• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Finished Leons campaign, how are the other 2?

ResidentE

Yeah i think Leons was good and Ada's was really cool, Ada's is a bit more stealth based with some good fights and weapons. I was very disapointed with jakes, i thought the end boss was great , but some of the levels were terribly designed,

-Spoiler-

especially the snowy level trekking around looking for three codes from a USB stick that Sherry still had. Seriously stupid story for a start, a USB Stick breaking up into fragments. The foggy snowy level just looked awful to me and I got lost in a loop sliding down the big slope then running back up it about three times. There was also pointless snowmobiles knocking around on a pretty small map and just that whole chapter was a chore to me.

Oh? Well I wasn't that impressed by the map... but it was the easiest one imo. You just run around till you encounter a dude on a snowmobile, kill it, get on the snowmobile and drive around, getting all parts. Was actually kinda fun.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah I didnt find the snowmobile until i'd trekked around in circles for about half an hour but i guess thats why it annoyed me, and the bad level graphics with the fog and darkness just didn't look good or scary for me.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
I have only finished jakes and I didn't like it that much. It's all very much the same.

Don't read this if you don't want spoilers:

The first chapter: Oh, we can fight hannibal lecter.

Few minutes later: Oh, there he is again.

Few minutes later: and again

few minutes later: oh again. Well now he must be dead.

Second chapter. Are you kidding me, him again?

Chapter 3: no hannibal :D

chapter 4. ... again... ******* again. Couldn't they make like... a new enemy?

chapter5: aaaare you ******* kidding me? I mean, sure, there is nothing wrong with fighting one enemy multiple times, because it's kinda boss-like style. It was cool the first chapter. But really, nothing but him?

Well to me it didn't really feel like resident evil. Where was the walking around, sneaky, looking for stuff? Getting all trophies. Walking around, solving all the puzzles and ofc, lots of different boss fights. All of that is sort of gone. Not saying it's a bad game. Not at all. It's a freaking good game. But it doesn't really feel like Resident evil.

I have played three of the 5 from leons story. There are some puzzles in it... but well... in RE4, you actually had to think. Now, it's so freaking easy.

The thing I really don't like about this game is how irrelevant it seems. I mean, sure, you can stay, and kill zombies. But for the most part, you can just run past them and skip like everything. Once you get to a door you need your partner to open, every enemy is gone all of a sudden. It's so easy to just ignore every zombie, run past them, get to the door and get to the next part... it really is hard not to do it. So it's kinda boring. But maybe it's because I'm playing on normal. I just finished RE4 again a few days ago and 5 a few weeks ago. So I kinda wanted to just see the story line. So maybe I'm the one to blame. I'll see.

Back for more?! :D

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
i finished leons campaign, i have begun Chris's campaign, and im enjoying it alot, is there anything disappointing to expect that disappointed the critics or if i enjoy it, it should be good?
To be honest, in my humble opinion, Chris' campaign is lightyears better than Leon's in terms of pretty much everything. I think Leon's started strong but got messy after they got to the Cathedral. The storyline here is far more imaginative and enthralling, it was easier to become emotionally invested in the characters (and the character development was better overall too), the final boss never was persistant enough to the point of sheer redundancy like Simmons the giant fly.

Sure, Leon's was a bit more 'Resident Evil' but I had more fun playing Chris'. And that's all that matters to me.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
***SPOILERS/RANT COMING***

Not that my opinion matters or that I'm stating it as fact, I figured this would be a good place to air it. The game over all is solid, each campaign has it's ups and downs as expected. I'm not going to give a full on review because, obviously that's not my thing and I'm not really too into games just this franchise, so take this with a grain of salt.

Leon's was pretty damn solid, and out of the main three it just felt the most comfortable for me. It had it's downsides, such as Simmons NEVER F***ING DYING, and the replay value for a lot of the first chapter being very minimal. Also I'm not even going to comment on the rope climbing QTE -___- But over all I felt that it used suspense, and action when needed.

Chris's had imo a solid story, and some cool parts(searching for keys in the boat, and the whole last chapter where definite highlights), but I hate to be "that guy" and say this, but it was to "actiony" for me. Every enemy had guns, and there were far to many driving segments for my taste. But hey, if you're into that than I'm sure it's good in that way. I'm gonna run through it again so I can fully appreciate it. Which is a shame because I thought Chris ruled in this, it was pretty realistic. At this point I feel the whole cast would be alcoholics and suffering from experiences lolz.

Jake/Sherry's was interesting. Though a bit on the action side, it was still fun. I liked the stealth parts, but I didn't get the over all panic of Ustanak showing up randomly. Not really sure what else I have to say about this one.

Ada's was a good mix of all of the above, with some oldschool RE thrown in a certain chapter. Her commentary on everything was pretty sarcastic and funny, got some good lulz out of that. The downside is the last chapter, and that we never really learned anything else about her. Bright side; it was single player and I'll always welcome that.

All in all, I think the game as a whole was pretty good, with some very memorable moments. It's downside being all the QTE's, and the fact that much of the plot was revealed before release. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, a pretty enjoyable experience.

ResidentE

(also spoilers. Don't read if you don't want them)

Hmm personally I would give it... a 10 out of 10 I think. There really wasn't anything wrong with it. Maybe because I didn't look for info before the release. Guess you're the one to blame if you did. I myself didn't know anything about the story and I must say... it was a freaking good one. Especially the way it was told. You have to play each campaign to know the entire story. Untill you do, you only know bits and pieces. For the entire three campaigns I was wondering what Ada's role was in all this. After playing chris' I really had no idea which side she was on. I just started ada's and pretty much as soon it started, I realised she was most likely cloned.

I also love how this game is more melee-like. I'm not a real fan of shooters and I love how resident evil is a game that offers both melee and shooting. Both with their own pros and cons. I also love how you can do more than the previous games. Resident evil 4, for instance. The knife fighting cutscenes were amazing. But the actual game it self, Leon was a lot less awesome. It sort of felt like leon in the game and leon in the cutscenes were two different chars. In this game, it actually feels like you're the same. With the diving, sliding, dodging, running, kicking and hitting, it sure felt like you were a well trained fighter.

Which is also something I love about this game. Not only are the stories told, one by one, bits and pieces... also the way they looked at the story was different. The BSAA who, most of all tried to make sure each and every single one of his team stayed alive. The well... whatever Leon is exactly, trying to find the one behind all this, saving the world. The mercenary who most of all tried to keep himself alive, because his blood could save the world. And ofc Ada, the most interesting of them all.

I really find it hard to say anything bad about the game. It offered way too much. Swimming, driving, running, fighting. Everything was in it. This is what made the game so good. The story was also pretty long and the most games I've played recently were filled with bugs. At one point I actually thought that there was something wrong with me, because in the past I never had this kind of problems. Sure, this game has some minor bugs in it. But nothing game breaking. I also liked how the AI teammate couldn't die, to make up for well... AI problems.

I also liked how this game doesn't explain everything. Everytime you play the game, you find out something new you can use to fight the darn zombies.

Something minor I didn't really like about this game is how short the loading screens were. There were lots of usefull tips, but with the average duration of 1 sec, I barely had time enough to read one of them. So far I haven't found a website either, where I could find them.

But yeah, personally I think this is the best Resident Evil game. I know, if you want the game to be like RE1, this might seem like a bad game. But I try to look at it as a new game. Not so much a extended version of one of it's previous games.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
***SPOILERS/RANT COMING***

Not that my opinion matters or that I'm stating it as fact, I figured this would be a good place to air it. The game over all is solid, each campaign has it's ups and downs as expected. I'm not going to give a full on review because, obviously that's not my thing and I'm not really too into games just this franchise, so take this with a grain of salt.

Leon's was pretty damn solid, and out of the main three it just felt the most comfortable for me. It had it's downsides, such as Simmons NEVER F***ING DYING, and the replay value for a lot of the first chapter being very minimal. Also I'm not even going to comment on the rope climbing QTE -___- But over all I felt that it used suspense, and action when needed.

Chris's had imo a solid story, and some cool parts(searching for keys in the boat, and the whole last chapter where definite highlights), but I hate to be "that guy" and say this, but it was to "actiony" for me. Every enemy had guns, and there were far to many driving segments for my taste. But hey, if you're into that than I'm sure it's good in that way. I'm gonna run through it again so I can fully appreciate it. Which is a shame because I thought Chris ruled in this, it was pretty realistic. At this point I feel the whole cast would be alcoholics and suffering from experiences lolz.

Jake/Sherry's was interesting. Though a bit on the action side, it was still fun. I liked the stealth parts, but I didn't get the over all panic of Ustanak showing up randomly. Not really sure what else I have to say about this one.

Ada's was a good mix of all of the above, with some oldschool RE thrown in a certain chapter. Her commentary on everything was pretty sarcastic and funny, got some good lulz out of that. The downside is the last chapter, and that we never really learned anything else about her. Bright side; it was single player and I'll always welcome that.

All in all, I think the game as a whole was pretty good, with some very memorable moments. It's downside being all the QTE's, and the fact that much of the plot was revealed before release. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, a pretty enjoyable experience.

I liked Simmons never dying, reminded me of Nemesis/William Birkin, maybe if they spaced the battles out a bit, so one was in the middle of the game, then one later on and one at the end, instead of just he's back! he's back again! oh he's back, again!

I agree with everything else though, except i welcomed the action of Chris' campaign, and Ustanak scared the **** out of me, well not me, but i didn't want to run into him at all.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
(also spoilers. Don't read if you don't want them)

Hmm personally I would give it... a 10 out of 10 I think. There really wasn't anything wrong with it. Maybe because I didn't look for info before the release. Guess you're the one to blame if you did. I myself didn't know anything about the story and I must say... it was a freaking good one. Especially the way it was told. You have to play each campaign to know the entire story. Untill you do, you only know bits and pieces. For the entire three campaigns I was wondering what Ada's role was in all this. After playing chris' I really had no idea which side she was on. I just started ada's and pretty much as soon it started, I realised she was most likely cloned.

I also love how this game is more melee-like. I'm not a real fan of shooters and I love how resident evil is a game that offers both melee and shooting. Both with their own pros and cons. I also love how you can do more than the previous games. Resident evil 4, for instance. The knife fighting cutscenes were amazing. But the actual game it self, Leon was a lot less awesome. It sort of felt like leon in the game and leon in the cutscenes were two different chars. In this game, it actually feels like you're the same. With the diving, sliding, dodging, running, kicking and hitting, it sure felt like you were a well trained fighter.

Which is also something I love about this game. Not only are the stories told, one by one, bits and pieces... also the way they looked at the story was different. The BSAA who, most of all tried to make sure each and every single one of his team stayed alive. The well... whatever Leon is exactly, trying to find the one behind all this, saving the world. The mercenary who most of all tried to keep himself alive, because his blood could save the world. And ofc Ada, the most interesting of them all.

I really find it hard to say anything bad about the game. It offered way too much. Swimming, driving, running, fighting. Everything was in it. This is what made the game so good. The story was also pretty long and the most games I've played recently were filled with bugs. At one point I actually thought that there was something wrong with me, because in the past I never had this kind of problems. Sure, this game has some minor bugs in it. But nothing game breaking. I also liked how the AI teammate couldn't die, to make up for well... AI problems.

I also liked how this game doesn't explain everything. Everytime you play the game, you find out something new you can use to fight the darn zombies.

Something minor I didn't really like about this game is how short the loading screens were. There were lots of usefull tips, but with the average duration of 1 sec, I barely had time enough to read one of them. So far I haven't found a website either, where I could find them.

But yeah, personally I think this is the best Resident Evil game. I know, if you want the game to be like RE1, this might seem like a bad game. But I try to look at it as a new game. Not so much a extended version of one of it's previous games.

If a games only fault is that the loading screens are too quick, you know it's killer!

10/10 for me too, it's also my favourite Resident Evil game, knocking RE2 off a 10 year spot as my favourite game.

I also didn't watch any trailers or read any info about it til i was playing it, maybe that helped us?

ResidentE

If a games only fault is that the loading screens are too quick, you know it's killer!

10/10 for me too, it's also my favourite Resident Evil game, knocking RE2 off a 10 year spot as my favourite game.

I also didn't watch any trailers or read any info about it til i was playing it, maybe that helped us?

I guess it did. A trailer isn't meant to actually tell us something about the story you don't want to know. Still, if you want to enjoy a game and don't want spoilers... why would you watch trailers/look up info in the first place. Don't get that.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I liked Simmons never dying, reminded me of Nemesis/William Birkin, maybe if they spaced the battles out a bit, so one was in the middle of the game, then one later on and one at the end, instead of just he's back! he's back again! oh he's back, again!

True, it did remind me of William Birkin with all the mutations, but the pacing of it could've been better. But I'm sure not watching the trailers would've helped for the story, I just didn't think they would give away that much of the plot!

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon

I believe the same, but in my opinion, no matter what can be brought up, you just can't beat the classics that made the games what they were today, So RE2 will always have that place in my heart as my top RE game, but this and 4 come in a close second and third.

Top Bottom