• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Final boss fight

jackstone112

So , i have always wondered. when you fight nemesis for the last time, the scene starts with him feeding on a dead tyrant, what is it that makes him mutate? is it just the t-virus or is it particular that he is eating a tyrant? also, one thing i don't understand if he mutates by eating it, when he get's back and eats more why dosen't he keep growing?

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
he was feeding until it got to his max stage of evolution? must be the virus in the tyrant`s body

Patrick Wilfong

Steve Picks LLC
So, the best way to explain it is about the virus. The T-Virus was the original right? Well, as it progressed and changed, they gave it new names; or different strains became invented. The Tyrant virus, was it's own high form of mutation. That's why when nemesis (a mutation from the T-virus and a mix of other viruses) ingested the stronger mutation, he too became strong. So like you said, when he went back for more, why didn't he get stronger? because he already mutated and became the strongest he could off that mutation. in order for him to regrow stronger, he'd have to ingest a completely different and new virus (to him). :)

bruno

Chief Researcher
So, the best way to explain it is about the virus. The T-Virus was the original right? Well, as it progressed and changed, they gave it new names; or different strains became invented. The Tyrant virus, was it's own high form of mutation. That's why when nemesis (a mutation from the T-virus and a mix of other viruses) ingested the stronger mutation, he too became strong. So like you said, when he went back for more, why didn't he get stronger? because he already mutated and became the strongest he could off that mutation. in order for him to regrow stronger, he'd have to ingest a completely different and new virus (to him). :)

The Nemesis Tyrants were based on the T-103 Tyrant Model, but then the Nemesis Parasite was used in order to control him, which means he already had the same virus used to produce the T-103.
I'd say it is a property of the Nemesis parasite what made him grow into the final "blob" form, since the G-virus has a similar effect in the end of RE2 (the G-virus inherited properties from the Nemesis parasite). I think he was just too weak, and when he got some energy from eating the T-103, he mutated in order to accomplish his mission (kill Jill).

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I always assumed this was a property of the virus - that when the body is damaged, the virus tries to heal the host body and in doing so, causes further mutation. So, when Nemesis was drowned in some sort of acidic solution (whatever it was), his body had to continually mutate to keep himself alive which caused the dramatic results we had seen up to then.

If you think about it in the context of the game - Nemesis changes as he is damaged continually until his veins become tentacle whips and he becomes larger, stronger, and faster. Why shouldn't it happen when he gets continually damaged?

Pau Diaz

Explorer of facts
I have another question: why does Final Nemesis go back to eat more of the Tyrant and not recover well enough to continue the fight if you inflict enough damage to drive him away? I shot him with 5 rockets and he retreated back to the tyrant and started feeding on it again. I waited a while, but Nemesis wouldn't come back for a second round. I hadn't activated the rail cannon, by the way.

Or does he come back for more if you wait for him to feast long enough?

Top Bottom