• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello :)

Mako Crab

Hi there. :)

I'm a long-time fan of the Resident Evil games. I've been playing since part 1 was released back in '95 or '96. Um . . . yeah. I'll just do a quick run-down of some Mako factoids.

The name?
- Mako = reference to Final Fantasy 7, not to Mako Sharks.
- Crab = My fondness for the crustacean animal. It all began with crab mechs in anime and kind of went from there.

Oh, by the way, I *do* like some anime. Mostly older stuff, but I pretty much grew out of it.

Favorite Resident Evil:
- Part 1. By far.
- The Playstation version. The GameCube remake looks photorealistic, but the simple charm and warmer lighting of the Playstation version (plus nostalgia, I'm sure) makes it #1 in my book.

Least Favorite Resident Evil:
- I don't know as though I hate any RE game, but least favorite goes to RE: Survivor.

To clarify my favorites, here's a quick list of the RE games I have played:
RE1- Playstation
RE2- Playstation
RE3- Playstation
RE Survivor- Playstation

RE Code Veronica X- PS2
RE Dead Aim- PS2
RE4- PS2

So while there may be some out there worse than RE Survivor, I can only judge based on what I've played. I can't even entertain the thought that any RE game is better than part 1. It's not possible. :p

The one thing about RE that makes no sense:
Wesker's accent. When did he pick that up??

What else do I like?
- Cartoons. If you need a list of my favorites, I'll be happy to oblige.
- Video Games. Pretty obvious since I'm here.
- Writing. One term away from finishing my bachelor's degree in english/writing (minor in art history).
- Art. I like to draw and stuff. Hate Picasso. The more I studied his work, the more I disliked it. I can understand the contributions to the art world he made and appreciate it from that standpoint, but aesthetically I think his stuff is awful.

Um. . . . yeah. I think that's a good start. Anything you all would like to know?

Mako Crab

I like you already. ;)

Welcome to REN; I hope you really enjoy it here.
Hehe, thanks. :) Nice to meet you.

List the cartoons. Nao.

Also hi.
Okay, here goes:

Western toons:
- Transformers (1984)
- Beast Wars (The best damn TF cartoon in the history of TF cartoons)
- Beast Machines
- Transformers Animated
- Transformers Prime

- X-Men (90s)
- X-Men Evolution
- Wolverine and the X-Men

- Bucky O' Hare and the Toad Wars
- Jem and the Holograms (I have 2 sisters, so I wound up watching a lot of what they watched).
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (. . . yeah, I can't blame my sisters for this one.)
- ThunderCats (2011)
- Batman: The Animated Series
- Teen Titans
- Invader Zim
- Gargoyles

Anime:
- Bubblegum Crisis (OAV series)
- Dirty Pair: Project Eden
- Azumanga Daioh
- Fooly Cooly
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (season 1 is awesome. Season 2 lost me).
- Project A-Ko (Eiko?)
- Tenchi Muyo! (OAV series)
- Sailor Moon (it . . . uh. . . was on TV at a time when all western toons looked like they were being drawn on napkins. And uh. . . Sailor Mercury was kinda hot. :D ).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but that's a good deal of my favorites.

Dishonrable Mentions:
- Akira (Overrated is the nicest way I can describe this movie.)
- DragonBall Z (I tried watching it for 2 solid weeks. Nothing happened. NOT. A. DAMN. THING.)

Mako Crab

Batman Beyond's a good show, but I prefer the rogues gallery of the original.

And I stand by my snooty, upturned-nose-ness of Akira and DBZ!!

Oh! To add to the list, I like Scooby Doo, both the original and the new Mystery Inc. Both feature the gang solving mysteries, unmasking monsters, and a decided lack of Scrappy Doo. Camp Scare is also one of the best Scooby animated movies ever made. A great Scooby spin on the Friday the 13th formula.

L

Lurker
FLCL, huh? We can make good friends for now. Welcome. Don't bother with formalities, we're all kind of laid back. If I sound sophisticated it's just my vocabulary, bro. Teen Titans also adds to the list of epicness, but in my mind bronies are just adolescent men trying to get a taste of what being a girl is like. Try watching Angel Beats. You may like it.

Mako Crab

but in my mind bronies are just adolescent men trying to get a taste of what being a girl is like. Try watching Angel Beats. You may like it.
Well to expand on my liking of the Ponies- I watch the show. I find the writing smart and funny. I was A-MAZED that it didn't make me wretch (I only watched it at first out of morbid curiosity). I don't visit MLP forums. I don't buy MLP toys. I don't draw MLP art or write MLP fic. I just like the show in my own, mild little way. And if I had to choose between MLP or the new Transformers show, both of which are flagship shows on the Hub, I'd pick MLP for its excellent cast and writing. TF Prime is pretty damn good, but it's nowhere near the level of MLP in terms of world-building and great characterization and development. Seriously, the season finale of TFP had at least three big expository info-dumps; that kind of information should've been worked into the show leading up to the finale, not introduced at the last second.

Info dump 1: The prophecy of a darkness rising.
Info dump 2: The original 13 Transformers fighting Unicron.
Info dump 3: Optimus and Megatron in their younger days.

Too much! And nothing kills the forward momentum of a show like having to sit through flashbacks. And the whole Unicron epic just came out of nowhere. There was really no hint or lead up to his reveal. The MLP season finale, on the other hand, was the climax/resolution of a story-arc that had been gradually building throughout the entire first season. Thus the payoff feels much greater. It could've been staged as a simple, standalone episode, but the way they kept building up to it throughout other episodes kind of amped the anticipation, which made the catastrophe all the more awesome.

And yeah. I realize I just defended the girls' show by trashing the boys' action show. I'm a fan of good writing. Kind of goes along with the english major. :D

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
EEEEEEEEEEP! JEM! I USED TO WATCH THAT!

I am so freakin' old... :(

Welcome to the community!

Top Bottom