• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fort McMurray Wild Fire

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"

Airaku

Stray Jedi
This guy is clearly an idiot. Has Canada had any incidents involving ISIS?

They guy does seem like an idiot lol, and yes we have. They've recruited people here. Successfully as well. They apprehended some of the recruits at an airport in Toronto once. So yes it has happened. They also threatened to bomb Fort McMurray a few years back. There was also a bomb threat at West Edmonton Mall when they claimed that they were going to bomb shopping centers around the country. Obviously West Edmonton Mall was the big one. The police were on high alert. I know it's better safe than sorry, but I was not even concerned in the slightest. It was so obvious that it was an empty threat.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I didn't think they'd reached you guys yet. Damn. We don't hear about any attacks on Canada in the UK media, so either our news is more biased and narrow-minded than I thought, or you must have a better counterterrorism taskforce than we do. Our government at the moment just doesn't seem to give a s***, considering the amount of red tape our police and armed forces have to deal with.

Anyway, back on topic.

Have there been any new developments in the last 13 hours?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I didn't think they'd reached you guys yet. Damn. We don't hear about any attacks on Canada in the UK media, so either our news is more biased and narrow-minded than I thought, or you must have a better counterterrorism taskforce than we do. Our government at the moment just doesn't seem to give a s***, considering the amount of red tape our police and armed forces have to deal with.

Anyway, back on topic.

Have there been any new developments in the last 13 hours?

They definitely do talk about it in the media. Especially with Europe. The problem is, it's pretty rare in Canada. The West Ed Mall thing was a year ago, the Fort Mac threat was a few years ago, and the Toronto recruiting was years ago as well. So it's probably forgotten by most.

I haven't heard of much newer developments. Other than the city being filled with smoke. Some people were even wearing breathing masks. I think it was from another fire, or the wind blew it south. 4-5 hours away might seem like a long distance. It's really not. When my parents were living on Bowen Island. They car was covered in ash from the Mount St. Helens eruption. Now that's crazy!

Top Bottom