• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HD REmake: Still amazing or just nostalgia?

SweetcornToes

I'm playing (on PS3) it for the first time since the cube version, some 12 years ago and am LOVING every second of it. Just wondering if anyone else is enjoying it so far? Or if the rose-tinted glasses have worn off...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer this in an unbiased manner seeing as how this is my very first time playing it as I'm very console monogamous but I loved every minute of it! Just finished my very first run-through as Jill - like just finished, credits are still rolling - and it was amazing. I must say that, before playing it, I used to always scoff at how people would praise the Remake as being better than the original and I'm thinking "How can that be? The graphics are just updated." but it really is. There will always be a bit of nostalgia when it comes to the original but the Remake surpasses it with flying colors.

Every addition they made to the game - ie; Lisa Trevor, Crimson Heads, etc. - were welcome additions that seemed to fit right in with the Resident Evil universe. (Which is good because I was worried that they would seem forced and excessive.) I also really enjoyed the jewelry box puzzles- nice and challenging without being too difficult - and the way they amped up the billiard balls/chemical storage room pass-code puzzle.

I also must say that I enjoyed the fact that they still utilized the Star, Wind, Sun and Moon crests. Even though they replaced their original usage, I really loved it that they still found a way to use them in this game instead of making them completely obsolete. And what a way to use them as the Magnum is just as much a staple of the original RE as those crests are.

I honestly believe that the Remake will and is standing the test of time beautifully. It's not just nostalgia; it's truly a good game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but it won't be great just for nostalgia. The game is truly a work of art...And I welcome the chance to play it again!

Top Bottom