

that explains it i always picked up the machine gun and never played the B part of the story
on RE4 i have an average of like 44% hit average for the whole game

Top Bottom