• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Good News!

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
'We’re pleased to confirm that the recently released Resident Evil has become Capcom’s fastest selling digital title in history across North America and Europe. The title which launched on January 20th has also broken the record for the biggest selling day one digital title on the PlayStation Network.'

Is there more hope for an RE2 remake now?

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Will there be RE Remake on the stores ( Like t has been since forever)? Or it was just digital?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yes! I get the feeling that if RER2 get's good sales, we're going to see a change in the way they make there games. A change for the better.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Well, Capcom want to say:

"Thank you for buying our Remaster, as a prize we will give you RE7 with more action, more characters to play, and more stupid story" :D ;)

Now serious, this video gave me a hope for more remasters (almost sure about RE Zero), or even Remake of RE2 or 3 :)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
This has nothing to do with this thread, but I saw the title and thought of Farnsworth saying, "Good news, everyone!"

Anyway, I'm waiting for RE0 remaster, and a possible updated release of RE2 and RE3, like everyone else.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It's almost confirmed there's gonna be a Zero remaster, like it was almost confirmed Barry was in Rev 2 (A father searches for his daughter? Kinda obvious when we know the daughter is Moira).

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I think we'll definitely see RE0 HD pretty soon, as I'm pretty positive they've already been working on it. As for a REmake of RE2 or 3, that will be logistically more difficult to do. With the HD versions of the Game Cube games, they didn't/won't have to build the game from the ground up like they would for a new REmake, and thus were/are produced on the cheap. They would need to approach new REmakes like a new, numbered game, and I don't think Capcom are in a position to take a gamble like that just yet. I won't say never of course, but right now I feel pretty comfortable saying we won't see it any time soon.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've heard a Zero Remaster and 2 Remake could happen.

I've heard that too. But it was probably just me reassuring myself that it is definitely gonna happen, even if nothing has been announced.

At least they might focus more on survival horror for future Resi games now. Or maybe they were right when they said "No Hope Left".

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
That's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, the HD version of REmake was very welcome as far as I'm concerned, and RE0 looked even better to me than REmake upon it's initial release.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It'd be the exact same except changed to HD. atleast with the resident evil 1 remake they upped the graphics a bit not just from standard def to high def

The graphics could be a bit better for Zero, and like you said, it would be on more systems. Also the moving camera and alternate controls, and maybe more alternate costumes like in Remake HD. So it wouldn't really be the exact same.

Top Bottom