• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forgotten appreciation....

Feng-Hi

Today my 13 month old son decided to bring me a game from the "Daddy's not to be played games" which happened to be..............Resident Evil 5.

Needless to say I was told to wait until this midday nap before playing it. Wow those two hours rolled by VERY quickly sad to say and now I'm wondering whether to invest in the Darkside Chronicles on the Wii.

My first taste of RE was with RE4 on the Wii when I was housbound with a broken leg in 2007 and since then I've enjoyed repeat plays of RE4, RE:UC, RE (Gamecube) and RE5.....is it time to get another or enjoy what I have and hope for the RE6 thatmay or may not ever come!?!

Until I decide (or get decent opinions yay or nay) I'll keep kicking Uroboros A**!

bruno

Chief Researcher
You should defenately get RE:TDC. It completes RE:UC, by telling the rest of the stories before RE4 that were not conained in RE:UC.
It contains Leon's and Claire's first appearence (RE2), RE: Code Veronica, a story with Claire as main character and Operation Javier, a new story showing how Leon met Krauser.
I think RE2 and RE:CV have the best storylines in the series, so check them out.
If you have a wii, you could also get RE0 (gameplay and graphics close to Remake), but as it's events are already featured in RE:UC, you should get RE:TDC first.

Feng-Hi

I gave in and just ordered it off Game with the Wii-zapper, seemed better with that even if I won't use it, only cost an extra £7!!! Ohhhh excited now!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
As you previous comments say, get Darkside, it is actually the most satisfying RE experience to date.:)

I personally find that Capcom has been really lazy recently, and their games have given me lots of complaints, but Darkside is one I can't really talk too bad about.:)10/10

Feng-Hi

echoey;64195 said:
Feng-Hi dude did you ever complete ResiEvil5? lol It's been ages man.

Yes I completed it and was working on the BSAA emblems..............then I got xBox Live and had to create a new account :S which of course made me have to start from scratch again!

So at the moment I'm slowly woring through the games I have left to build up GamerScore again. I'm just over halfway through RE5 again.

Why does xBox have to be so annoying, little things like that just wind me up. I had been doing REALLY well (for my standards anyway) on Mercs and working through on Veteran.

Oh well.................deep breath and play again!

Duo

Darkside Chronicles is awesome, and one of the best RE experiences in the last 10 years, but I would also definitely recommend finding a copy of RE2 and RE3: Nemesis if you can stomach some subpar voice acting and outdated graphics. Putting those issues aside they are the best games in the entire franchise.

Umbrella Chronicle's telling of RE3 bears virtually no resemblance to the original game.

Feng-Hi

I keep going back to "outdated graphics" games just for the pure nostalgia so may give RE2 and nemesis a go as I was a late appreciator of the whole RE series I'm ashamed to say!

Darkside Chronicles is good, the camera sway is hard to get used to but I'm impressed with it so far. The graphics are far better than you'd expect for a Wii game too!

Problem with me is that I get upset when I get beaten on a hard bit too many times in a row so have to pause a little and then go back or I'll just sulk!!! Like with the giant croc, took me a while to get into a shooting routine to take his a*s down and turn him into a handbag but done it now!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Duo;64312 said:
Umbrella Chronicle's telling of RE3 bears virtually no resemblance to the original game.

I know, I hated that...

We didn't get to see Brad, the other two UBCS survivors, any of the locations, and most importantly, being followed around by Nemesis.

I actually hoped that we would get to see Brad under the RPD courtyard area like in RE2, in Darkside...we haven't been able to see Brad all remade and pretty yet.:(

Anyway, back to UC & their interpretation of RE3, it makes me wish RE3 was covered in Darkside instead, that way we might get the actual experience, rather than three Outbreak levels that don't follow anything at all...Outbreak, Underbelly & Desperate Times.

Duo

In all fairness Feng-Hi, I started playing the series for real about 10 weeks ago. Just somehow managed to get through the old games before I hit the new ones.

But I did play the RE3 part of UC before I hit RE3 for real and every moment awakened me further to how insulting the do over way. I pretty much agree with the last post word for word.

Feng-Hi

Well I think I will finish playing through RE5 and completing Darkside then.........finish revising for my exam in March and then look at getting RE3.

Anybody know what the differences are/is with the RE:Archives they're releasing on the Wii? Would they be a good way to catch up or just go for traditional games on backdated consoles (GameCube and xBox)?

Did that make sense?

Duo

The Wii Archive titles are direct ports of the Gamecube versions. Only difference is the choice to use the Wiimote + nunchuk to play which doesn't enhance the experience at all. They're a great way to cover 0 and REmake

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Duo;64353 said:
In all fairness Feng-Hi, I started playing the series for real about 10 weeks ago. Just somehow managed to get through the old games before I hit the new ones.

But I did play the RE3 part of UC before I hit RE3 for real and every moment awakened me further to how insulting the do over way. I pretty much agree with the last post word for word.

Yeah, I got irritated with the RE3 part of UC... RE3 is my favourite of the series and they should've done better with it, like the CV section of TDC.

RE2 section was the best redone so far in that series.

Duo

Yeah, can't argue with that one bit. Memories of a Lost City is every bit the experience I could have possibly hoped for given the limitations of being a Rail Shooter (which basically means keeping the characters together and moving the story quickly).

Top Bottom