• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite zombie movie!

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Trinity;71941 said:
But the bigger picture is pretty scary. Ending up alone in a zombie infested room

I don't remember them being alone in a zombie-infested room. Which part was that?

Edit:

Or did you mean the part where his "girlfriend" tries to eat him?

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Trinity;71943 said:
There are 4 people standing in the middle of thousands of zombies...They're pretty alone.

Poor people... but hey! The bright side is they died making me laugh. :lol:;)

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Ok I gotta speak up on this point. The Dawn of the Dead remake and 28 days and weeks are NOT zombie movies! Romero calls them "infected" movies. Sure their good (well Dawn was really only good for the first 20 minutes or so) but theres no creepiness with the infected. 28 Days and Weeks Later were good and scary movies but the speed of infection and behavior of the infected was unrealistic. Although I admit I would probably lose control of my bowels if I encountered a rage-infected person.

Now, seeing as how George A. Romero CREATED undead zombies, I'd say his Dead movies are the best. Dawn and Day were the best in the Dead series. They are absolutely must see movies. The social commentary in them was eye-opening for me. In a world where zombies outnumber people, you better beware of the people... The zombie effects were absolutely fantastic in Land of the Dead (probably the best of any zombie movie) Diary of the Dead was great too. Its like a zombie documentary. And his new movie Survival of the Dead is a great story. Oh and the remake of Night of the Living Dead (the original was the first zombie movie ever) was incredible. And I mean the remake Romero did himself in 1990, not the crappy 2006 remake.

Now onto non-Romero movies. Shaun of the Dead is amazing. It was a hillarious and smart movie. Its my favorite zombie comedy. I LOVE the scene where Shaun walks to the store in the morning after everyone starts to wake from the dead. He slips through puddles of blood and encounters a zombie beggar and still remains oblivious! As I said, hillarious! Zombieland falls into that category too and even though the zombies are similar to those in the Dawn remake, I'd still say its a good ZomCom.

And finally on to Resident Evil movies. I'm not even gonna call those live-action discraces zombie movies. The zombies in them were good (at least in the original and Apocalypse) but they are not horror movies they are action movies. BUT, Degeneration was great! Even though the zombies were only in the first half hour or so of the movie, it still had some great scenes, and I say that not as a Resident Evil fan but as a zombie fan. Leon throwing Claire the handgun in slow motion, MINDBLOWING! Dat chick's got mad skillz!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
T-Vaccinated Kid;76668 said:
Ok I gotta speak up on this point. The Dawn of the Dead remake and 28 days and weeks are NOT zombie movies!

Actually you are wrong right here.

First is a definition of a zombie: It is a dead body that has been reanimated.

Seen how that has happened in both of those movies they are zombies. You can even tell that they have died and been reanimated like the Doctor's Husband, the fat old lady, the pregnant lady, and the gunshop owner(Can't remeber their names). They have all died and came back to life. So you can not deny that they are zombies.

T-Vaccinated Kid

The Major;76671 said:
Actually you are wrong right here.

First is a definition of a zombie: It is a dead body that has been reanimated.

Seen how that has happened in both of those movies they are zombies. You can even tell that they have died and been reanimated like the Doctor's Husband, the fat old lady, the pregnant lady, and the gunshop owner(Can't remeber their names). They have all died and came back to life. So you can not deny that they are zombies.

That's debatable. The movie is a remake of Romero's movie in which everyone who dies wakes up as a zombie. In the remake, only those who are infected wake up. But thats not the issue here. The fact that they have died and reanimated means that they should not be able to move as well as they did when they are alive. So they should deffinately not be running faster than they ever did alive (dead fat lady) And the longer they are dead the more decayed they become. Necrosis and rigor mortis would set in soon after death and make running nearly impossible, hence all the shambling. These rules don't apply to the "zombies" in 28 days because they are still technically alive.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
T-Vaccinated Kid;76676 said:
That's debatable. The movie is a remake of Romero's movie in which everyone who dies wakes up as a zombie. In the remake, only those who are infected wake up. But thats not the issue here. The fact that they have died and reanimated means that they should not be able to move as well as they did when they are alive. So they should deffinately not be running faster than they ever did alive (dead fat lady) And the longer they are dead the more decayed they become. Necrosis and rigor mortis would set in soon after death and make running nearly impossible, hence all the shambling. These rules don't apply to the "zombies" in 28 days because they are still technically alive.

They are still zombies. They have died and been reanimated. You can keep on arguing but you are going to lose since your details have no support. All that needs to happen is that they need to have died and been reanimated. When both of those happens then they are a zombie.

T-Vaccinated Kid

The Major;76680 said:
They are still zombies. They have died and been reanimated. You can keep on arguing but you are going to lose since your details have no support. All that needs to happen is that they need to have died and been reanimated. When both of those happens then they are a zombie.

My details do have support. They came from Romero. The people in the Dawn remake may be zombies, but they don't behave like zombies. Its a major inconsistency in the movie, one that ruins it for most zombie fans.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Shawn of the dead points here, this should have been a poll lol,

"I trust you haven't forgotten about your bimonthly visit"

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
T-Vaccinated Kid;76687 said:
My details do have support. They came from Romero. The people in the Dawn remake may be zombies, but they don't behave like zombies. Its a major inconsistency in the movie, one that ruins it for most zombie fans.

No you don't have support. Just because you watched the movies dosen't mean that you have support that they are not zombies. The only thing that you are trying to say that just because they run dosen't mean they are zombies when you clearly forgotten that Crimson Heads run and they are zombies.

Lets drop this. I have better things to do then to argue with someone who dosen't know what a zombie is.

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
Officially, a zombie is a reanimated corpse. No "mind control" not "voodoo" no "virus". Just a reanimated corpse. Those infected by the t-virus died and were reanimated, making them zombies. the Ganados and Kijujus(or whatever they're called) were implanted with a parasite, making them not zombies. Dawn of the Dead zombies were in fact zombies. even though they were basically nothing like traditional zombies, they still were reanimated corpses. Same with other "fast zombies" .

Hoady

Gotta go with the mainstream here and say Shaun of the dead.I had Zombieland here about a week ago but everyone said it was crap so i didn't bother.

One thing i hate with zombie movies and they've always got a really **** ending like they usually just kill of a hell cool dude for no apparent reason.Honestly i haven't watched to many decent zombie films i need to tank up on some good ones.

T-Vaccinated Kid

The Major;76744 said:
No you don't have support. Just because you watched the movies dosen't mean that you have support that they are not zombies. The only thing that you are trying to say that just because they run dosen't mean they are zombies when you clearly forgotten that Crimson Heads run and they are zombies.

Lets drop this. I have better things to do then to argue with someone who dosen't know what a zombie is.

*sigh* Apparently you don't understand that zombies are dead. We're not talking T-Virus here. T-Virus is a mutagen. T causes necrosis BEFORE death. Its just a symptom of the virus. Zombies just decay more and more and that is why its physically impossible for them to move fast. But if the host mutates its cells strengthen. Crimson Heads and Lickers have mutated into bodies much stronger than humans. Zombies are sub-human. Crimson Heads have mutated past that. Crimson Heads are not zombies, just like Tyrants aren't zombies. Now, uninfected zombies are just dead. There is no virus keeping them going. They just continue to rot and decay. As I said earlier, rigor mortis would set in soon after death, followed by necrosis. By the time the zombie has been dead for an hour or two its muscels would be so tight and shriveled it would be IMPOSSIBLE for it to move that quickly HENCE THE SHAMBLING.

So what have we learned?

Zombies are dead. What happens when you die? Your body gets all ****ed up! Your muscels get stiff as a board and your flesh starts to rot. Have you ever seen anyone run with a stiff leg, let alone two stiff legs and rotten thigh and calf muscels? It aint gonna happen. Dawn of the Dead remake wasn't good. Let it go. Do yourself a favor and watch the original instead. (hey at least I stayed on topic... sort of)

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
T-Vaccinated Kid;76797 said:
*sigh* Apparently you don't understand that zombies are dead. We're not talking T-Virus here. T-Virus is a mutagen. T causes necrosis BEFORE death. Its just a symptom of the virus. Zombies just decay more and more and that is why its physically impossible for them to move fast. But if the host mutates its cells strengthen. Crimson Heads and Lickers have mutated into bodies much stronger than humans. Zombies are sub-human. Crimson Heads have mutated past that. Crimson Heads are not zombies, just like Tyrants aren't zombies. Now, uninfected zombies are just dead. There is no virus keeping them going. They just continue to rot and decay. As I said earlier, rigor mortis would set in soon after death, followed by necrosis. By the time the zombie has been dead for an hour or two its muscels would be so tight and shriveled it would be IMPOSSIBLE for it to move that quickly HENCE THE SHAMBLING.

So what have we learned?

Zombies are dead. What happens when you die? Your body gets all ****ed up! Your muscels get stiff as a board and your flesh starts to rot. Have you ever seen anyone run with a stiff leg, let alone two stiff legs and rotten thigh and calf muscels? It aint gonna happen. Dawn of the Dead remake wasn't good. Let it go. Do yourself a favor and watch the original instead. (hey at least I stayed on topic... sort of)

Are you trying to egg me on to keep on arguing. You know that you are wrong in every single way. You are making no sense, you are not getting the point, and you are trying to p**s me off as best you can.

T-Vaccinated Kid

The Major;76800 said:
Are you trying to egg me on to keep on arguing. You know that you are wrong in every single way. You are making no sense, you are not getting the point, and you are trying to p**s me off as best you can.

I'm not trying to **** you off. I may have gotten a little smart mouthed because you said I knew nothing about zombies but I was just trying to make my point. I proofread my posts. I know I was making sense. And I know what I said was true (as far as zombies go). I can't help it if you can't grasp the concept of death and I can't help it if I'm a logical person. All I'm trying to do is educate. BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Ok ok lets not get this topic shut down.

Shaun of the Dead quote: "He's got an arm off!"

Top Bottom